Servers with this Plugin:

Plugin Description:
    Zombie leveling mod
    Old 08-26-2014 , 17:43   Zombie Outline
    Reply With Quote #1

Zombie Outline
    Version: 1.0

Description:
    • This mod is based on the old Zombie Horde mod, but with many more features. The ZH mod gives you a nice co-op environment for annihilating the mass of zombies, while this mod offers you a "smooth story", which is actually a month (31 days) of disaster which combine soldiers have to face. Aside from that, zombies yield experience, so allowing you to level up and increase your health, armor, speed, jump rate and evasion rate. There is a moderate number of different types of zombies, each of them having different stats and giving a different amount of experience when taken down. Every day it is harder and harder for the combine to complete their task as the number of zombies is increasing as well as their strength.
    • The type of the day can either be demolition, survival or epidemic. When soldiers are caught in a demolition day, their taks is to annihilate a certain amount of zombies to complete it. There is no time limit for this. In the survival days, if they stay alive a certain amount of time (without all being dead at the same time), they will proceed to the next day. Epidemic days are similar to demolition days, only then you do not want to get hit by a zombie, as the virus that is spread in the air will hurt you through the wound more than you think it will.
    • Ocasionally (in certain days), combine soldiers have to face motherzombies. In the demolition and epidemic days, they will come right after the number of regular zombies reaches zero, while in survival days they will come at the very beginning, but not required to slay them.
    • This mod works in any way, with only bots on the human side and/or with real players. Terrorist team only contains bots as zombies. I personally haven't tested it with multiple players being on CT side at the same time, but it works quite well while I play it with bots.
    • For a better glimpse on this mod, check this video.

Zombie Outline Commands:
    • /zomenu - Open up the mod menu.
    • /spawn - Spawn if you haven't, but still it is early game.
    • /return - Don't move for 20 seconds (or so) and return to spawn point.
    • /info - Check your information, like level, experience, etc...
    • /zhp - Show zombie health.
    • /zoadmin - Admin menu for this mod.
    • /fspawn <name> - Admin command that forces a player to spawn.
    • /freturn <name> - Admin command that forces a player to return to spawn.
    • /zoday <value> - Admin command to set next day (must be <= 31 and > 0).
    • /zoendday <ct/t> - Admin command to immediately end the day (argument <ct/t> = winner)
    • /zombies <value> - Admin command to set how many zombies are left.
    • /zoaddexp <name> <amount> - Admin command to give a player experience.
    • /zoaddlvl <name> <amount> - Admin command to give a player level.
    • /zoexpboost <value> - Admin command to set the experience boost.

Addon Commands:
    • /weapons - Opets up the weapons menu. [weaponsmenu addon]
    • /ambientson - Turns ambients (background music) on. [ambients addon]
    • /ambientsoff - Turns ambients off. [ambients addon]
    • /quakeon - Turns quake sounds on. [ambients addon]
    • /quakeoff - Turns quake sounds off. [ambients addon]
    • /spree - Check your killing/headshot spree. [ambients addon]
    • /ambients <1/0> - Admin command to toggle ambients across whole server. [ambients addon]
    • /quake <1/0> - Admin command to toggle quake sounds across whole server. [ambients addon]
    • /mapstyle - Admin command to open up the mapstyle menu. [mapstyle addon]

Installation:
    1. Simply download "Zombie Outline v1.0.zip" and extract it to your game directory.
    2. You will need to download all zombie models and other materials from here. Once downloaded, simply extract it to your game directory.

I have uploaded few more addons. They are not necessary to have, but they improve the game experience and kinda add few more dimensions to the mod. If you want them, simply download and extract the "cstrike" folder from each addon (zip) to your game directory.

Addon descriptions:
    • Serverconfigs are in my opinion very useful, as they fix precaching models in case the Zombie Outline doesn't. Also with it, you can do few more configurations such as setting cvars and execing some cfgs on map start (for example) which automates Zombie Outline preperation.
    • Mapstyle is optional. Adds darkness (customizable) to the map and also the ability to change the sky. For this addon, you will have to download skyboxes, and extract them to your game directory.
    • Ambients sure give good background music (from Half-Life). Quake sounds also included. Another optional, but use it (as well as the mapstyle!). ;)
    • Weaponsmenu, optional. Nothing too special, as the name is selfexplainig. In Zombie Outline, the Blackmarket Shop, which is meant for buying weapons (I think), still isn't working as I am not sure how would I want it to be created. So think of weaponsmenu as a temporary replacement. If you want to be hardcore in game, don't use it ;)

Before you start commenting why haven't I put these as seperate plugins in new threads, well, there ARE DEFINITELY better plugins you can find that do the same thing, I have made these only for one sole purpose, and it is for improving Zombie Outline. So, I don't see the point of putting them there.

