Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D2] Tank Rush 2 v1.3.4

Post New Thread Reply   

Carl Sagan
Old 03-23-2014 , 14:18   Re: [L4D2] Tank Rush 2 (02/04/14)
Reply With Quote #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritBob View Post
On some maps or after you pass a final, there are cutscenes yeah? And after you see them (If you were survivor) and you switch over to infected, your camera gets stuck at the end of the cutscene or part of it, making it impossible to understand where your tank is, or where the survivors are. It cannot fix itself as far as I have seen. Sourcemod, metamod IS NOT THE CASE. I am using the latest dev branches and without any modifications or external plugins to conflict with Tank rush 2. Only plugins I use are the ones recommended by the developer of this plugin.
This is a known bug and it says so right in the known bug section. The only way I can see to get around this is to do what the sm_respawn plugin does and respawn them. Not sure I want to do that as it requires a gamedata file.

For now if someone gets stuck, have them leave and rejoin or switch to survivors and back to infected.

Quote:
And a further note: After 5 minutes pass on a final, after all tanks get killed, why are the tanks continuing to spawn? I thought after 5 minutes, you "win" or it's just to ease the task at hand?
If the survivors last 5 minutes in a finale, the tanks are killed so they can move forward in the finale. If all the tanks aren't killed, the scoreboard just sits there indefinitely until the survivors die.

Quote:
Also on random occasions, a message appears "XXX is becoming the new tank", or something like that, and all the other tanks that were alive, disappear and only the one that was spawned stays alive.
This happens when someone doesn't attack the survivors as a tank and they lose control. Their tank gets passed to someone else. I haven't seen the tanks disappear so I don't know what's happening there.
Carl Sagan
Old 04-08-2014 , 19:35   Re: [L4D2] Tank Rush 2 v1.1.0
Reply With Quote #22

Updated to v1.1.0

Edit: Hotfix for z_common_limit not correctly being changed to zero. Updated to v1.1.1

Last edited by Carl Sagan; 04-09-2014 at 02:32.
Ledundead
Old 04-13-2014 , 19:43   Re: [L4D2] Tank Rush 2 v1.1.1
Reply With Quote #23

Hey there, I'm a huge fan of old Tank Rush and you are a saint for bringing it back.

I'm just curious, does the new version update the Campaign mode as well or is it Versus only?

Thank you!
Carl Sagan
Old 04-13-2014 , 20:02   Re: [L4D2] Tank Rush 2 v1.1.1
Reply With Quote #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledundead View Post
Hey there, I'm a huge fan of old Tank Rush and you are a saint for bringing it back.

I'm just curious, does the new version update the Campaign mode as well or is it Versus only?

Thank you!
It's made for versus but I just tested v1.1.1 on a coop server and it works fine.

Edit: It doesn't seem to work all the time. I'll release an update by tomorrow with coop support.

Last edited by Carl Sagan; 04-13-2014 at 22:06.
Carl Sagan
Old 04-14-2014 , 11:44   Re: [L4D2] Tank Rush 2 v1.1.2
Reply With Quote #25

Alright, added a cvar for coop compatibility.

For some reason the "player_left_start_area" event doesn't fire on every map when the server is in coop mode, but it does when the server is in versus mode.

Because of this I've had to use "player_left_checkpoint" which unfortunately fires right when a player joins the game, so tanks will start spawning right away.

Wish there was a more elegant way to do this.

Please note that v1.1.2 now creates a new autoconfig file called TankRush2.public.cfg, so change cvars in that and not the old TankRush2.cfg
Kid_Bandes
Old 04-17-2014 , 03:42   Re: [L4D2] Tank Rush 2 v1.1.2
Reply With Quote #26

Can u fix the tank dead stuck? Im using Tank Rush 1, and sometime when a tank run out of heath, he cant die and respawn, he is just standing there with a loop death animation. Anyone who got stuck have to go spectator then rejoin Infected to get out of that bug

And can you add an option to disable AI Tank spawning? Sometime, AI Tank spawn too many that prevent players from infected team to be spawned and play

Last edited by Kid_Bandes; 04-17-2014 at 03:44.
Carl Sagan
Old 04-17-2014 , 04:28   Re: [L4D2] Tank Rush 2 v1.1.2
Reply With Quote #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid_Bandes View Post
Can u fix the tank dead stuck? Im using Tank Rush 1, and sometime when a tank run out of heath, he cant die and respawn, he is just standing there with a loop death animation. Anyone who got stuck have to go spectator then rejoin Infected to get out of that bug
You're using Tank Rush 1? This is the thread for Tank Rush 2 so I'm not going to fix the old Tank Rush since my plugin does the same thing, but better.

Quote:
And can you add an option to disable AI Tank spawning? Sometime, AI Tank spawn too many that prevent players from infected team to be spawned and play
I haven't had this problem. If there are too many tanks just lower tank health so they're easier to kill.
Kid_Bandes
Old 04-17-2014 , 07:13   Re: [L4D2] Tank Rush 2 v1.1.2
Reply With Quote #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Sagan View Post
You're using Tank Rush 1? This is the thread for Tank Rush 2 so I'm not going to fix the old Tank Rush since my plugin does the same thing, but better.

I haven't had this problem. If there are too many tanks just lower tank health so they're easier to kill.
But, did your Tank Rush 2 fixed those problems? Lower tank health is not what i mean, i want AI Tanks dont prevent player to be tank
Example: my server have 10 slots per side, the infected team have 4 players, then the plugin auto spawn 6 addition AI tanks. But when a player join infected team, they have to wait for a AI tank die, so they can become a tank, it keep happen if there are still AI tanks...

Last edited by Kid_Bandes; 04-17-2014 at 07:14.
Carl Sagan
Old 04-17-2014 , 11:46   Re: [L4D2] Tank Rush 2 v1.1.2
Reply With Quote #29

Quote:
But, did your Tank Rush 2 fixed those problems? Lower tank health is not what i mean, i want AI Tanks dont prevent player to be tank
Example: my server have 10 slots per side, the infected team have 4 players, then the plugin auto spawn 6 addition AI tanks. But when a player join infected team, they have to wait for a AI tank die, so they can become a tank, it keep happen if there are still AI tanks...
I haven't heard of the first problem with tanks glitching after dying so I assume it was fixed.

About the second problem, no there isn't a way to limit AI tanks specifically. My suggestion would be to lower tank health so they're easier to kill and infected won't have to wait that long to spawn in as a tank.
Kid_Bandes
Old 04-18-2014 , 00:02   Re: [L4D2] Tank Rush 2 v1.1.2
Reply With Quote #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Sagan View Post
I haven't heard of the first problem with tanks glitching after dying so I assume it was fixed.

About the second problem, no there isn't a way to limit AI tanks specifically. My suggestion would be to lower tank health so they're easier to kill and infected won't have to wait that long to spawn in as a tank.
Hope your version fixed the first problem, it is really annoying, i will try yours

I tried this plugin: [L4D2] No Infected Bots https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1088788, to prevent AI Tank to spawn, but it seem notthing happen

Btw, do you know any plugin that can combine 2 cvars? Or how to?
Example: i have 2 cvars: sm_afk and sm_jointeam3, how can i combine them into 1 cvar like sm_tankfix, so when i execute that cvar it will execute 2 cvars that i combined. This will help infected players to get out of stuck easier

Last edited by Kid_Bandes; 04-18-2014 at 00:42.