Raised This Month: $186 Target: $400
 46% 

[TF2, CSS, CS:GO, FOF] War3Source:EVO v3.0 (updated 11-24-2016)

Post New Thread Reply   

Author
El Diablo War3Evo
Plugin ID:
Plugin Version:
Plugin Category:
Gameplay
Plugin Game:
Any
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:

Plugin Description:
    To bring a warcraft like game to a TF2, CSS, CSGO, FoF, and Possibily more.
    Old 06-26-2016 , 09:22   [TF2, CSS, CS:GO, FOF] War3Source:EVO v3.0 (updated 11-24-2016)
    Reply With Quote #1

SourceMod 1.8 is required!
    To compile for yourself, SourceMod 1.8 Compiler is a must!

Credits to the 1st Generation of War3Source (PimpinJuice (anthony))
    : https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1007365
    and the 2nd Generation of War3Source Ownz (Dark Energy) : https://forums.alliedmods.net/showth...36956?t=136956

This is the 3rd Generation of War3Source with a new name: War3Source: Evolution.

Note: War3Source: Evolution changed War3Source so much that most addons for the 2nd Generation of War3Source will not work with War3Source: Evolution. War3Source Evolution uses private forwards and is the majority reason that any race created for War3Source 2nd Generation will not work. You will need to convert your race over to War3Source Evolution in order for it to work. If you know how to use SDKHooks, then you will be aware on how the new War3Source Evolution works when hooking forwards.

I started using the private forwards system so that only the active races will be "aware" of what is going on, instead of all races "aware" of what is going on. This is part of the huge optimization done to War3Source and why it is called War3Source Evolution. When you run War3Source Evolution with the hundreds of races, you will notice something major: your server will run more smoothly and much less lag. Why? Because only the races that are active are actively engaging the War3Source Engine instead of all the races engaging the War3Source engine all the time. If you was running 100, 200, 500+ races, imagine with War3Source Evolution you could run almost a unlimited supply of races without your server bogging down (given enough memory resources).

With the help of a few others, I managed to create a method map system that would allow you to create readable and easy to create races. As I convert the races over to the new system, just look at how much they have changed.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is BETA. Please report bugs to GitHub: https://github.com/War3Evo/War3Source-EVO/issues

Compiled for SourceMod version 1.8

* Bare with me, the current version is a RAW & BARE-BONES version and does not have all the extra addons to make it look really good yet.

Working Right now: TF2, CSGO

Roadmap for next working: Compile CSS and FOF versions

In theory, the CSGO, CSS, and FoF should (note I said should, but that isn't a meaning it will) work but you will need to compile those yourself. The compiled version below will be for TF2 and only work for TF2 at this moment.

So, I have a server that is up and I was able to get it running with SQLite so those of you whom don't have a MySQL database does not need to worry.

About tf2attributes: It has not been updated for over a year, so I have updated the .sp file and included it with my sourcecode and will only update the .sp file... if the gamedata stops working, maybe we can beg FlaminSarge or someone else with that knowledge to update it.

This version will run a default SQLite database if you don't setup the databases.cfg file. See http://ownageclan.com/wiki/index.php...:Configuration

Make sure you...

* use my version of war3source.ini and war3sourceMVM.ini in the configs section.
    * use war3source_tf2.cfg for TF2 and war3source_csgo.cfg for CSGO
    * use only my version of the translation files.
    * install from my version of the gamedata
    * use and modify my version of the war3source configuration (cfg) files
    * download and install steamtools extension: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=236206

Some extra help can be found on Ownz's wiki page. Most of it applies. http://ownageclan.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

Notes

Compiles fine for TF2, but you may need certain extensions to run
    You need to go to change the contents in the file War3Source-EVO/addons/sourcemod/scripting/include/GAME_SWITCHER/currentgame.inc in order to compile for your platform

All Game Mode Convars
    Spoiler

TF2 Game Mode Convar
    Spoiler

Admin command
    /war3admin
    sm_rcon sm plugins reload <addon race>

Player Commands
    Spoiler

Other information
    Spoiler

War3Source Configuration
    TF2
    : Edit the cfg/war3source_tf2.cfg file and make adjustments for your server
    CSGO: Edit the cfg/war3source_csgo.cfg file and make adjustments for your server
    Others: Edit the cfg/war3source_other.cfg file and make adjustments for your server

Method Maps Link - To help make race creation easier
    https://github.com/War3Evo/War3Sourc...nc#L1876-L2166

^^ Check out the current races on how to use them!