Configuration:
    • Configuring Zombie Outline goes from "cfg/sourcemod/zo" folder. You actually edit .txt files, not .cfg files! But, if you have just installed the mod, you won't have the .txt files. To generate them, you will have to run the mod once on your server, and after that, close the server and get back. Download the "cfg example for v1.0.zip" for more details.
    • Serverconfigs can be configured from "cfg/sourcemod/serverconfigs.cfg" file. There is almost no need for configuring it. But if you really want to, check the file and uhm... good luck (made this addon for some other reasons, but later found it useful here a bit).
    • Mapstyle can be configured from "cfg/sourcemod/mapstyle.txt" and "cfg/sourcemod/mapstyle.cfg".
    • Ambients can be configured from "cfg/sourcemod/ambients.txt".
    • Weaponsmenu can be configured from "cfg/sourcemod/weaponsmenu.cfg".

How to play:

In order to be able to play, you must create yourself a "workspace" (basically sign yourself in the mod database, so your progress can be saved and similar). Nothing too chumpy, all you have to do is in the mod menu (default "/zomenu"), select the "Configuration" option and you will see "Create Workspace". Select it and you are ready to go!
    There are plenty of reasons why I didn't automate this. Debugging is the first and most important, but it is a long and boring story, so I will skip it.

Known glitches:
    • Sometimes "/spawn" command won't let you spawn, even though you are sure you can. Just use that command few more times, or wait few seconds and then use it, and it should work.
    • It is not a glitch, but there are 2 more commands: client "/debug" and admin "/allowdebug <name>". There is no point of using them (so far), just wanned to let you know that they exist too.

If you have any questions, problems or anything else, leave a reply here or a comment on the youtube video.
    Attached Files
    File Type: zip cfg example for v1.0.zip (11.2 KB, 414 views)
    File Type: zip sm_serverconfigs.zip (12.7 KB, 437 views)
    File Type: zip sm_mapstyle.zip (9.4 KB, 396 views)
    File Type: zip sm_ambients.zip (606.8 KB, 482 views)
    File Type: zip sm_weaponsmenu.zip (13.2 KB, 443 views)
    File Type: zip Zombie Outline v1.0.zip (96.6 KB, 493 views)
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (zombie_outline.sp - 479 views - 9.9 KB)

Last edited by VlaxSRB; 12-03-2014 at 14:27. Reason: Fix for downloading mod files.
    Choco
    Old 11-15-2014 , 07:47   Re: Zombie Outline
    Reply With Quote #2

Everything is seems to be working apart from the downloading of the server files, for some reason it downloads them into the cstrike directory and no further

VlaxSRB
    Old 11-19-2014 , 12:30   Re: Zombie Outline
    Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Choco View Post
    Everything is seems to be working apart from the downloading of the server files, for some reason it downloads them into the cstrike directory and no further
    I'm not sure if I understood it correctly, but when clients connect to your server, they don't download everything? If that is the case, check if you have set the serverconfigs properly.. It should fix the problem. Sorry for late response..
    Choco
    Old 11-25-2014 , 04:28   Re: Zombie Outline
    Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
    Originally Posted by VlaxSRB View Post
    I'm not sure if I understood it correctly, but when clients connect to your server, they don't download everything? If that is the case, check if you have set the serverconfigs properly.. It should fix the problem. Sorry for late response..
    For example:

Usually it should download models/player/slow/zombie_package/slow_1.vvd

But its downloading like vvd/slow_1.vvd

VlaxSRB
    Old 12-03-2014 , 14:34   Re: Zombie Outline
    Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Choco View Post
    For example:

Usually it should download models/player/slow/zombie_package/slow_1.vvd

But its downloading like vvd/slow_1.vvd
    Yes, I was able to find the error and correct it. Thanks for pointing it out, and again sorry for late response. All you need to do is download the bare mod file (Zombie Outline v1.0.zip) and extract it back to your game directory to apply the fix. Rest should be fine. Keep me informed if something goes wrong again, I will respond as soon as I can.
    Mester Skunk
    Old 08-05-2015 , 14:38   Re: Zombie Outline
    Reply With Quote #6

Hi,

I would like to give an idea, for a CSS / CS:GO server.

It's a zombie riot mod, where the object of the server is a bit different.

There is a portal, an the object for the humans, is to open the portal. Before they do this, they need to collect ammo, guns (Which is ransom spawned in the map) Before the portal is opened, there will be some zombies, but not so many. When the humans open the portal, they will have to survive for 5 min. before they have to be in the portal, and then win - you only win, if minimum 1 player is in the portal - when the portal is opened, there wil spawn more zombies + one random zombie boss - the zombies will get faster, stronger and do more damage, the closer to finish it is. The players are able to kill the boss, but it is not necessary for them to do so. They will be using !zprops, so they can spawn boxes, and so on + a torrent, that can kill the zombies - the torrent will dysfunction after time (The same torrent, as used in Half-life 2)

Her is a more detailed description

It is a zombie mod - inspired by Zriot. The object is simply different than in Zriot. In Zriot, it goes from Day to Day, after you have killed a speciel amount of zombies. In this mod, there are no Days. There is a portal, witch is the object. CT team (The humans) have to do 3. things. 1. collect ammo and weapons (Spawned randomly around the map), and then open the portal 2. Survieve in an amount of time (My idea is 5 min.) 3. be in the portal, as it closes. You could say the portal is a teleporter, and it needs to charge for 5 min. If you are not in the teleporter, you die. If there are 1 (or more) CT's in the portal, as it closes, the CT's win. About the zombies. There are an amount of Zombies, to start with, before the portal is opend. When the portal is opened, the amount of Zombies will increase. The zombies wil also do more damage, walk faster and have lower gravity. All these things (Amount, HP, speed, damage and gravity) will increase over the 5 mins the CT's have to survive. Thereby, it becomes harder and harder. There wil also be a zombie boss. A randomly chossen one. The boss will apear, as soon as the portal has opened. It is possible for the CT's to kill the boss, but it is not the object. In other words, it dosen't change anything, when the boss dies, exept there no more are a boss.

I realise that this is a giant plugin, and that it would take time! But if any of you, would like to do this, add me on steam (Mester Skunk - højt på strå) Or post here / write a private message.

Sorry for bad English, i am Danish, and i am dyslexic, so it is a bit hard

Thanks for your time,
    Best regards,
    Mester Skunk - højt på strå
    Old 08-25-2015 , 14:29   Re: Zombie Outline
    Reply With Quote #7

I have a question about this plugin. Should I install Zombie Outline to a fresh CSS or will it inter-fear with other plugins i.e like the ZHR 1.7 plugin? I did remove ZHR smx and its Cfg before launching ZO.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

VlaxSRB I installed Your plugin just to test it out and this is whats i'm finding.

1. When the round starts using the standard De_Dust map I choose to be a Ct. However, for some reason i only seem to be in Spectate mode. I did the "/zomenu and configuration to get a workspace and even tried the "/spawn" command but still only in spectate mode.

2. I disconnected restarted the game and was only able to join and play as a Ct 1 time untill a zom killed me. then I could only spectate again.
    3.The only good news a have is that I saw the different zom types in the game and they seem to be playing ok.

4. I did not try to get the Quake sounds to work due to the "only spectate problem". I can try to make that work after I get ZO to play correctly.

Another question I have is: Are we to use the "Custom" folder for the materials, models, sound and weapons or do we just place the ZO files and the models (that were downloaded from the shared site) just in the Cstrike folder?

The one and only time I was able to play was very nice. it looks like there in only a bug or 2 keeping me from setting up a dedicated server for ZO.

I may have another plugin causing the spectate problem thats why ii'm wondering about conflicts. the "sm list plugins" command shows ZO working, so I think the problem is minor.

P.S. I played the Zombie Horde mod when it 1st came out in the early 2000's before Sourcemod. And I still at times host russy's Zombie Horde Reloaded 1.7 using Sourcemod. I love to have two ZH type games to host.

