Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[L4D2] Restore Survivor Death Animations (UPDATED 03-29-2015)

Post New Thread Reply   

Author
DeathChaos25
Plugin ID:
Plugin Version:
Plugin Category:
Gameplay
Plugin Game:
Left 4 Dead
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:

Plugin Description:
    Restores the Death Animations for survivors while fixing the bug where the animation would loop endlessly and the survivors would never die.
    Old 09-02-2014 , 15:27   [L4D2] Restore Survivor Death Animations (UPDATED 03-29-2015)
    Reply With Quote #1

About : This plugin aims to be a simple fix for the bothersome bug where if survivor death animations are enabled, survivors would just endlessly loop through the death animation and never actually die.

How it works :
    The plugin uses the SDK_Hooks OnTakeDamagePost (version 1.0 used player_hurt) event to predict when a player is supposed to die, as enabling death animations make it so a survivor never actually dies at all.

When the plugin finds a situation where the player are expected to die, it creates a timer, this timer is long enough to last the whole death animation, and once the animation ends, the survivor is slayed (via ForcePlayerSuicicide()).

EDIT : As of 1.4, this plugin no longer uses damage detection, as this was causing false positives, and this would either kill clients when they weren't supposed to die, or not kill them when they were supposed to die and leave them stuck in the animation.

Video Demonstration Here

This plugin makes the Survivors Ragdoll upon death by default, however, Ragdoll Deaths can be disabled via the plugin's CVAR

This plugin only applies ragdolls to Death Animations, If you want Ragdoll deaths in almost every possible situation, I suggest downloading Mr.Zero's Restore Ragdolls

This plugin requires l4d_stocks to compile (included in the download).

CVARs :
    Code:
    // Should Survivors turn into Ragdolls upon Death? 0 = Disable Ragdoll Death, 1 = Enable Ragdoll Death
    // -
    // Default: "1"
    // Minimum: "0.000000"
    // Maximum: "1.000000"
    enable_ragdoll_death "1"
    Change Log :
    Code:
    Version 1.0    2014-09-02  (48 Views)
    - Initial Release

Version 1.1    2014-09-05  (7 views)
    - Semi Major code re-write, moved from using a "player_hurt" event hook
      to SDK_Tools OnTakeDamagePost (Huge thanks to Mr.Zero for that)

- Hopefully, there should no longer be any cases were survivors
      endlessly loop through their death animations and never die

Version 1.2     2014-09-10 (218 views)
    - Survivors should no longer able to perform any actions while
       in the middle of their death animations  (except vocalizing under certain circumstances)

Small Update to 1.2 2015-02-23 (40 views)
    - Adjusted the timer so that ragdoll deaths are now always fluent instead of resetting the animation and bouncing off on death at random times

Version 1.4    03-25-2015 (11 views)
     - Complete Plugin Rewrite, this plugin no longer uses shitty damage detection!
     - This plugin will now ALWAYS 100% Guarantee work as intended, this is done by the new check
     - The plugin now instead of predicting when you die, it will instead check for clients
       to see if they are in the dying animation instead, this means now players will only
       die when the game decides it and this thus removes any and all faulty damage detections

Version 1.5   03-29-2015
     - Fixed an issue where survivors that where in the dying animation could still revive incapacitated survivors
        or attempt to heal with a medkit
    To Do List
    Code:
    (Done?) Find a method to stop reading/prevent any/all inputs done by a survivor while in the dying animation.

Implement Scene Processor to block all vocalize commands initiated by a player who's in the Death Animation.
    Bugs :
    Code:
    - THIS PLUGIN IS INCOMPATIBLE WITH UNDO FF! IF UNDO FF IS ON SUVIVOR BOTS ARE CAPABLE OF COMMITING TEAMKILL AND KILL YOU ON ACCIDENT
    Attached Files
    File Type: zip l4d2_death_animations_restore.zip (19.8 KB, 4822 views)

Last edited by DeathChaos25; 03-29-2015 at 19:25.
    id5473
    Old 09-02-2014 , 17:11   Re: [L4D2] Restore Survivor Death Animations
    Reply With Quote #2