Private Forwards Link - Only the races that players are playing should have forwards while the other races do not need them.
    https://github.com/War3Evo/War3Sourc....inc#L593-L721

ROADMAP:

* Make War3Source.sp reloadable instead of requiring a server restart for updates
    * Move more Global Forwards into the Private Forwards section
    * Get all platforms working
    * Complete the conversion of the Private Forward System (Still need to add a few more global forwards to this private forward system)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    NOTE: Make sure you read the README.md file before grabbing the plugins directory or compiling because it is usually only setup for 1 game platform which means it will not run on your platform if it is setup for some other platform.
    Github: https://github.com/War3Evo/War3Source-EVO

If you still have issues let me know.

Jenkins Information:
    TF2 Latest Build Status -

CSGO Latest Build Status -

Last edited by El Diablo War3Evo; 12-01-2016 at 13:40. Reason: Updated
    El Diablo War3Evo
    Old 06-26-2016 , 09:23   Re: [TF2, CSS, CS:GO, FOF] War3Source:EVO v3.0a (7-1-2016)
    Reply With Quote #2

License and Credits
    Spoiler

SOUND PACK
    http://107.161.29.8:8080/job/War3Sou...0Sound%20Pack/

FULL (LATEST) SOURCE W/ COMPILED VERSION FOR PLATFORM (TF2)

Jenkins Auto Compiler:
    http://107.161.29.8:8080/job/War3Sou...ion%20-%20TF2/

FULL (LATEST) SOURCE W/ COMPILED VERSION FOR PLATFORM (CSGO)

Jenkins Auto Compiler: http://107.161.29.8:8080/job/War3Sou...on%20-%20CSGO/

FULL (BARE-BONE) SOURCE W/ COMPILED VERSION FOR PLATFORM (Maybe outdated, as I like seeing the views :P)
    P.S. If you like this thread, please vote for it!
    You will need to either convert your old races for this new system or wait until I convert several more races.

File name naming sequence: plugin_name-sourcemod version-git build number-game platform.zip

Hint: The latest upload of this if you don't want to go outside of alliedmods.net would be on the last page of this post.

See Last Post for possible latest plugin uploads.
    Attached Files
    File Type: zip war3source_evo--git1-sound-pack.zip (1.39 MB, 136 views)
    File Type: zip war3source_evo-1.8-git24-tf2.zip (1.45 MB, 72 views)
    File Type: zip war3source_evo-1.8-git30-csgo.zip (1.36 MB, 168 views)

Last edited by El Diablo War3Evo; 01-17-2018 at 12:04.
    El Diablo War3Evo
    Old 06-26-2016 , 10:31   Re: [TF2, CSS, CS:GO, FOF] War3Source:EVO v3.0a (6-25-2016)
    Reply With Quote #3

Note to self: https://wiki.alliedmods.net/CSGO_Quirks

Current Bugs:

sm_rcon sm plugins reload war3source - This will crash your server! Don't do it!

* ALL: I do not plan to have Shopmenu3 working unless pushed by Patreons.

(11/22/2016) [war3source_evo-1.8-git29-csgo.zip] CSGO BUG: remove War3Source_021_Fluttershy.smx from your plugins directory. This race is currently throwing errors in your logs. Probably an easy fix, but I don't have time right now.

Please report bugs to GitHub: https://github.com/War3Evo/War3Source-EVO/issues

Have any suggestions on improvements, please post here.

Last edited by El Diablo War3Evo; 11-30-2016 at 17:37.
    El Diablo War3Evo
    Old 06-26-2016 , 15:26   Re: [TF2, CSS, CS:GO, FOF] War3Source:EVO v3.0a (6-25-2016)
    Reply With Quote #4

ADDONS
    For now, download the War3Source:EVO engine, and compile your own addons.

Change the contents in the file War3Source-EVO/addons/sourcemod/scripting/include/GAME_SWITCHER/currentgame.inc in order to compile for your platform

War3 Admin Menu works in all platforms:
    In game chat type /war3admin

SourceCode:
    War3Source_Addon_AdminMenu.sp
    War3Source_Addon_AdminConsole.sp

Keep WATCH or FOLLOW my github for addons that will be added. I'm going to wait to upload them all into packages for each game platform. You can compile them yourselves if you want them right now.

New addons added to github not yet compile and put here:

shopmenu1 or sh1:
    War3Source_Addon_ShopItems.sp

shopmenu2 or sh2:
    War3Source_Addon_ShopItems2.sp

----

Last edited by El Diablo War3Evo; 11-12-2016 at 12:49. Reason: update
    hitmany
    Old 06-28-2016 , 05:02   Re: [TF2, CSS, CS:GO, FOF] War3Source:EVO v3.0a (6-27-2016)
    Reply With Quote #5

Good job man! Thank you!

The main issue in War3Source - races tied to skill buff and item buff. So I cant create Chameleon race =)
    For this reason, in every race SDKHooK_OnTakeDamage used and it loads CPU

Last edited by hitmany; 06-28-2016 at 05:04.
    El Diablo War3Evo
    Old 06-28-2016 , 09:35   Re: [TF2, CSS, CS:GO, FOF] War3Source:EVO v3.0a (6-27-2016)
    Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
    Originally Posted by hitmany View Post
    Good job man! Thank you!

The main issue in War3Source - races tied to skill buff and item buff. So I cant create Chameleon race =)
    For this reason, in every race SDKHooK_OnTakeDamage used and it loads CPU
    Is this a complaint?, an Issue?, or Something good? I'm a bit confused.

If you are talking about War3Source 2nd Generation by Ownz and his team... please name it War3Source 2nd Generation, and you can name this one War3Source:EVO so there will not be confusion.

Are you creating races using SDKHooK_OnTakeDamage?? Cause War3Source:EVO has its own private forward system for doing that.

In order for me to help, I need to better understand. Please specify which platform you are having issues, if any.

If you can, please private message me a link to where I can download a copy of your issued race, if there is a problem.

Last edited by El Diablo War3Evo; 06-28-2016 at 09:48.
    hitmany
    Old 06-28-2016 , 10:40   Re: [TF2, CSS, CS:GO, FOF] War3Source:EVO v3.0a (6-27-2016)
    Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
    Originally Posted by El Diablo War3Evo View Post
    Is this a complaint?, an Issue?, or Something good? I'm a bit confused.

If you are talking about War3Source 2nd Generation by Ownz and his team... please name it War3Source 2nd Generation, and you can name this one War3Source:EVO so there will not be confusion.

Are you creating races using SDKHooK_OnTakeDamage?? Cause War3Source:EVO has its own private forward system for doing that.

In order for me to help, I need to better understand. Please specify which platform you are having issues, if any.

If you can, please private message me a link to where I can download a copy of your issued race, if there is a problem.
    Okay, thank you for answer)
    Its possible to create Chameleon race(like CS 1.6 war3ft) in War3Source:EVO?
    This race have random skills on each round. Skills from Undead to Crypt Lord.

Last edited by hitmany; 06-28-2016 at 10:41.
    El Diablo War3Evo
    Old 06-28-2016 , 10:51   Re: [TF2, CSS, CS:GO, FOF] War3Source:EVO v3.0a (6-27-2016)
    Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
    Originally Posted by hitmany View Post
    Okay, thank you for answer)
    Its possible to create Chameleon race(like CS 1.6 war3ft) in War3Source:EVO?
    This race have random skills on each round. Skills from Undead to Crypt Lord.
    I never worked on Ownz's Generic Skill creation and I have not removed that either, so that should probably still work. It is not in the method maps as I have not added that there, so in theory is should work if you was to use Ownz's Generic Skill creation system from War3Source 2nd generation.

As far as having random skill sets, you would probably have to create a bunch of generic skills and pull from them.

I just thought about something. It is possible I could create a system to "trigger" skills that a player's race does not normally have, but I would have to work on a system to do that.

It would probably be more preferable to just create a triggering system or a marking system. For what you ask is pretty complicated and could take either a long time to create or not at all.

Maybe your best be is to try and use Ownz's Generic Skill creation system in each race you create to be able to "share" skills between races.

I'll look further into this.

My idea is...