Thank's for spending some time resurecting the old ZH mod.
    Please help.....DBD

Last edited by Deathrow Bo Dean; 08-25-2015 at 17:15.
    Deathrow Bo Dean
    Old 08-26-2015 , 17:04   Re: Zombie Outline
    Reply With Quote #8

VlaxSRB, I decided to install ZO on a new CSS dedicated server download. I added the latest Metamos and Sourcemod. I installed ZO without any "Custom" folders just like Your file folders are set up. I also added my "server.cfg" and a Sourcemod "Admins simple.ini" file. I fired up the server, went to another computer to connect and !BINGO... ZO works just like You claim.
    -------------------------------------------
    The only problem is the spawning thats flakey as your notes state. However, "/spawn" sorta works but the Admins "/fspawn" seem to always work.
    The "/weapons" for the weaponsmenu also works very well. I love the new Sound effects and the Old School Quake sounds.
    The downlodaed models are SWEET and give the game some nice varriation.
    I must say that ZO is almost perfect replacement for Zombie Horde. Very Nice and Excellent work Dude.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Also,While I was testing ZO I did get a few players to join in on the CT side. I did not have a bind set up for the Admins "/fspawn" and I was still getting accustomed to the interface and was too busy to spawn them then, so they left to game due to the spawn problem.
    The Zoms health is a bit too high and CT players seem to run out of ammo. I installed a Unlimited Ammo plugin and a Unlimited Nade plugin until I can twek the Zoms health down a bit.

P.S. My post above was a bit premature because It was installed on a server with a stale MM and SM with lots of plugins.... DBD

Last edited by Deathrow Bo Dean; 08-26-2015 at 17:08.
    Old 10-17-2015 , 06:37   Re: Zombie Outline
    Reply With Quote #9

L 10/17/2015 - 12:587: SourceMod error session started
    L 10/17/2015 - 12:587: Info (map "de_dust2") (file "errors_20151017.log")
    L 10/17/2015 - 12:587: [SM] Native "ReadDirEntry" reported: Invalid file handle 0 (error 4)
    L 10/17/2015 - 12:587: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "sm_mapstyle.smx":
    L 10/17/2015 - 12:587: [SM] [0] Line 92, sm_mapstyle.sp::CreateSkyMenu()
    L 10/17/2015 - 12:587: [SM] [1] Line 37, sm_mapstyle.sp::CreateMenus()
    L 10/17/2015 - 12:587: [SM] [2] Line 26, sm_mapstyle.sp::OnPluginStart()
    L 10/17/2015 - 12:58:45: [SM] Native "ReadFileLine" reported: invalid handle 0 (error: 4)
    L 10/17/2015 - 12:58:45: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "zombie_outline.smx":
    L 10/17/2015 - 12:58:45: [SM] [0] Line 30, C:\Users\Vladimir\Desktop\sm\Compiler\cstrike \addons\sourcemod\scripting\include\zo/resources.inc::ZO_PrecacheModels()
    L 10/17/2015 - 12:58:45: [SM] [1] Line 65, zombie_outline.sp::OnMapStart()
    L 10/17/2015 - 13:03:24: [SM] Native "IsFakeClient" reported: Client 13 is not connected
    L 10/17/2015 - 13:03:24: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "sm_ambients.smx":
    L 10/17/2015 - 13:03:24: [SM] [0] Line 1194, E:\BESKUDA_ZombieRiot\cstrike\addons\sourcemo d\scripting\sm_ambients.sp::ResetMultikill()
    L 10/17/2015 - 13:03:59: [SM] Native "CloseHandle" reported: Handle 171500bb is invalid (error 1)
    L 10/17/2015 - 13:03:59: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "sm_ambients.smx":
    L 10/17/2015 - 13:03:59: [SM] [0] Line 1092, E:\BESKUDA_ZombieRiot\cstrike\addons\sourcemo d\scripting\sm_ambients.sp::MultikillCounter( )
    L 10/17/2015 - 13:03:59: [SM] [1] Line 1058, E:\BESKUDA_ZombieRiot\cstrike\addons\sourcemo d\scripting\sm_ambients.sp::Event_PlayerDeath ()
    L 10/17/2015 - 13:04:02: [SM] Native "IsFakeClient" reported: Client 9 is not connected
    L 10/17/2015 - 13:04:02: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "sm_ambients.smx":
    L 10/17/2015 - 13:04:02: [SM] [0] Line 1194, E:\BESKUDA_ZombieRiot\cstrike\addons\sourcemo d\scripting\sm_ambients.sp::ResetMultikill()
    L 10/17/2015 - 13:22:50: SourceMod error session started
    L 10/17/2015 - 13:22:50: Info (map "de_dust2") (file "errors_20151017.log")
    L 10/17/2015 - 13:22:50: [SM] Native "ReadDirEntry" reported: Invalid file handle 0 (error 4)
    L 10/17/2015 - 13:22:50: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "sm_mapstyle.smx":
    L 10/17/2015 - 13:22:50: [SM] [0] Line 92, sm_mapstyle.sp::CreateSkyMenu()
    L 10/17/2015 - 13:22:50: [SM] [1] Line 37, sm_mapstyle.sp::CreateMenus()
    L 10/17/2015 - 13:22:50: [SM] [2] Line 26, sm_mapstyle.sp::OnPluginStart()
    L 10/17/2015 - 13:22:55: [SM] Native "ReadFileLine" reported: invalid handle 0 (error: 4)
    L 10/17/2015 - 13:22:55: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "zombie_outline.smx":
    L 10/17/2015 - 13:22:55: [SM] [0] Line 30, C:\Users\Vladimir\Desktop\sm\Compiler\cstrike \addons\sourcemod\scripting\include\zo/resources.inc::ZO_PrecacheModels()
    L 10/17/2015 - 13:22:55: [SM] [1] Line 65, zombie_outline.sp::OnMapStart()
    VlaxSRB
    Old 10-22-2015 , 18:15   Re: Zombie Outline
    Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mester Skunk View Post
    Hi,

