12% 

FF2 Freak Fortress 2 1.10.14 Released

Post New Thread Reply   

Jillchang
Old 03-30-2017 , 22:26   Re: Freak Fortress 2 1.10.14 Released
Reply With Quote #2891

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wliu View Post
Here's a couple of possible fixes, courtesy of naydef. Please tell me how it goes.
* Delay playing the BGM for a frame to avoid possible race conditions (might fix the random BGM pauses)
* Fix an issue with the German translation (specifically, ff2_alive)
* Fix an exploit where bosses could suicide even if ff2_boss_suicide was 0

I still need to investigate the minions bug.
Can you post the source for that?
It seems to have fixed the music bug but it crashed for me once so far. Might be due to other stuff not this plugin.
Dalix
Old 04-02-2017 , 06:17   Re: Freak Fortress 2 1.10.14 Released
Reply With Quote #2892

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transit Of Venus View Post
Shadow did post his Fork v1.49 on BBG Forums before it closed down, but this version did not work for me, so I just resume to use v1.46. I did give it to someone but that user had many issues with it. I'm unsure if I missed something in the zip. But my FF2 works ok at the moment (only some bugs).

...like 1st boss dying at start round, as of today AMS stopped working for 'Neptune', boss getting stuck on Backstab (Bladeoman)...

Edit: I will only move to normal FF2 if it does the main things the Fork did (loading charsets without map change [end of rounds], BGM info in chat etc.)
Can you share Shadow's v1.49 fork?
93SHADoW
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-02-2017 , 16:01   Re: Freak Fortress 2 1.10.14 Released
Reply With Quote #2893

Since people kept asking about my fork that was formally used by BBG prior to its shutdown, here it is.

https://github.com/shadow93/FreakFortressBBG

provided AS-IS, but you can send me pull requests to fix major issues and bugs to keep this thing running. Just haven't had time lately for anything related to FF2 due to life stuff. Also adding some previous versions into the mix under "archived"

Last edited by 93SHADoW; 04-02-2017 at 16:16.
Send a message via AIM to 93SHADoW Send a message via Skype™ to 93SHADoW
Wliu
Veteran Member
Old 04-02-2017 , 17:06   Re: Freak Fortress 2 1.10.14 Released
Reply With Quote #2894

Did I really not provide the source? Oops. Surprised that didn't get taken down. Glad it fixed the BGM bug for you though!
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (freak_fortress_2.sp - 132 views - 259.9 KB)
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-02-2017 , 17:12   Re: Freak Fortress 2 1.10.14 Released
Reply With Quote #2895

Quote:
Did I really not provide the source? Oops. Surprised that didn't get taken down. Glad it fixed the BGM bug for you though!
Might as well call it 1.11, next thing you know, 30 releases later, we'll be at 1.10.44
Old 04-06-2017 , 01:55   Re: Freak Fortress 2 1.10.14 Released
Reply With Quote #2896

1.How do I change backstab damage and the amount of rounds for a map
pappyrus
Old 04-06-2017 , 01:59   Re: Freak Fortress 2 1.10.14 Released
Reply With Quote #2897

Also im getting this error for Cbs and other bosses
Failed to create decoder for MP3 [ xxx/xxxxx.mp3]
so i need help.
Jillchang
Old 04-06-2017 , 13:11   Re: Freak Fortress 2 1.10.14 Released
Reply With Quote #2898

Quote:
Thanks
I noticed the bgm does bug but it's really rare now, and it usually fixes itself a lot faster than before.

Pappyrus, for the decoder thing, it's kind of unpredictable, but ask your players to see if they are getting it. It was something I never really found a fix for. Wish I could email a tf2 dev to fix that issue already since it crashes the client and can happen to any mod that uses sound files. What happens is that something causes it to loop an error to client's computer really fast and causes the clients computer to run out of memory for tf2 (something like that).

Last edited by Jillchang; 04-06-2017 at 13:11.
pappyrus
Old 04-06-2017 , 18:58   Re: Freak Fortress 2 1.10.14 Released
Reply With Quote #2899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillchang View Post
Thanks
I noticed the bgm does bug but it's really rare now, and it usually fixes itself a lot faster than before.

Pappyrus, for the decoder thing, it's kind of unpredictable, but ask your players to see if they are getting it. It was something I never really found a fix for. Wish I could email a tf2 dev to fix that issue already since it crashes the client and can happen to any mod that uses sound files. What happens is that something causes it to loop an error to client's computer really fast and causes the clients computer to run out of memory for tf2 (something like that).
None of my friends have this error just me on my own server
also how do i change backstab damage
pappyrus
Old 04-06-2017 , 19:00   Re: Freak Fortress 2 1.10.14 Released
Reply With Quote #2900

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillchang View Post
Thanks

Mostly for the bosses that come in the archive except hhh hale saxton hale