Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[CS:GO] WarMod [BFG] <22.09.26.1915, 26-Sept-2022>

Post New Thread Reply   

walkerjb
Old 08-24-2015 , 18:12   Re: [CS:GO] WarMod [BFG] <Beta v0.5.6.2, 20-Aug-2015>
Reply With Quote #961

About MySQL data posting, can you also make it post live match info to DB so anyone can show live data of matches on their websites? That would be a great feature for tournaments.

Last edited by walkerjb; 08-24-2015 at 18:13.
Dawg69
Old 08-26-2015 , 11:03   Re: [CS:GO] WarMod [BFG] <Beta v0.5.6.2, 20-Aug-2015>
Reply With Quote #962

Hello,

First of all thank you for porting this great plugin!
I would really love to use it in the long term, but there are some issues:

- I had to set the chmod of the whole csgo folder to 744 to make it run. ( otherwise it would throw an error, something with read write line )

- My "wm_max_rounds" is set to 10 and overtime is enabled, but the match is still ending at 5 / 5 scores.

- I am using workshop maps only and i dont want to change the map after the match. I changed maps.txt, mapcycle.txt and gamemodes.txt and it still changes to dust, office or something similar after a match.

I just want to kick players after a match, stay on the same map and maybe veto another one if new players are connected. ( 1 vs 1 )

I think i'm just confused with all these *.cfg files.

Here's my "on_map_load.cfg":

http://pastebin.com/bxghQmgq

Ruleset default:

http://pastebin.com/6Gv2NUTh

My other rulesets are similar to the default one.
Can someone tell me how to set them up properly?

One last thing, i built a web panel for managing the server, using queries and hopefully WarMod. Is there a way to fetch the winner after a match and store it?

I'd really appreciate some help, thank you!

greetings

Last edited by Dawg69; 08-26-2015 at 11:03.
Hunter6272
Old 08-26-2015 , 18:25   Re: [CS:GO] WarMod [BFG] <Beta v0.5.6.2, 20-Aug-2015>
Reply With Quote #963

Is there a way to start veto directly with a command by admin?
Veteran Member
Old 08-26-2015 , 19:19   Re: [CS:GO] WarMod [BFG] <Beta v0.5.6.2, 20-Aug-2015>
Reply With Quote #964

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkerjb View Post
About MySQL data posting, can you also make it post live match info to DB so anyone can show live data of matches on their websites? That would be a great feature for tournaments.
Doing some work on this at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg69 View Post
- My "wm_max_rounds" is set to 10 and overtime is enabled, but the match is still ending at 5 / 5 scores.
wm_max_rounds isn't a command anymore. You need to set mp_maxrounds. If you want them to win when they reach 10 round wins you will need to set it like this:
mp_maxrounds 18
mp_match_can_clinch 1

Quote:
- I am using workshop maps only and i dont want to change the map after the match. I changed maps.txt, mapcycle.txt and gamemodes.txt and it still changes to dust, office or something similar after a match.
mp_match_end_restart 1
this will stop it from changing maps unless veto bo2,3,5

Quote:
I just want to kick players after a match, stay on the same map and maybe veto another one if new players are connected. ( 1 vs 1 )
currently veto is only called either via admin or players

Quote:
My other rulesets are similar to the default one.
Can someone tell me how to set them up properly?
you are doubling up a lot of the command in those configs. The ESL 1v1 CONFIG part should be in your gamemode_competitive_server.cfg
and all but the game settings should be in the ruleset_global.cfg

Quote:
One last thing, i built a web panel for managing the server, using queries and hopefully WarMod. Is there a way to fetch the winner after a match and store it?
There is a SQL upload of match results

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter6272 View Post
Is there a way to start veto directly with a command by admin?
both teams can type !veto and it will work. Doesn't need to be from admin. As long as wm_veto is set to 1 and above
Old 08-26-2015 , 20:14   Re: [CS:GO] WarMod [BFG] <Beta v0.5.6.2, 20-Aug-2015>
Reply With Quote #965

Quote:
I personally didn't like having to wait for uploaded results from warmod as A LOT can go wrong if you're running just warmod like myself.