Maybe I could create a system to have 2 race sets. One is Real, and the other is Fake. If both are the same number, then the system would use the Real number... if both don't match, then the system would use the Fake number as the raceID for that player. In order to use this, it would probably be best to setup the Fake number in the race itself.

One of the issues I have with this is trying to figure a way to keep the engine optimized while doing this stuff. I'd hate to change how the engine works just for 1 race.

The other issue is... would the player be leveling that race, or would they be leveling each skill from the other races?

For what your calling for is to create a list of "skills", then from there assign those skills to races at any time?

To change how race building works would be the best way to solve this issue.

I think the best idea is to figure out how I built SkillCraft and I think that would help change how races are built. In my SkillCraft, players could setup and choose from numberous skills that they decide they want to use. It allows players to create their own races in game. SkillCraft never caught on and nobody wanted to play it.

Your race idea is good, but from what i have experienced... the more complex a game the less players you will get. In other words, SkillCraft was too complex and since a player couldn't figure out how to defeat the other player .. as that player kept changing skills on each death... it was really hard to balance and counter.

How do you plan to have a player counter your race that changes skills every round, death, or what ever?

Here is another link to my plugin SkillCraft: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=228357

The problem again would be leveling a race that can change its skills.

Creating a system like your requesting would be to completely remove how the races are built, and to incorporate a skill system. The player's race would then determine what skill set it has.

Do you have a copy of the old source code your talking about? If so, can you share it?

The best way I can think of doing this for War3Source:EVO would be to allow races to pick from a pool of skills. That race that you create could "switch" its skill set, but everyone playing that race would also have all the same skills. So, if that race changed its skill to some other skill.. every player playing that race would have their skills changed to the same skill that everyone playing that race has.

Overall, it would require a ton of work and time. If your a programmer, hopefully my SkillCraft will give you better ideas. Good Luck.

P.S. If you can tell me a good reason to change the engine to do this other than just 1 race having that ability... I may consider looking into it. Other than that, this system can not swap skills between races.

ideas on topic..

Player Selects Race, once they join the race, the race assigns skills to the player. The race would now be able to "change" the skills of the player while the player is still the same race. That could be possible, and would require changing how the system builds races. And again would require time and effort.

Does anyone else see a benefit in this time and effort?

Last edited by El Diablo War3Evo; 06-28-2016 at 11:46.
    hitmany
    Old 06-28-2016 , 11:12   Re: [TF2, CSS, CS:GO, FOF] War3Source:EVO v3.0a (6-27-2016)
    Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
    Maybe I could create a system to have 2 race sets. One is Real, and the other is Fake. If both are the same number, then the system would use the Real number... if both don't match, then the system would use the Fake number as the raceID for that player. In order to use this, it would probably be best to setup the Fake number in the race itself.
    Woo, great idea!

Quote:
    One of the issues I have with this is trying to figure a way to keep the engine optimized while doing this stuff. I'd hate to change how the engine works just for 1 race.
    Quote:
    The other issue is... would the player be leveling that race, or would they be leveling each skill from the other races?
    Player just leveling this race and recieved skill with Chamaleon skill level

Quote:
    For what your calling for is to create a list of "skills", then from there assign those skills to races at any time?
    Thats right!
    El Diablo War3Evo
    Old 06-28-2016 , 21:46   Re: [TF2, CSS, CS:GO, FOF] War3Source:EVO v3.0a (6-27-2016)
    Reply With Quote #10

Hitmany, I have many thoughts on how to do it, but would require a lot of work and changes. And at this time I am unable to think clearly on how I would accomplish this. If you or someone else has a better idea on how to do it correctly without having to completely rebuild a majority of this source code please do tell.

Maybe the 4th generation of War3Source could achieve this. For now, I'm going to keep it simple and keep it built how like everyone knows it works. Plus, I have to continue translating the other races and addons for this mod.

Essentially, changing this would basically turn it into SkillCraft...Where players don't have "races", but "skills" that can be swapped.

If you like being able to swap skills around, try, use, and update my SkillCraft.

P.S. It could be possible to add some skillcraft features into warcraft as private forwards and stuff... then you'd have to modify the races so they use the new features, then you will be able to do that. Races created the old way, you would not have access to their skills. I can not figure out how to "temporarily fake" a race for a player without giving them "all that race's skills".

Last edited by El Diablo War3Evo; 06-29-2016 at 09:50.