Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[Guide][CSGO] How to make a jailbreak server

Post New Thread Reply   

Bchewy
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-18-2015 , 05:03   [Guide][CSGO] How to make a jailbreak server
Reply With Quote #1

Hi all! This is a remake of the guide I've done in 2015. I hope this isn't necroing a old post if I'm merely editing it.

In order to make a jailbreak server ; you will require the following :
- A dedicated server/VPS (Linux or windows distribution) ; Centos/Debian/Ubuntu/Fedora. This also works fine with a windows server. [You can always purchase from a reseller, a pre-configured csgo server]
- Some knowledge on how to use linux or windows
- A web server (Apache or Nginx) [FASTDL - this is required if you want to use ANY models at all.]

STEPS (Detailed)

1. Install the required extensions and set your server for CSGO.
Before looking at the lower paragraph, Please note that this tutorial is mostly for linux and not windows. I've linked some windows tutorials on how to set-up your dedicated server below. Once you've done that, Step 2 and onward will be a breeze.

https://developer.valvesoftware.com/...icated_Servers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDL06uZYhM8

This step is a little tricky from what I've done in the past. If you're new to linux and want an easier way to install your servers, I Recommend ;Linux Game Server Manager. LGSM allows you to easily install CSGO onto your linux distro.

If money isn't an object to you, you can purchase GameCP or http://tcadmin.com/ to help you do one-click installs for CSGO.

2. Installation of Sourcemod & MetaMod.

Sourcemod and Metamod are both important and required for installing custom plugins onto your server, as It's the only way you can change your server and configure it to your liking. IF YOU SKIP THIS STEP EVERYTHING ELSE WILL NOT WORK.
Please also take note; that your server has to shut down when installing this.[To prevent any errors]

Download them here :
(NOTE: THEY HAVE LINUX AND WINDOWS VERSIONS;DOWNLOAD THE CORRECT ONES )
- Sourcemod - HERE
- MetaMod - HERE

Once you've downloaded them, Extract their contents into the server's main game directory.IF you still can't get past this step or the one before, This is for you

Commandline settings :

- Custom game mode uses +game_type 3 and +game_mode 0,
- +map '<mapname>' (without <>) [PLEASE make sure you have the map in your server]

My commandline is as follows

Code:
/srcds_run -console -game csgo -usercon +ip youriphere +hostport 27015 -maxplayers_override 32 +game_type 3 +game_mode 0 +map 'yourdefaultjbmap.bsp'

3. Config files

Config files are very important in terms of modding/changing your server to your liking.
  • Server.cfg [This is of utmost importance as It will be what your server runs whenever it is restarted/when it first starts.]
  • Sourcemod Admin Rank/Permissions configs. [This is also fairly important if you wish to assign moderators/admins on the server.]
I will be only going through one of them;As for adding admins/admin config you can read more about it here

You can use this pre-written server.cfg
Code:
hostname "your jailbreak server name!" //Obviously your server's name

rcon_password "yourrconpass" //Rcon stands for remote access to your server; So set a password for remote access
sv_tags "yourservertags" // Any tags to help your server get spotted on the server browser.

//Admin plugin

// Grenade Settings

ammo_grenade_limit_default 4
ammo_grenade_limit_flashbang 2
ammo_grenade_limit_total 1

//JB settings
mp_free_armor 1 					//Armor settings on your server 1= yes 0 =no
mp_weapons_allow_map_placed 1		//Settings for guns to be placed on the map, Please enable this.
mp_forcecamera 0					//Settings for dead players/spectators to roam freely around the map
mp_winlimit 15					//Maximum round for win.
mp_maxrounds 12					//Maximum rounds a map.
mp_autoteambalance 0				// Settings for auto balance; but we won't be using this.
mp_autokick 0					// PLEASE turn this off because of a valve-suicide bug that bans players if they die by world too much.
sv_alltalk 1					//so warden can talk to T's and T's can talk back
sm_advertisements_enabled 1			// part of advertisement plugin
sm_advertisements_interval 20		// - 
mp_timelimit 9999				// I set the timelimit because of the mapcycle bug.

mp_limitteams 100				// Limit the teams so the ratio plugin works
mp_roundtime 9					// Round time for each round
sm_flashlight_lookatweapon 1		// part of flashlight plugin
sm_flashlight_return 1			// - 
aws_alwaysreplace 1				// Part of weapon-skins replaced plugin
sv_airaccelerate 200				// added to make surfing better on certain jailbreak maps.

// Gameplay

sv_full_alltalk "1" 
tv_enable "0"
sv_accelerate 5.6					
sv_allow_lobby_connect_only 0    	
sv_allow_votes 0				
sv_allow_wait_command 0			 
sv_alternateticks 0				 
sv_cheats 0
sv_consistency 0				 
sv_contact [email protected]				

sv_dc_friends_reqd 0			 
sv_deadtalk 1					
sv_forcepreload 0				
sv_friction 4.8					
sv_full_alltalk 1				 
sv_gameinstructor_disable 1		
sv_lan 0
sv_pausable 1
sv_pure 2
sv_pure_kick_clients 0
sv_pure_trace 0					 
sv_voiceenable 1
mp_freezetime 1
mp_round_restart_delay 5				
mp_warmuptime 0					
mp_win_panel_display_time 0	
mp_solid_teammates 0 					
mp_weapons_allow_zeus 1		
mp_halftime 0				
bot_quota "0"					
host_info_show 2
host_players_show 2
// Rates
//sv_maxrate 0
//sv_minrate 80000
//sm_cvar sv_maxcmdrate 128
//sv_mincmdrate 128
//sv_minupdaterate 128
//sm_cvar sv_maxupdaterate 128

// Fast DL FTP 
sv_downloadurl "yourfastdlurl.com"
sv_allowupload "0" 
sv_allowdownload "1"  

log on
sv_log_onefile 0 				// Log server information to only one file.
sv_logbans 1					 // Log server bans in the server logs.
sv_logecho 1					 // Echo log information to the console.
sv_logfile 1					// Log server information in the log file.
sv_logflush 0 					// Flush the log file to disk on each write (slow).
sv_logsdir logfiles

exec banned_user.cfg 
exec banned_ip.cfg
writeid 
writeip
Things to take note of for server.cfg
Please make sure nothing from gamemode-custom.cfg overrides with the above server.cfg, also please remember to set mp_autokick to 0 if not the auto-kicking by dying to world map will start happening and players on your servers will start getting banned by it. I've labelled some of the cvars above to help you into setting up your jailbreak server, you can feel free to play around with it and discuss about it in this thread.

Gamemode_Custom.cfg File
For my gamemode_custom file, I 've deleted everything in there so that all is listed down in server.cfg, My only thing in there is

Code:
bot_quota											0
You can also add bot_quote 0 into your server.cfg, It's your preference and your server. Everything is up to you! [Bots tend to crash the server since the server tends to generate a .nav file if the map doesn't have one.]

4. Setting up basic jailbreak plugins.
The most essential plugin you need for jailbreak is SM_HostiesV2, which can be found: HERE or https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=985294
If you've clicked on the github link;you've noticed that there isn't a .smx. You've to compile it
Please follow the instructions there to install it, Once you've installed it, Remember to edit the following sm_hosties2.cfg

Code:
// Comma delimitted list of items to give to CTs at spawn
// -
// Default: "weapon_knife,weapon_m4a1,weapon_usp"
sm_hosties_ct_start "weapon_knife,weapon_m4a1"
Please change it to remove ,weapon_usp ^^ NOTE : IF YOU DO NOT CHANGE THIS THE SERVER WILL CRASH ONCE YOU HOP ONTO IT. Here is a script of weapon_names Link : HERE

A list of jailbreak and sourcemod plugins will be listed here to help you out!; I won't go through the details on how to install them.. [Just add them into your addons/sourcemod/ folders - May vary for different plugins]
NOTE:Some plugins may not be compatible with each other. eg: MyJailbreak may not work with the warden plugin.

5.FASTDL Server (Webserver)
You'll need this for sure; Read more about it here.

MAPS
As for maps, you can get it over at a few website. A quick google search has shown the following websites.
This is a remake of the guide I made in 2015, I hope this helped you and maybe sparked something in your so you can start your own jb server.

Please add me if you need any assistance;I live to help.

Last edited by Bchewy; 01-09-2017 at 21:34.
Neuro Toxin
Veteran Member
Old 08-18-2015 , 05:59   Re: [Guide][CSGO] How to make a jailbreak server
Reply With Quote #2

Not bad.

Keep up the good work and keep sharing your knowledge.

bacon for you

Last edited by asherkin; 08-19-2015 at 08:32. Reason: Moved thread.
BreeZeVirus
Old 04-06-2016 , 19:18   Re: [Guide][CSGO] How to make a jailbreak server
Reply With Quote #3

Hey can U add me on steam and help me out a little bit more
my steam is http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198294863156/

Hope u get this and help me out!