Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Galileo v5.9.1-925 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2018-07-16

Post New Thread Reply   

vitorrossi
Old 06-10-2016 , 14:08   Re: Galileo v2.6 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 09.04.2016
Reply With Quote #231

No, I had my configurations all messed up.
On a related note, would it be possible to add CVAR control to the number of the options on the menu, i.e. instead of always 1,2,3... if that could be changed to 5,6,7.. or any other combination.
The reason I ask is because players tend to press slots 1-4 often trying to change weapons, and a lot of the time people vote without meaning to.
I'm looking through the code and it seems that it might be tricky, but you are a lot more familiar with this code than me.
Thank you

Last edited by vitorrossi; 06-10-2016 at 14:25.
addons_zz
Veteran Member
Old 06-10-2016 , 18:50   Re: Galileo v2.6 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 09.04.2016
Reply With Quote #232

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitorrossi View Post
No, I had my configurations all messed up.
On a related note, would it be possible to add CVAR control to the number of the options on the menu, i.e. instead of always 1,2,3... if that could be changed to 5,6,7.. or any other combination.
The reason I ask is because players tend to press slots 1-4 often trying to change weapons, and a lot of the time people vote without meaning to.
I'm looking through the code and it seems that it might be tricky, but you are a lot more familiar with this code than me.
Thank you
Yes, i could do this more easily but I already implemented another features which I like most than shift the voting number from 1, 2, 3 to 6, 7, 8.

They are the cvars:
Code:
// Indicates whether there should be asked to the players if they want to // participate the map vote to decide what the next map will be. // 0 - disabled this feature // 1 - enable this feature gal_endofmapvote_ask 1
When using that feature, the players will be asked if they want to vote. They need to press 6 for yes and 0 for no. So they cannot press the wrong key.

Also, there is a new option:
Code:
// How the 'None' option should behavior when it is active. // 0 - Hide after the user voted on some option. // 1 - Always keep showing // 2 - Convert it to 'Cancel Last Vote' option, to allow only 'one time cancel' vote opportunity. gal_vote_show_none_type 2
Then, when you vote on the wrong option because you pressed the wrong key, you just need to press 0 and your vote will be undone, hence you can vote again. (You can undo your vote only one time).

Even with all that, you still thinking it is necessary to shift the voting numbers from 1, 2, 3 to 6, 7, 8? Can I add that, into the to do list?

But if you want to do it yourself, I suggest to clone the github repository and to work and the develop branch pulling updates, because they received more code fix and has the reading more improved than the last stable release. I think that to implement it on the code, you need to change the keys registration and its interpretation. Look into 'vote_handleChoice(2)' and 'vote_display(1)'. [the number 2 and 1 means a function which receive 2 and 1 parameters].

Support me on Patreon, Ko-fi, Liberapay or Open Collective

Last edited by addons_zz; 06-14-2016 at 21:32.
vitorrossi
Old 06-11-2016 , 15:51   Re: Galileo v2.6 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 09.04.2016
Reply With Quote #233

Configuring as you mentioned seems to have kind of the same effect, I guess it's just preference after that. I will likely use these configurations instead of attempting to change the code. Thank you.
addons_zz
Veteran Member
Old 06-11-2016 , 15:55   Re: Galileo v2.6 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 09.04.2016
Reply With Quote #234

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitorrossi View Post
Configuring as you mentioned seems to have kind of the same effect, I guess it's just preference after that. I will likely use these configurations instead of attempting to change the code. Thank you.
You are welcome. And about these settings, I think they advantage against shifting the number, is that you can keep a vote within more maps as you still have all the keys available.

gabuch2
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-13-2016 , 12:30   Re: Galileo v2.6 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 09.04.2016
Reply With Quote #235

Hello addons_zz

I have some suggestions for the "recent maps" feature.

