Plugin Category:
General Purpose
Plugin Game:
Any
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:

Plugin Description:
    Bans a user when they are detected using a banned IP
    Old 01-06-2017 , 03:42   [CS:GO] BetterBan (v1.0 1/6/17)
    Reply With Quote #1

Hey guys this is my first plugin ever so I'm sure the code isn't 100% optimised and might be a few bugs, so if you could check it out and give me some feedback that would be great!

Summary
    BetterBan will SteamId ban a user when they are IP rejected from the server. Banning a Steam client using a generic method will just allow the user to change account and continue playing on the server. BetterBan will ban the client and also (for a specified amount of time bb_ip_banlength) will ban every user that attempt to connect using the same IP address.

You might be thinking, why dont I just ban their IP? Well this will work but wouldn't you like to ban their second account or third account (and so on) that try to connect but are IP rejected? This is the functionality of this plugin.

The only case that this plugin is inneffective is if the client changes their IP address before connecting with a new account.

Installation
    Drag betterban.smx into your Sourcemod plugins folder and restart your server or type "sm plugins load betterban" into the server console.

How To Use
    betterban <clientid> [Message to user]
    • The clientid can be retrieved by typing status and using the second userid digit, as highlighted in this image https://camo.githubusercontent.com/1...3834382e706e67
    • Message is optional and needs to be quoted. Example: betterban 1 "You have been banned for wallhacking"
    • Each entry of IP addresses (along with a EPOCH timestamp) are stored line by line in addons/sourcemod/configs/iplist.cfg
    Commands:
    bb_ip_banlength - determines the time (in seconds) that the IP addresses will ban a client, after this time the IP addresses will be removed from the iplist.cfg file. The default time is 432000 (5 days).
    Attached Files
    File Type: smx betterban.smx (7.0 KB, 360 views)
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (betterban.sp - 1054 views - 4.9 KB)

Last edited by Jacoblairm; 01-06-2017 at 03:46.
    shanapu
    Veteran Member
    Old 01-06-2017 , 07:23   Re: [CS:GO] BetterBan (v1.0 1/6/17)
    Reply With Quote #2

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jacoblairm View Post
    Hey guys this is my first plugin ever so I'm sure the code isn't 100% optimised and might be a few bugs, so if you could check it out and give me some feedback that would be great!
    On the first fast view, good release!

But you mix old and new syntax. Just use the new one. Try to use
    Code:
    #pragma newdecals
    Also you don't need to upload the .smx file when the compiler on forum works fine for this plugin.

Iirc the sourcemod devs recomment to store clients data like bans in mysql not in keyvalues. To many bans in a txt could result in perfomance issues.
    Old 01-06-2017 , 08:02   Re: [CS:GO] BetterBan (v1.0 1/6/17)
    Reply With Quote #3

so who using dynamic ip is safe? imo ban people from IP when you don't know if is static or dynamic is pretty useless.
    Old 01-06-2017 , 09:15   Re: [CS:GO] BetterBan (v1.0 1/6/17)
    Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TonyBaretta View Post
    so who using dynamic ip is safe? imo ban people from IP when you don't know if is static or dynamic is pretty useless.
    This isnt exactly IP banning, it is flagging the IP for a specified time and whichever steam account is associated with the IP in that time are Id banned. The plugin is mainly used for the people who dont think about changing their IP after seeing "This SteamID is banned from the server", so they change account not knowing their IP has been flagged and this plugin will continually ban each account they use until they realise something is not right
    mlov420
    Old 09-30-2018 , 07:14   Re: [CS:GO] BetterBan (v1.0 1/6/17)
    Reply With Quote #5

Tested this plugin out this morning, don't seem to be able to ban anyone. Anytime I try, the following error happens:

Code:
    L 09/30/2018 - 06:00:58: [SM] Exception reported: invalid handle 0 (error: 4)
    L 09/30/2018 - 06:00:58: [SM] Blaming: betterban.smx
    L 09/30/2018 - 06:00:58: [SM] Call stack trace:
    L 09/30/2018 - 06:00:58: [SM]   [0] IsEndOfFile
    L 09/30/2018 - 06:00:58: [SM]   [1] Line 105, /groups/sourcemod/upload_tmp/textDhGIEr.sp::banUser
    I was looking for a ban plugin aside from Sourcebans that I could use to just moderate 1 specific server. The idea you have here is definitely nice. Not sure if this is an easy fix or not.