Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[TF2] Model Manager 1.0.4 (08/03/2013)

Post New Thread Reply   

WakaFlocka
Old 05-25-2015 , 21:42   Re: [TF2] Model Manager 1.0.4 (08/03/2013)
Reply With Quote #1121

No animation when following this https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...1&postcount=98 exactly step by step
StormishJustice
Old 05-29-2015 , 11:38   Re: [TF2] Model Manager 1.0.4 (08/03/2013)
Reply With Quote #1122

Good plugin, well-made and useful.

Also if anyone makes dep files so models can be downloaded, you no longer need to do that now.. you only need Downloads plugin and go to the download_simple config and type this
"models
materials" (ignore the ")

this method allows users to download EVERYTHING in the model and material folder, you can also add sound if you have custom sounds for the custom model..

go to server.cfg and type in this:
sm_downloads_simple 1
sm_downloads_normal 0 (or something but the number should be 0)

This method STILL needs you to rename the model filenames to a custom one, DO NOT TOUCH THE PLAYER or the TEXTURE FILENAMES, only rename the model filenames except the materials, IF IT'S A CUSTOM MODEL WITH DIFFERENT TEXTURES THAT DOESN'T REPLACE THE ORIGINAL, then yes... it will work..
still if it's a model with CUSTOM TEXTURES that is only a reskin and just texture changing, hexing is needed..
model filenames will still be renamed, an example: pyro.mdl -----> fempyro.mdl
it means rename anything that is renamed pyro (except the materials, just the model filenames) into fempyro if the model is a fempyro and done.. (sorry for copypasting tho)

P.S: Typed that because i thought that would help people allow to download models without having to make ".dep" files, you can report this post if you want to.
Old 06-19-2015 , 17:30   Re: [TF2] Model Manager 1.0.4 (08/03/2013)
Reply With Quote #1123

Hey guys, I may just be an idiot but wondering:

Will this plugin change the collision meshes of the player if the player uses a large or small model? For my purposes I'd like it to not change them.
UB VinylScratch
Old 06-25-2015 , 17:06   Re: [TF2] Model Manager 1.0.4 (08/03/2013)
Reply With Quote #1124

@FlaminSarge

What flag would I have to set so that I can alter a players health when you equip a specific model?

Example:

(Without equipping a specific custom model)

Heavy: Has 300 health (Full Health) when you spawn

(With a specific custom model equipped)

Heavy: Health Becomes 100 (Full Health) instead of 300
---------------------------------------------------------------
Next, is there a way to disable a single taunt animation for having a model equipped? Like, say the Heavy has a sandvich and you want to block the animation when he's eating it. Other than hiding weapons for the models.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Finally, is there a way to make a custom model hide its ragdoll after you kill a player and their model still shows up?

Last edited by UB VinylScratch; 06-25-2015 at 19:57.
FlaminSarge
Veteran Member
Old 07-02-2015 , 07:38   Re: [TF2] Model Manager 1.0.4 (08/03/2013)
Reply With Quote #1125

@UB... those kinda functions are probably better suited to a more advanced plugin.

@tordana for hitscan weapons, this *probably* changes hitboxes. For projectiles, it probably does not.

@Waka I don't know.

@Disrupted that's the server choking up as it's trying to load all the models/configs/etc. It's bad, I know, but the plugin is old and decrepit.

@kana probably suited for a more complex plugin

@404 not happening, but I went over animation swapping somewhere else, and how you can swap the line "sniper_animations.mdl" for "scout_animations.mdl" in the sniper.mdl file using a hex editor (since they're different sizes, you'll have to change some other things to make it work, but I laid it all out on SPUF at some point somewhere).

All plugins: Randomizer/GiveWeapon, ModelManager, etc.
Post in plugin threads with questions.
Steam is for playing games.
You will be fed to javalia otherwise.
Psyduck likes replays.
The Nightfish
Old 08-04-2015 , 14:06   Re: [TF2] Model Manager 1.0.4 (08/03/2013)
Reply With Quote #1126

Do custom taunts and models work without fastdl?
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...1&postcount=98 this tutorial works for taunts too? Thanks

Last edited by The Nightfish; 08-04-2015 at 14:07.
RavensBro
Veteran Member
Old 08-12-2015 , 19:12   Re: [TF2] Model Manager 1.0.4 (08/03/2013)
Reply With Quote #1127

is anyone else have this problem with this plugin. I set it to force custom to player and it use to work but not I got to do the command to set the model as in !mm any thoughts?
Snowie
Old 08-14-2015 , 04:48   Re: [TF2] Model Manager 1.0.4 (08/03/2013)
Reply With Quote #1128

So I originally made this plugin for VIP only. adding a flag specific to VIP, I allowed anyone with that flag to do the commands. However, I have since then changed the flag to admin only and now am faced with the issue that I can not remove the already set skins from the VIP members who used the command before I restricted access. I understand there is a tf_models_remove (player name) command however apparently as reported by my admins, it only works till they respawn. I am also getting reports that random non VIP members who never even had access to this command are now randomly getting their model changed.

I understand that the skins stay as you rejoin the server which makes me think that the plugin runs through a sqlite database however I can not find a sqlite file related to the model manager plugin to remove. Is there any way I can remove everyone's skins in 1 go?

-Snowie ;D
Send a message via Skype™ to Snowie
Old 09-06-2015 , 05:02   Re: [TF2] Model Manager 1.0.4 (08/03/2013)
Reply With Quote #1129

I have no idea how to hex a different animation path for custom taunts, anyone?
Old 09-10-2015 , 22:12   Re: [TF2] Model Manager
Reply With Quote #1130

Quote:
[B]Model packs for use with this plugin:
URL="https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9948007/custom_model_packs/medic_popit_taunt.zip"]Medic and Heavy: Pop It, Don't Drop It URL="https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9948007/custom_model_packs/medic_popit_taunt.zip"] and Crotch Chop taunts
Accidentally posted the same URL twice?

Last edited by Hefal; 09-10-2015 at 22:14.