[SM] Unable to load plugin "l4d2_death_animations_restore.smx": Native "__FLOAT_GT__" was not found
    OR... maybe i should just update SM ^^
    sorry

Last edited by id5473; 09-02-2014 at 17:17.
    DeathChaos25
    Old 09-02-2014 , 17:26   Re: [L4D2] Restore Survivor Death Animations
    Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
    Originally Posted by id5473 View Post
    [SM] Unable to load plugin "l4d2_death_animations_restore.smx": Native "__FLOAT_GT__" was not found
    OR... maybe i should just update SM ^^
    sorry
    You should probably update to the latest stable version, since I thoroughly tested the plugin before posting it ;p
    id5473
    Old 09-02-2014 , 18:18   Re: [L4D2] Restore Survivor Death Animations
    Reply With Quote #4

works nice
    but since it makes defibs unusable similar to mr Zeros ragdoll plugin, you should maybe mention that in the description.

Last edited by id5473; 09-02-2014 at 18:21.
    DeathChaos25
    Old 09-02-2014 , 18:27   Re: [L4D2] Restore Survivor Death Animations
    Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
    Originally Posted by id5473 View Post
    works nice
    but since it makes defibs unusable similar to mr Zeros ragdoll plugin, you should maybe mention that in the description.
    That's why there's a CVAR for that
    Code:
    // Should Survivors turn into Ragdolls upon Death? 0 = Disable Ragdoll Death, 1 = Enable Ragdoll Death
    // -
    // Default: "1"
    // Minimum: "0.000000"
    // Maximum: "1.000000"
    enable_ragdoll_death "1"
    Just go to your cfg/sourcemod folders, locate your "l4d2_death_animations_restore.cfg" file, and set this CVAR to 0 to enable normal static deaths, I just made ragdoll deaths the default
    id5473
    Old 09-02-2014 , 18:41   Re: [L4D2] Restore Survivor Death Animations
    Reply With Quote #6

ahh i see. for some reason i didn't made the connection when i read the thread initially. ^^
    Sev
    Veteran Member
    Old 09-02-2014 , 21:47   Re: [L4D2] Restore Survivor Death Animations
    Reply With Quote #7

I kinda wonder what this does when the tank is pounding on the survivors. If they all just go into the animation then simply ragdoll to the ground, or if they magically have the l4d1 ragdoll death velocity and go flying away as they did in L4D1 when the tank or witch would hit them.

In L4D2, since ragdoll deaths don't exist unless you have the plugin or the ledgehang death. The L4D1 velocity doesn't tend to apply on death unless the survivor is surrounded or vomited.

I guess I'll have to take a look at some point.
    DeathChaos25
    Old 09-02-2014 , 22:24   Re: [L4D2] Restore Survivor Death Animations
    Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sev View Post
    I kinda wonder what this does when the tank is pounding on the survivors. If they all just go into the animation then simply ragdoll to the ground, or if they magically have the l4d1 ragdoll death velocity and go flying away as they did in L4D1 when the tank or witch would hit them.

In L4D2, since ragdoll deaths don't exist unless you have the plugin or the ledgehang death. The L4D1 velocity doesn't tend to apply on death unless the survivor is surrounded or vomited.

I guess I'll have to take a look at some point.
    Death Animations shouldn't work on incapped survivors, as for ragdoll deaths, those are controlled by the plugin's only CVAR ;p

Last edited by DeathChaos25; 09-02-2014 at 22:24.
    huynhnhatkhai
    Old 09-03-2014 , 05:18   Re: [L4D2] Restore Survivor Death Animations
    Reply With Quote #9

Still have endlessly death animation, sometimes worked well and sometimes the player's death keep repeat again and again (` 0 ^0)
    DeathChaos25
    Old 09-03-2014 , 06:17   Re: [L4D2] Restore Survivor Death Animations
    Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
    Originally Posted by huynhnhatkhai View Post
    Still have endlessly death animation, sometimes worked well and sometimes the player's death keep repeat again and again (` 0 ^0)
    What situation caused endless death animations?

Please let me know so that I can look into it and possibly fix it, as I didn't experience this myself.

In case of endless animations, just have an admin slay whoever got stuck, the game will still correctly report who killed the person.

Last edited by DeathChaos25; 09-03-2014 at 06:18.