Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Y.A.S.C. - Yet Another Sniper Control

Post New Thread Reply   

Plugin Info:     Modification:   Counter-Strike        Category:          Approver:   Johnny got his gun (102)
bAnTAi
Old 06-09-2004 , 12:23   Y.A.S.C. - Yet Another Sniper Control
Reply With Quote #1

I have been looking for a plugin which enabled me to limit both AWPs and Autosnipers that did exactly what i wanted without success. So i decided to write my own. The code is based on WillYumYum's Sniper Control v1.2 and some ideas from KiN | SuicideDog's Drop AWP with Team Limit and Win limit 0.4.

So what's different you might ask? Well read on.
Code:
Changes from Sniper Control v1.2
- Cleaned up and removed unecessary code
- Removed (temporarily) option to disable on certain maps
- Removed Scout block since i dont feel the Scout is abused like the Awp/Autosnipers
- Changed the limit from team basis to weapon basis i.e. you now set how many awps a team is allowed and how many autosnipers a team may have. I didn't see the point in allowing one team more weapons than the other. For me being able to have e.g. 1 awp and 2 autosnipers per team made mote sense.
- Added support for limit by number of people on the server. Default purchase of Awp/Autosnipers is blocked until 10 people och more are playing on the server.

Changes from Drop AWP with Team Limit and Win limit 0.4
- Added support for Autosnipers
- Block on Awp/Autosniper BEFORE purchase. You can no longer buy a weapon and then be forced to drop it spending money (very irritating).

Todo for version 1.1
- Add support for limit when a team is dominating too much.
- Add support for mapspecific limits
- Make the plugin use a config file so that it does not need to be recompiled when changing the variables.
- Fix any bugs turning up.
I am not trying to replace either WillYumYum's or KiN | SuicideDog's plugins, instead i feel i have another way of looking at the Awp/Autosnipers and if you like where i am going with my plugin please give me feedback.
Attached Files
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (yasc.sma - 3408 views - 8.9 KB)
KiN | SuicideDog
Old 06-09-2004 , 13:01  
Reply With Quote #2

To my knowledge you couldn't buy an awp with my plugin. Did you find a way around? If so let me know so I can update my plugin.
bAnTAi
Old 06-09-2004 , 13:38  
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiN | SuicideDog
To my knowledge you couldn't buy an awp with my plugin. Did you find a way around? If so let me know so I can update my plugin.
I cant remember if it was specific to the VGUI or the old-style menus, but i had several complaints about this from people playing on my server. They said that they could buy an awp but that it was dropped right away.
Girthesniper
Old 06-09-2004 , 15:44  
Reply With Quote #4

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! This is kinda stupid for maps like awp_map .
rootdown
Old 06-09-2004 , 15:55  
Reply With Quote #5

it could be useful if you attached the actual plugin
Old 06-09-2004 , 17:36   download?
Reply With Quote #6

ummm.... attachment?
[FBX]
Old 06-10-2004 , 03:27  
Reply With Quote #7

no no see your supposed to write it for him, those were just his ideas
bAnTAi
Old 06-10-2004 , 04:58  
Reply With Quote #8

Not sure what happened. I did attach the file. I even tried downloading it once. Should be there now anyway. Sorry about that.
Puntje
Old 06-10-2004 , 05:47  
Reply With Quote #9

hmm, compiled it myself and came up with some errors.
though, when i compiled it here at the site it came out black and i've gotten myself a nice working file... strange

Nice plugin btw, i've got a 18 man server and set the minplayer var @ 24.
In other words, ppl always drop the awp when they buy it / pick it up.
Very nice feature indeed !
Send a message via ICQ to Puntje
illegal-op
Old 06-11-2004 , 11:50  
Reply With Quote #10

I wish you could make this team specific also. Say on maps like assault or militia where you could stop Terrorist from buying any sniper rifle. It would help to even those maps out.

This would be simular to the shield plugin that would allow Terrorist to buy shields and limit them based on specific teams.

Has anyone converted that shield plugin yet to amxx or even updated to work correctly for amx or amxx?

I think you are on the right track with this plugin, I guess we think along the same lines because I've been waiting on something like this to come out. The autosniper was so abused, I just removed it completely and used an awp plugin that only allowed one per team. I think that this would be better but also have the ability to use map specific configs if needed.