Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[TF2] TF2beta06 Gameplay (1.0 2014-07-29)

Post New Thread Reply   

Author
Wolvan
Plugin ID:
Plugin Version:
Plugin Category:
Gameplay
Plugin Game:
Team Fortress 2
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:

Plugin Description:
    No Compression Blast or Building Movement!!
    Old 07-28-2014 , 21:59   [TF2] TF2beta06 Gameplay (1.0 2014-07-29)
    Reply With Quote #1

If you guys are running my Plugin on a server, I would love to know the IP and check it!

About
    Remember back in the days of TF2beta Open Beta? Yeah, me neither. Anyways, now you can bring those days back, with this simple Plugin that I wrote in like, 15min, because a friend requested it.
    Blocks all compression blasting (the pyro still sees it, but it has no effect on the Players/Projectiles) and engineers picking up buildings.

Features
    1.) Easy to use: Just drag the .smx file into your plugins folder and you're set
    2.) Small: Not cluttered with unecessary code

ConVars
    tf2beta06_version (1.0) - Just an ordinary version ConVar

Installation instructions
    1.) Download .smx file below and put it in your plugins folder
    2.) Load it with sm plugins load TF2Beta06 or by restarting your server

Dependencies
    None

Plugins that use MedicMvMShield
    None

Bugs
    None so far :)

Planned Features
    - Add more Pre-Beta stuff, someone tell me what it was like back then though.

For Developers
    I have not yet added any kind of Forwards/Natives/API. If you are interested in one, post a reply to the thread or send me a PM

Special thanks / Credits
    Quin for requesting the Plugin

Servers with my Plugin
    None so far

Media
    NONE SO FAR ;_;
    If you have any kind of media related to this, I'd love to add it here.

Changelog
    Spoiler
    Attached Files
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (TF2Beta06.sp - 1033 views - 2.5 KB)

Last edited by Wolvan; 07-28-2014 at 22:00.
    Send a message via Skype™ to Wolvan
    404UserNotFound
    BANNED
    Old 07-29-2014 , 00:38   Re: [TF2] TF2beta06 Gameplay (1.0 2014-07-29)
    Reply With Quote #2

No cosmetic items (plugins exist that do this)

Grenade Launcher for Demoman carried 6 grenades instead of 4 (TF2Items can help you with this)

Only stock weapons (change each players weapons on spawn to the stock items)

None of these fancy taunts (make a plugin that when a player uses the taunt command it fires it twice thus bypassing the taunt menu and just does the nornal taunt)

I may just set up a Vanilla (aka Xbox 360) TF2 server because this exists now.

Last edited by 404UserNotFound; 07-29-2014 at 00:42.
    Powerlord
    AlliedModders Donor
    Old 07-29-2014 , 03:00   Re: [TF2] TF2beta06 Gameplay (1.0 2014-07-29)
    Reply With Quote #3

The name of this plugin is somewhat deceptive as there are a LOT of other changes that happened over the years.

In addition to the ones abrandnewday mentioned, the ones I know are missing are:
    1. In Beta, Soldiers only had 20 rockets total (4 in clip, 16 in reserve). Current game they have 24 (4 in clip, 20 in reserve).
    2. Teleporters and Dispensers only have one level. Dispensers were the equivalent of the current level 2 Dispenser, teleporters were the equivalent of current level 1 teleporters.
    3. Sapping one end of a teleporter didn't sap the other end.
    4. Spy's Invisibility watch didn't recharge from ammo boxes.
    5. Spy's knife did backstabs veeeery slowly. Like it would literally take 1 second unless you started stabbing before approaching an enemy.
    6. Heavy's minigun various buffs and nerfs would have to be undone.
    7. Pyro's Flamethrower damage buff would have to be undone.

Oh, and of course, the game only had 6 maps: cp_well, cp_dustbowl, cp_granary, cp_gravelpit, ctf_2fort, and tc_hydro. Oh, and these maps have had changes over the years as well such as the side door on the granary ramps near mid.

There are also better ways to restrict the things this plugin does cover, such as applying attributes using TF2Items... there are specific attributes to block airblast (2 actually, but only the Phlog one is in active use) and block Engineers from picking up buildings.

Last edited by Powerlord; 07-29-2014 at 03:09.
    Wolvan
    Old 07-29-2014 , 06:33   Re: [TF2] TF2beta06 Gameplay (1.0 2014-07-29)
    Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post
    The name of this plugin is somewhat deceptive as there are a LOT of other changes that happened over the years.

