Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Anti-Silent Plant - v1.5 - 2006-05-23

Post New Thread Reply   

yumi
Old 05-08-2006 , 11:39  
Reply With Quote #11

I'll be adding it also and will reply with feedback.
Send a message via AIM to yumi
SubStream
Veteran Member
Old 05-08-2006 , 13:46  
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by yumi
I'll be adding it also and will reply with feedback.
Good feedback is always nice.
VEN
Veteran Member
Old 05-08-2006 , 14:01  
Reply With Quote #13

You should use only fakemeta.
SubStream
Veteran Member
Old 05-08-2006 , 14:24  
Reply With Quote #14

Good suggestion didn't think about using the engfunc until you just said to do that. Working on it now.

BTW.. just wondering VEN.. does FakeMeta read quicker or is it just more efficient to use one module??
VEN
Veteran Member
Old 05-08-2006 , 14:32  
Reply With Quote #15

The main point IS why use 2 modules if it's possible dont use 2nd.
And for more explanations (fakemeta vs engine) you can read forums and amxxwiki.
SweatyBanana
BANNED
Old 05-08-2006 , 14:52  
Reply With Quote #16

You said that it was good to use in cal matches, but it is illegal to have amxx on durring a match
Send a message via AIM to SweatyBanana Send a message via Yahoo to SweatyBanana
SubStream
Veteran Member
Old 05-08-2006 , 15:20  
Reply With Quote #17

Oh no of course not. I don't recall saying to actually use it during an OFFICIAL match or anything... I recommend using it all the time .. but in official CAL matches no mods are permitted (including AMX Mod X)

Edit: VEN I'm havin a bit of a problem getting fakemeta to work the exact same as engine... I posted in scripting help if you don't mind looking.

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=28157

Edit: Well Brad and Suzuka said its not a big deal but if I do learn how to fix the problem I had there using fakemeta and learn what I was doing wrong then I will fully use only fakemeta. Works fine with engine and fakemeta right now though so its all gravy.
VEN
Veteran Member
Old 05-09-2006 , 04:59  
Reply With Quote #18

They told you about engine vs FM, while your plugin already used FM so it's not the case because engine can't hook emitsound anyway. So FM main module here and engine may be easily "dropped".

You can improve efficiency of your plugin. When bomb is planted you always do an operation for all emitted sounds: containi inside loop. To filter out non-bomb sounds check if entity which emits sound is the planted C4, if check result is false quit function before entering to the loop.
By the way i don't undestand why there are containi if you have an exact sound filenames.

Also i don't really think you should remove and recreate your entity every time. Origin's change should be enough for such purpose.

While the main problem of you plugin is the "double sounding". When bomb isn't "silent" you emit your sound too. However i have a solution. When bomb is planted (if it's on ground) check content of every upper corner of the C4 entity and if at least one corner is in the solid area emit your additional sound.
SubStream
Veteran Member
Old 05-09-2006 , 12:57  
Reply With Quote #19

I tried to figure out how to detect if the corner was in the solid area but I was not successful because it detect the ground that it was resting on as touching it and I couldn't figure out how to distinguish between the two.

I remove it because I don't like the idea of having an entity exist that isn't doing anything and if another plugin is using the c4 sounds then the entity would emit the sound from the origin if it wasn't removed. I use containi because some servers do not have all sound files case sensitive (don't know why but I've seen this before). For example instead of sound.wav they have SounD.wav. I don't know why they modified it or if its because of the company they were with but when configuring other people's servers I have seen this before. That is why I didn't want it to be case sensitive.

I did however get it to work with only fakemeta and engine is now unnecessary to run this plugin!! TY for your help there! I definetly learned a few things about FM by doing this. Thanx a bunch VEN!
VEN
Veteran Member
Old 05-09-2006 , 15:28  
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:
I tried to figure out how to detect if the corner was in the solid area but I was not successful because it detect the ground that it was resting on as touching it and I couldn't figure out how to distinguish between the two.
That's why i said "every upper corner".

Quote:
I remove it because I don't like the idea of having an entity exist that isn't doing anything and if another plugin is using the c4 sounds then the entity would emit the sound from the origin if it wasn't removed.
You entity may be used at the same chance as mine entity in my plugin. I really don't understand.

Quote:
I use containi because some servers do not have all sound files case sensitive
I mean if you have exact filenames why don't you use equali?