8% 

[TF2] 9/10/2014 Update Crash Issue

Post New Thread Reply   

bobis
Old 09-16-2014 , 07:48   Re: [TF2] 9/10/2014 Update Crash Issue
Reply With Quote #171

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionheart1066 View Post
Most web hosts offer a few MySQL databases as part of their hosting packages, you might want to look into it, setting up a database with a web host should be fairly simple if they provide a control panel to do so, it's only a matter of editing the database.cfg to get it to use that database.
Ok , I finally managed to move to MySQL , with the help of one of my steam friends and now works like a charm , no more lag spikes , really thank you and +kudos to you
friagram
Veteran Member
Old 09-16-2014 , 08:29   Re: [TF2] 9/10/2014 Update Crash Issue
Reply With Quote #172

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post
I know at the moment that either servers or clients are lagging whenever a new player loads and/or changes loadouts (not sure which). This is likely caused by the changes Valve made to weapon loading.
What a lot of game engines do to avoid this is retrieve a snapshot with prioritized information, and then buffer the game world, loading only essential things first. There might be placeholder items that could be always loaded for each class, or a base mesh, and then as the client finishes receiving the world snapshot // client info, it can begin loading in the bloat stuff. This was a big problem in early MMOs, where hundreds of clients would teleport into one location, and clients would either lock up, crash, or perhaps even cause the server to go down.... When you have clients forced to load hundreds (thousands?) of megabytes of material files into video memory and crap with all of these hats and weapons, it's no different.
Munckeyz
Old 10-02-2014 , 06:18   Re: [TF2] 9/10/2014 Update Crash Issue
Reply With Quote #173

My server still won't load... It crashes about 10 seconds after I start it, and it gives a bunch of "Missing Shutdown Error" messages. I updated Metamod, Sourcemod AND the TF2 files and I'm stumped. Help?
ddhoward
Veteran Member
Old 10-02-2014 , 06:35   Re: [TF2] 9/10/2014 Update Crash Issue
Reply With Quote #174

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munckeyz View Post
My server still won't load... It crashes about 10 seconds after I start it, and it gives a bunch of "Missing Shutdown Error" messages. I updated Metamod, Sourcemod AND the TF2 files and I'm stumped. Help?
When you say you "updated" them, are you grabbing the latest SNAPSHOT versions, or the latest RELEASE versions?

Basically, what are the filenames of what you downloaded, is what I'm asking.
Old 10-02-2014 , 06:41   Re: [TF2] 9/10/2014 Update Crash Issue
Reply With Quote #175

I tried the ones in the OP, and the most recent stable ones, neither worked. May I have installed them incorrectly?
ddhoward
Veteran Member
Old 10-02-2014 , 07:11   Re: [TF2] 9/10/2014 Update Crash Issue
Reply With Quote #176

Quote:
I tried the ones in the OP, and the most recent stable ones, neither worked. May I have installed them incorrectly?
Please note that this thread is about a TF2 update that took place 3 weeks ago. The snapshots linked to in the first post are, therefore, three weeks old.

You need the latest snapshots. I do not know if this is already what you have downloaded, as you did not actually answer my final question in my last post.

www.sourcemm.net/snapshots
www.sourcemod.net/snapshots.php

Last edited by ddhoward; 10-02-2014 at 07:13.
Munckeyz
Old 10-02-2014 , 07:23   Re: [TF2] 9/10/2014 Update Crash Issue
Reply With Quote #177

Ok, thank you - it works now. However it still crashes when the map changes, though that's likely another issue. Possibly with the plugins I have enabled.
Otokiru
Old 10-02-2014 , 10:30   Re: [TF2] 9/10/2014 Update Crash Issue
Reply With Quote #178

Quote:
Ok, thank you - it works now. However it still crashes when the map changes, though that's likely another issue. Possibly with the plugins I have enabled.
same, im facing the same issue, mind telling me if u figure out which plugin crashes it? thx~
chendelure
Old 11-16-2014 , 15:14   Re: [TF2] 9/10/2014 Update Crash Issue
Reply With Quote #179

sorry to bump, but I cannot figure out what's wrong with my sourcemod. I've tried every solution in this thread, and I've done a completely clean install of the server, metamod (mmsource-1.11.0-git950-windows), and sourcemod (sourcemod-1.6.3-git4601-windows), and it's still crashing with that huge block of "Missing shutdown" errors.

it was working fine before i attempted to update it (I don't remember what version I was running prior to today), except that admins_simple was broken, so I updated to fix that and now the server doesn't work at all unless i move the addons folder to a place where it won't load.

Last edited by chendelure; 11-16-2014 at 15:14.