In addition to the ones abrandnewday mentioned, the ones I know are missing are:
    1. In Beta, Soldiers only had 20 rockets total (4 in clip, 16 in reserve). Current game they have 24 (4 in clip, 20 in reserve).
    2. Teleporters and Dispensers only have one level. Dispensers were the equivalent of the current level 2 Dispenser, teleporters were the equivalent of current level 1 teleporters.
    3. Sapping one end of a teleporter didn't sap the other end.
    4. Spy's Invisibility watch didn't recharge from ammo boxes.
    5. Spy's knife did backstabs veeeery slowly. Like it would literally take 1 second unless you started stabbing before approaching an enemy.
    6. Heavy's minigun various buffs and nerfs would have to be undone.
    7. Pyro's Flamethrower damage buff would have to be undone.

Oh, and of course, the game only had 6 maps: cp_well, cp_dustbowl, cp_granary, cp_gravelpit, ctf_2fort, and tc_hydro. Oh, and these maps have had changes over the years as well such as the side door on the granary ramps near mid.

There are also better ways to restrict the things this plugin does cover, such as applying attributes using TF2Items... there are specific attributes to block airblast (2 actually, but only the Phlog one is in active use) and block Engineers from picking up buildings.
    I guess I'm gonna have to play around with TF2items then, thanks for the help. As I said this thing was done in 15min because a friend made a joke about good ol' tf2 open beta
    Old 07-29-2014 , 06:34   Re: [TF2] TF2beta06 Gameplay (1.0 2014-07-29)
    Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
    Originally Posted by abrandnewday View Post
    No cosmetic items (plugins exist that do this)

Grenade Launcher for Demoman carried 6 grenades instead of 4 (TF2Items can help you with this)

Only stock weapons (change each players weapons on spawn to the stock items)

None of these fancy taunts (make a plugin that when a player uses the taunt command it fires it twice thus bypassing the taunt menu and just does the nornal taunt)

I may just set up a Vanilla (aka Xbox 360) TF2 server because this exists now.
    That would be awesome, hell yeah!
    Old 08-01-2014 , 18:49   Re: [TF2] TF2beta06 Gameplay (1.0 2014-07-29)
    Reply With Quote #6

Quote:

I may just set up a Vanilla (aka Xbox 360) TF2 server because this exists now
    On Xbox 360, Demoman has 4 grenades. Unless you're thinking of an older version, I'm pretty sure PS3 still has the demoman grenades set to 6.

EDIT: Also, 360 servers can only go up to a max of 16 players (unless you hacked it). Just a side note for when you do that.

Last edited by SPYderman; 08-01-2014 at 18:52.
    bl4nk
    SourceMod Developer
    Old 08-02-2014 , 15:40   Re: [TF2] TF2beta06 Gameplay (1.0 2014-07-29)
    Reply With Quote #7

Pipe bombs should explode on impact with a player even after bouncing off a wall.
    Leonardo
    Veteran Member
    Old 08-10-2014 , 02:56   Re: [TF2] TF2beta06 Gameplay (1.0 2014-07-29)
    Reply With Quote #8

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=3224422
    no plugins needed
    Old 08-10-2014 , 04:58   Re: [TF2] TF2beta06 Gameplay (1.0 2014-07-29)
    Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Leonardo View Post
    Man fu-..err...forget all that noise. That's a waste of time.

http://unfgaming.net/public/downloads/TF2 Historical Archive/Team Fortress 2 (Version 0, Playable).zip (you can also remove the "/Team Fortress 2 (Version 0, Playable).zip" bit of the URL to view my historical archives as a whole. There's plenty of unused/beta/cut content on there and even stuff like the TF2 Team Gaben Xmas alpha with the Invasion player models!)

Version 0 is the first version of TF2 ever uploaded to Steam. It's essentially orange box TF2 but with a PC menu. The DLLs were taken from a newer version of TF2 to ensure playability and some textures were added because some stuff in Version 0's files was apparently missing such as the Scout's head texture.

Version 0 also contained all the scrapped grenade textures and the nailgun/tranq gun/lead pipe textures. Lots of stuff we didn't have for aaaages.
    Leonardo
    Veteran Member
    Old 08-10-2014 , 08:08   Re: [TF2] TF2beta06 Gameplay (1.0 2014-07-29)
    Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
    The DLLs were taken from a newer version of TF2 to ensure playability and some textures were added because some stuff in Version 0's files was apparently missing such as the Scout's head texture.
    Then what's the point? I'm not looking for an old content, but old mechanics, so libs must be the same. Putting it as a (source)mod makes more sense.