Most PHP/Node frameworks will come with some sort of timer or scheduler library.

What I did was setup a cron job to run every minute that would simply loop through every one of my servers, connect using some RCON lib, run the "score" command that Warmod actually provides. And split the string received to check for certain things. E.G. Match is not in progress, or Match is live.

He also recently added the display of the previous matches scores to the command which turns out really useful for checking if a match has actually ended instead of checking the results table.

If you're using PHP and have over 10 servers I suggest writing it in JS and having the cron job just run the file as PHP starts to fall behind when you start to open a lot of sockets/connections quickly (trying to aim for under a minute to loop through them all so it doesn't overlap with the next run time).

If you need any help let me know, I personally love working with Warmod as it's quite interesting basing so many different things off of it.
Dawg69
Old 08-27-2015 , 01:52   Re: [CS:GO] WarMod [BFG] <Beta v0.5.6.2, 20-Aug-2015>
Reply With Quote #966

Thank you @versatile_bfg and @SirNickParks!
Really appreciate your help.

@SirNickParks I have a bigger project going on and its totally OK to wait for WarMod to do its thing, but thank you for your i response, i didn't know about the score command.

Uploading data in a SQL table is just perfect for me.
Hunter6272
Old 08-27-2015 , 02:56   Re: [CS:GO] WarMod [BFG] <Beta v0.5.6.2, 20-Aug-2015>
Reply With Quote #967

I wanted to use a command to force start veto as sometimes both teams have goblocks...
Old 08-27-2015 , 11:15   Re: [CS:GO] WarMod [BFG] <Beta v0.5.6.2, 20-Aug-2015>
Reply With Quote #968

Also, for the MySQL upload thingy, can you also make it upload kills, deaths, assists and mvps? Also another suggestion is since team_logos.txt is a great feature, can you make it get data from mysql database instead of a config file. Basically there would be a table called wm_teams that you could get data from. So it would be easier to change/add/delete teams from the list with a good looking control panel. I made a webpanel for match details (not in English) and furthermore having those features would be perfect. Here is the url: http://team.invictusspies.com/league/matches/details/1

EDIT: Keep up the good work btw It's already great but why not better

EDIT 2: If you add the suggestions above, there is another idea that would be useful. If you make /logo work with wm_teams table, you could post the primary key for team to upload results. So you could have 2 more columns in table wm_results called t_teamid and ct_teamid. They would match with wm_teams so we can get other infos of the teams using the index.

Last edited by walkerjb; 08-27-2015 at 11:29.
mattyc1163
Old 08-27-2015 , 13:46   Re: [CS:GO] WarMod [BFG] <Beta v0.5.6.2, 20-Aug-2015>
Reply With Quote #969

I may have missed something. The plugin works perfectly ingame.

However, I installed the .smx file to the correct location and the folders were created for configs. However there are no .cfg files in the folders, the plugin runs the WarMod config (which I am assuming is close to the standard ESL config) so it must be pulling a config from somewhere (probably direct from smx) There are no configs in the folders for me to tweak settings or change configs.

I did install over FTP to my external server but I would not think that this would mean configs could not generate. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
walkerjb
Old 08-27-2015 , 14:24   Re: [CS:GO] WarMod [BFG] <Beta v0.5.6.2, 20-Aug-2015>
Reply With Quote #970

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyc1163 View Post
I may have missed something. The plugin works perfectly ingame.

However, I installed the .smx file to the correct location and the folders were created for configs. However there are no .cfg files in the folders, the plugin runs the WarMod config (which I am assuming is close to the standard ESL config) so it must be pulling a config from somewhere (probably direct from smx) There are no configs in the folders for me to tweak settings or change configs.

I did install over FTP to my external server but I would not think that this would mean configs could not generate. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
It actually does generate files but it the folder permissions don't allow owner to access somehow.

EDIT: Also, wm_players table is bugged. The players don't match with teams.

Last edited by walkerjb; 08-27-2015 at 15:31.