Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Impossible problem with VBSP when mapping for Hl2, CSS

Post New Thread Reply   

Andromedaknight
Old 09-26-2014 , 11:25   Impossible problem with VBSP when mapping for Hl2, CSS
Reply With Quote #1

Right then. I am the ONLY PERSON in the ENTIRE WORLD to have this problem..I think.
Compile log:

** Executing...
** Command: "C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Half-Life 2\bin\vbsp.exe"
** Parameters: -game "C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Half-Life 2\hl2" "C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Half-Life 2\hl2\maps\comeback.vmf"

** Executing...
** Command: "C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Half-Life 2\bin\vvis.exe"
** Parameters: -game "C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Half-Life 2\hl2" -fast "C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Half-Life 2\hl2\maps\comeback"

Valve Software - vvis.exe (May 15 2014)
fastvis = true
1 threads
reading c:\program files\steam\steamapps\common\half-life 2\hl2\maps\comeback.bsp
Error opening c:\program files\steam\steamapps\common\half-life 2\hl2\maps\comeback.bsp

** Executing...
** Command: "C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Half-Life 2\bin\vrad.exe"
** Parameters: -game "C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Half-Life 2\hl2" -noextra "C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Half-Life 2\hl2\maps\comeback"

Valve Software - vrad.exe SSE (May 15 2014)

Valve Radiosity Simulator
1 threads
[Reading texlights from 'lights.rad']
[45 texlights parsed from 'lights.rad']

Loading c:\program files\steam\steamapps\common\half-life 2\hl2\maps\comeback.bsp
Error opening c:\program files\steam\steamapps\common\half-life 2\hl2\maps\comeback.bsp

** Executing...
** Command: Copy File
** Parameters: "C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Half-Life 2\hl2\maps\comeback.bsp" "C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Half-Life 2\hl2\maps\comeback.bsp"

VBSP simply refuses to start, mucking up everything after it. Happens with every game except CS:GO. I NEED this to be fixed, and anyone who helps me with this will get my eternal thanks.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 09-26-2014 , 11:54   Re: Impossible problem with VBSP when mapping for Hl2, CSS
Reply With Quote #2

Does this happen with every map you try?

I've heard of instances where Hammer will screw something up in a map and you'll have to start over with a new map unless you have a backup... to the point where map makers tend to make backup copies of their maps with different names semi-frequently.