Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[TF2] Boss Spawns

Post New Thread Reply   

Horsedick
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-12-2014 , 17:12   Re: [TF2] Boss Spawns [1.0.0]
Reply With Quote #11

size scaling for anyone in mind to using that causes Mono for example to get stuck in textures of map walls. I was applying a larger scale to him with the automatic boss spawner (which needs to be fixed bad) and he was constantly getting stuck in the walls preventing the next one from spawning.
Drixevel
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-12-2014 , 17:33   Re: [TF2] Boss Spawns [1.0.0]
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsedick View Post
size scaling for anyone in mind to using that causes Mono for example to get stuck in textures of map walls. I was applying a larger scale to him with the automatic boss spawner (which needs to be fixed bad) and he was constantly getting stuck in the walls preventing the next one from spawning.
That's why I added a ConVar to enable/disable it while I work on it further. (if it needs it)
robotortoise
Old 07-12-2014 , 17:36   Re: [TF2] Boss Spawns [1.0.0]
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by r3dw3r3w0lf View Post
1. Should be there, I didn't make it though or test it much so test it.

2. (maybe) I'll probably add custom models but hat models, maybe. (I realize it's possible)

3. Sure.

Awesome! I realize this would be a separate plugin entirely, but if someone could use these new cvars to make an iteration of THIS PLUGIN for bosses....that would be fantastic.

If you ever need help with Wii/Gamecube/DS sounds/music/ect., I'm your man!

Contact me via Steam

I don't bite.

How to loop and compress .wav files

Me and my friends' server
Pelipoika
Veteran Member
Old 07-12-2014 , 17:41   Re: [TF2] Boss Spawns [1.0.0]
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by robotortoise View Post
Awesome! I realize this would be a separate plugin entirely, but if someone could use these new cvars to make an iteration of THIS PLUGIN for bosses....that would be fantastic.
This is kinda on my to-do list. you weren't supposed to know
Old 07-12-2014 , 17:43   Re: [TF2] Boss Spawns [1.0.0]
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelipoika View Post

Contact me via Steam

I don't bite.

Drixevel
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-12-2014 , 17:55   Re: [TF2] Boss Spawns [1.0.0]
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
Let me know if you need me to add anything.

---

On a side note, should be pushing out a new update in the next 24 hours or less to finish the natives and add more parameters to commands.
404UserNotFound
BANNED
Old 07-12-2014 , 18:42   Re: [TF2] Boss Spawns [1.0.0]
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
I thought that was quite obivious?
I can go into detail for you
That really has no bearing on anything. I mean, I was in a bit of an angry place back then but at least I'm man enough to admit it. In my books, a man is a guy who can take responsibility for his actions and say "hey, I did that and I admit it and it was wrong".

While that wasn't my mode of thinking back then and even up until recently when I apologized publicly to Facepunch, MaxOfS2D and Mecha the Slag, it's my mode of thinking now. I did some really dumb shit up until early this year when I decided it was time to make amends, put my past behind me and move on.

Of course, there are still ongoing issues between myself and a certain TF2 Wiki admin, but I won't go into that in detail here. I may one day sign back up on Tumblr and make a post about it because there were some fairly recent derogatory comments made towards me by that admin and though they were made in the wiki's IRC and hardly anyone saw them, I still feel it necessary to quote them and explain my feelings about them.

Anywho, I don't want to derail this thread anymore. Glad to see this is being kept up with and that someone else more skilled than I has taken over the plugin. Keep up the great work, R3d.

Last edited by 404UserNotFound; 07-12-2014 at 18:42.
robotortoise
Old 07-12-2014 , 19:24   Re: [TF2] Boss Spawns [1.0.0]
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by abrandnewday View Post
That really has no bearing on anything. I mean, I was in a bit of an angry place back then but at least I'm man enough to admit it. In my books, a man is a guy who can take responsibility for his actions and say "hey, I did that and I admit it and it was wrong".

While that wasn't my mode of thinking back then and even up until recently when I apologized publicly to Facepunch, MaxOfS2D and Mecha the Slag, it's my mode of thinking now. I did some really dumb shit up until early this year when I decided it was time to make amends, put my past behind me and move on.

Of course, there are still ongoing issues between myself and a certain TF2 Wiki admin, but I won't go into that in detail here. I may one day sign back up on Tumblr and make a post about it because there were some fairly recent derogatory comments made towards me by that admin and though they were made in the wiki's IRC and hardly anyone saw them, I still feel it necessary to quote them and explain my feelings about them.

Anywho, I don't want to derail this thread anymore. Glad to see this is being kept up with and that someone else more skilled than I has taken over the plugin. Keep up the great work, R3d.

Yay everyone's happy now!

Contact me via Steam

I don't bite.

Weasel
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-13-2014 , 00:40   Re: [TF2] Boss Spawns [1.0.0]
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by robotortoise View Post
2. Custom model/animation support (I want to make Merasmus conga, or wear a hat)
Holding-out for this one alone! Change model to zombie or whatever custom model available would be nice.
Pickles47
Old 07-13-2014 , 02:02   Re: [TF2] Boss Spawns [1.0.0]
Reply With Quote #20

Nice to see this get picked up. Currently all bosses only have 25% max hp, when Merasmus is the only boss that will create issues at 50% health.

Also I have noticed on the previous version, my own version and the original Merasmus spawner plugins, spawning more than one Merasmus will cause issues with the health bar/death event and subsequently cause the wizard to enter into his scripted events. Possibly a problem with a recent valve update. I'm not sure if this is an issue here but the code is pretty much the same across all these plugins.