I would like to give an idea, for a CSS / CS:GO server.

It's a zombie riot mod, where the object of the server is a bit different.

There is a portal, an the object for the humans, is to open the portal. Before they do this, they need to collect ammo, guns (Which is ransom spawned in the map) Before the portal is opened, there will be some zombies, but not so many. When the humans open the portal, they will have to survive for 5 min. before they have to be in the portal, and then win - you only win, if minimum 1 player is in the portal - when the portal is opened, there wil spawn more zombies + one random zombie boss - the zombies will get faster, stronger and do more damage, the closer to finish it is. The players are able to kill the boss, but it is not necessary for them to do so. They will be using !zprops, so they can spawn boxes, and so on + a torrent, that can kill the zombies - the torrent will dysfunction after time (The same torrent, as used in Half-life 2)

Her is a more detailed description

It is a zombie mod - inspired by Zriot. The object is simply different than in Zriot. In Zriot, it goes from Day to Day, after you have killed a speciel amount of zombies. In this mod, there are no Days. There is a portal, witch is the object. CT team (The humans) have to do 3. things. 1. collect ammo and weapons (Spawned randomly around the map), and then open the portal 2. Survieve in an amount of time (My idea is 5 min.) 3. be in the portal, as it closes. You could say the portal is a teleporter, and it needs to charge for 5 min. If you are not in the teleporter, you die. If there are 1 (or more) CT's in the portal, as it closes, the CT's win. About the zombies. There are an amount of Zombies, to start with, before the portal is opend. When the portal is opened, the amount of Zombies will increase. The zombies wil also do more damage, walk faster and have lower gravity. All these things (Amount, HP, speed, damage and gravity) will increase over the 5 mins the CT's have to survive. Thereby, it becomes harder and harder. There wil also be a zombie boss. A randomly chossen one. The boss will apear, as soon as the portal has opened. It is possible for the CT's to kill the boss, but it is not the object. In other words, it dosen't change anything, when the boss dies, exept there no more are a boss.

I realise that this is a giant plugin, and that it would take time! But if any of you, would like to do this, add me on steam (Mester Skunk - højt på strå) Or post here / write a private message.

Sorry for bad English, i am Danish, and i am dyslexic, so it is a bit hard

Thanks for your time,
    Best regards,
    Mester Skunk - højt på strå

Greetings!

Firstly, SORRY FOR SUCH A LATE RESPONSE! My collage days have started a bit over a month ago (first year), and now I don't have much time to do programming for myself as I had before... Therefore, right now I focus on collage rather than this, unfortunately.. However, if I find time soon, I will see to make a mod as you ask.. It shouldn't take me more than few weeks, but only if I don't have anything else of great importance to do... If it's not late and you still want a mod such as the one you described, only when I find some time, I will try to do so. I can't gaurantee you anything, but if I do get some time, it will be my pleasure ) I'm always open for some new ideas and perspectives