Suicide Bomber (v1.04)
By Invex | Byte
A fun and rather fitting way to play with the the C4 bomb.
This plugin allows one or more terrorists to use the bomb as a suicide bomb.
They are able to suicide and detonate the bomb, killing or damaging all surrounding enemies.
This plugin was originally created for my combat Surf server as we decided we did not want to have any bomb sites on any of the surf maps. I cleaned up the plugin a little and added some extra configuration options before releasing it. The players seem to enjoy it (blowing up other people, not so much being killed by it).
- Have one or more suicide bombers
- Give VIP players a higher chance of being selected
- If friendly fire is on, teammates can be killed/damaged
- Compatible with common spawn protection plugins
- Plays explosion sound/scream
- Can optionally disable bomb sites while this plugin is active.
- Kills are awarded points by rank systems like gameME.
The player model render code was taken from cREANy0/Fredd's Spawn Protection plugin:
- Compile suicide_bomber.sp (note: this plugin is written in the new SM syntax).
- Copy suicide_bomber.smx and all other plugin files to your server.
- Configure settings by editing /cfg/sourcemod/suicide_bomber.cfg
- In game, when you are picked as the suicide bomber, equip the bomb and press E to go kaboom.
- Come back to this thread and make some suggestions.
//Are bots allowed to be given the bomb (def. 0)
//Enable Suicide Bomber Plugin (0 off, 1 on, def. 1)
// Explosion sound to play when a suicider bomber suicides. (def. "sound/invex_gaming/misc/wtfboom_scream.mp3")
// Amount of blue in suicide bomber player colour. (min. 0, max. 255, def. 0)
// Amount of green in suicide bomber player colour. (min. 0, max. 255, def. 0)
// Amount of red in suicide bomber player colour. (min. 0, max. 255, def. 255)
// Disable bomb sites (0 off, 1 on, def. 1)
// Maximum number of C4 explosives to distribute (def. 1)
// Set this to a non-zero value if you use a spawn protection plugin that colours player models. Leave as 0.0 to autodetect some spawn protection plugins. (min. 0.0, def. 0.0)
"0", //"Enable VIP features. (def. 0)
// VIP flag to give users a higher chance of receiving the bomb. Single letter, lowercase. (def. 'q')
// How many entries (total) do VIP players get when picking suicide bombers (min. 1, def. 3)
Going in for the kills.
Two down, two tagged. What a time to be alive.
- Set the RGB values to all 255 if you want suicide bomber to have no particular colour.
- If you want a custom sound file, simply change sm_suicidebomber_explosion_sound
- If you use a spawn protection plugin that colours player models, set sm_suicidebomber_sptime to the spawn protection duration. Fredd's Spawn Protection/Easy Spawn Protection plugins are autodetected.
- Obviously don't set nonsense values or the plugin won't work.
- Formula for calculating AOE damage is: 200 - (d/2) where d is distance from suicide bomber to target. This seems to be a good formula for calculating the damage.
If you feel like adding another language to the list, let me know!
Total Previous Downloads: