The game begins with a countdown: Counter-Terrorists, the seekers, are blinded and cannot move. During this time Terrorists, the hiders,
choose a world model and try to hide themselves amongst the rubble of de_dust2 the map being played.
Once the countdown is over, the seekers try to find and kill the hiders. Much like regular old hide and seek from our youth,
if not for all the ungodly transforming into toilets and murdering.
Although this plugin has essentially been written from scratch, many snippets originate from the Hide and Seek plugin
written (and abandoned) by SelaX
- /rules - Show instructions on how to play.
- /hide /prop /model - Opens a menu with different models to choose as a hider.
- /tp /third /thirdperson - Toggles thirdperson view for hiders
- /whistle - Plays a random sound from the hider's position to give the seekers a hint.
- /whoami - Displays the current model description in chat.
- /freeze - Toggles freezed state for hiders.
- /ct - Requests a switch to the seeking side.
- ph_freezects - Freeze and blind seekers on round start
- ph_freezetime - Amount of time the seekers are freezed
- ph_changelimit - Number of times a hider is allowed to change his model
- ph_changelimittime - Amount of time a hider is allowed to change his model
- ph_autochoose - Choose random models for hiders at round start
- ph_whistle - Allow hiders to whistle
- ph_whistle_times - Number of times a hider is allowed to whistle (per round)
- ph_whistle_seeker - Allow seekers to enforce hiders to whistle
- ph_hider_win_fargs - Number of kills surviving hiders receive on round end
- ph_slay_seekers - Slay all seekers on round end if alive hiders remain
- ph_hp_seeker_enable - Seekers lose damage when firing anything not-hider
- ph_hp_seeker_dec - Amount of hp a seeker loses on shooting
- ph_hp_seeker_inc - Amount of hp a seeker gains when shooting a hider
- ph_hp_seeker_inc_shotgun - Amount of hp a seeker gains when shooting a hider with a shotgun
- ph_hp_seeker_bonus - Amount of hp a seeker gains when killing a hider
- ph_hiderspeed - Hiders' movement speed
- ph_disable_ducking - Disable ducking (crouching)
- ph_auto_thirdperson - Set thirdperson view for hiders automatically on round start
- ph_hider_freeze_mode - Set the /freeze command behaviour
- ph_hide_blood - Hide hiders' blood when taking damage
- ph_show_help - Show helpmenu explaining the game on first player spawn
- ph_ct_ratio - The ratio of hiders to 1 seeker
- ph_disable_use - Disable seekers' use key
- ph_hider_freeze_inair - Allow hiders to freeze in the air
- ph_hide_player_locations - Hide location shown next to a player's name on voice chat and teamsay
- ph_auto_freeze_time - Amount of time after which stationary players should freeze automatically. 0 disables automatic freezing
- ph_guaranteed_ct_turns - Number of turns after which seekers might be switched to the hiders' side
- ph_knifespeed - Running speed when holding a knife (multiplier)
- ph_limitspec - Restrict spectating - 0: Anyone, 1: Own team only, 2: CT only
- ph_include_default_models - 0: Include default model list when one for current map doesn't exist, 1: Always include default model list
- ph_force_periodic_whistle - Periodically, every x seconds, force a random hider to whistle - 0: disable periodic whistles.
- ph_periodic_whistle_delay - Number of seconds for the first periodic whistle, if they are enabled.
- ph_turns_to_scramble - Scramble teams every x turns. 0: disable scrambling. Disables the /ct command if enabled.
See the project's GitHub pages for source code and further information on cvars, installation, configuring model lists and whistles, and compiling from source!
- Version 184.108.40.206
- Fixed CTs not being unfreezed.
- Fixed scoring and winner announcement.
- Fixed some teambalancing issues.
- Fixed some issues with periodic whistles.
- New phrases in the translation file.
- Version 1.0.5
- Quick fixes from last release.
- New cvar: ph_turns_to_scramble
- Version 1.0.4
- Fixed teambalancing issues.
- Fixed team scoring when terrorists win by time.
- Fixed terrorist frags resetting on round start when they win by time.
- New cvar: ph_force_periodic_whistle
- New cvar: ph_periodic_whistle_delay
- Version 220.127.116.11
- Fixed players being invisible after switching from the hiding team to the seeking one.
- Version 1.0.3
- Introduced includes to model lists. Further information in the Configuring model lists section on the project's GitHub pages.
- New cvar: ph_include_default_models
- Version 1.0.2
- Fixed hiders not dying.
- New cvar: ph_limitspec - Restrict spectating to: Anyone (0), own team (1) or CT (2).
- Version 1.0.1
- Configurable whistles - see project's GitHub pages for further info.
- Modified the addons/sourcemod/configs folder structure.
- Version 1.0
The plugin is in its early stages, so problems are prone to surface. I accept all the help I can get!
- Add a cooldown option for whistling, so that spamming it can be prevented.
- Add an option to make the prop selection menu not disappear after selecting a model.
- Make it possible to disable crouching only for the hiders (can't disable only for seekers, since hiders would be able to hide in places the seekers wouldn't be able to go)