Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Questions for Sourcemod on TF2 Listen server

Post New Thread Reply   

math341c
Old 06-12-2016 , 10:24   Questions for Sourcemod on TF2 Listen server
Reply With Quote #1

Hello guys, so i am one of them who is also using Sourcemod on listen server. Many times when i want to train as spy, i play bot mode, and im using a mod that enhance bots and makes them more realastic and not too hardcore. So to train, i wanted to mod the game a bit, and add some fun. Like adding health to player, be the horsemann etc (plugins).

So i installed sourcemod with metamod, and it's working fine in the game. The admin menu works, even that i did not configured my self as admin. This is okay for offline gameplay. I play of course with the vac disabled for safety.

I installed a plugin that can add amout of health to player, and it just working fine. But yesterday i wanted to install the, be the horsemann mod, and i got a problem, the problem is, that mod has some Cvars, and i have no server.cfg in my game folder, because this is a listen server. So my question is how do i set cvars when i have a listen sever? I don't know really where.

I hope you can help me guys
Thanks in advane, and you may have a nice day
Potato Uno
Veteran Member
Old 06-12-2016 , 11:13   Re: Questions for Sourcemod on TF2 Listen server
Reply With Quote #2

You should be able to set cvars on your client console.

Unless RAM is a problem, you should just download and run srcds on the same machine as your client, and put all the sourcemod stuff in srcds. Then connect through LAN. Sourcemod is not fully supported on listening servers.

Also you can't get VAC'd with sourcemod installed. The client will simply refuse to load metamod if VAC is enabled.

Last edited by Potato Uno; 06-12-2016 at 11:14.
math341c
Old 06-13-2016 , 05:21   Re: Questions for Sourcemod on TF2 Listen server
Reply With Quote #3

Hello thanks for answer, but then i need to set them each time i start my server up, there is not anyway to set them, so they are already set when i start my server up?
Wulfy
Old 06-13-2016 , 19:58   Re: Questions for Sourcemod on TF2 Listen server
Reply With Quote #4

Like Potato said, your best option is to use srcds rather than a listen server.

If you don't want to or can't, you could create a namegoeshere.cfg file with all the cvars you want in your local cfg folder in your tf2 directory. Then, after you launch your listen server, type exec namegoeshere.cfg in console (after entering the rcon password, or use sm rcon exec). An autoexec.cfg file in your cfg directory might work as well, but I can't say for sure.
Old 06-15-2016 , 13:11   Re: Questions for Sourcemod on TF2 Listen server
Reply With Quote #5

Thank you Wulfy i try that metod