Is it possible to increase the recent maps limit? Currently the limit is 16 maps.
Also, there's no check when adding maps to the recent map list, if a map is played twice, it will be added two times in the list. And if a map doesn't belong in the mapcycle, it will be added to the recent map list anyway.

Thanks in advance.
Old 06-13-2016 , 12:46   Re: Galileo v2.6 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 09.04.2016
Reply With Quote #236

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shattered Heart Lynx View Post
Hello addons_zz

I have some suggestions for the "recent maps" feature.

Is it possible to increase the recent maps limit? Currently the limit is 16 maps.
Also, there's no check when adding maps to the recent map list, if a map is played twice, it will be added two times in the list. And if a map doesn't belong in the mapcycle, it will be added to the recent map list anyway.

Thanks in advance.
Hi Shattered Heart Lynx,

Sure, I added it to the TODO list. On the next version this will be fixed and that will be unlimited. For now, I think you can change the constant:
Code:
#define MAX_RECENT_MAP_COUNT 16
Without any problems.

******************************** TODO Go to top *********************************
Spoiler

Last edited by addons_zz; 06-13-2016 at 12:47.
Godofwar
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-17-2016 , 09:35   Re: Galileo v2.6 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 09.04.2016
Reply With Quote #237

can anyone pls tell me where and which thing i can change the Nominate of players needed... i want that Plugin need 15 players to start the mapvote... This file is so big :S

other problem is that the plugin give me maps for votemap what is not addded in my maps.ini file -- how and why??? Plugin crashed my SV when Map is not in the maps.ini :S
addons_zz
Veteran Member
Old 06-17-2016 , 10:53   Re: Galileo v2.6 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 09.04.2016
Reply With Quote #238

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godofwar View Post
can anyone pls tell me where and which thing i can change the Nominate of players needed... i want that Plugin need 15 players to start the mapvote... This file is so big :S
See the cvars 'gal_rtv_ratio' on the config file.

Quote:
other problem is that the plugin give me maps for votemap what is not addded in my maps.ini file -- how and why??? Plugin crashed my SV when Map is not in the maps.ini :S
This plugin ignores the 'AMXX' maps.ini, it reads your 'mapcyclefile' cvar by default, so, change your server cvar 'mapcyclefile' to your 'maps.ini'. It is usually:
Code:
mapcyclefile "addons/amxmodx/configs/maps.ini"
See also these cvars on the galileo config file, for control the nominations map list, etc:
Code:
gal_vote_mapfile gal_vote_minplayers_mapfile gal_nom_mapfile gal_emptyserver_mapfile

If this config file is too big, you can replace yours with this default one.

Quote:
It crashed you server?
Install this version (only needed the new galileo.amxx compiled file): https://github.com/addonszz/Galileo/archive/develop.zip

And send me by PM, or post here the file '_galileo.log' at the folder 'addons/amxmodx/logs'.
The file '_galileo.log' will be created after you run the version I am sending here.
The file '_galileo.log' will be very helpful to find out why it is not working.
You current version is not creating the file '_galileo.log', only the version I am sending here on the above link has it.

Last edited by addons_zz; 06-17-2016 at 10:56. Reason: update
Agression Terrpr
Old 06-20-2016 , 18:18   Re: Galileo v2.6 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 09.04.2016
Reply With Quote #239

How to change Client's Commands ?
Send a message via Skype™ to Agression Terrpr
addons_zz
Veteran Member
Old 06-20-2016 , 18:24   Re: Galileo v2.6 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 09.04.2016
Reply With Quote #240

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agression Terrpr View Post
How to change Client's Commands ?
Such thing depends on what command do you want to change and how/what you want to change.

Look into these lines for the cmd_say handler:
https://github.com/addonszz/Galileo/blob/713b7ee9702482c815d0ea96b2d1c0fde78bb438/scripting/galileo.sma#L2449-L2574

Also search for 'register_clcmd' for other commands.

Last edited by addons_zz; 06-20-2016 at 18:26. Reason: misspellings