Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Steam GameServer Accounts and new TF2 QuickPlay Rules

Post New Thread Reply   

friagram
Veteran Member
Old 02-13-2014 , 06:29   Re: TF2: Steam GameServer Accounts and new QuickPlay Rules
Reply With Quote #81

And one step closer to:
XXX has disconnected.
... [insert lag here] ...
You are now the Host.
Tomala
Old 02-13-2014 , 07:02   Re: TF2: Steam GameServer Accounts and new QuickPlay Rules
Reply With Quote #82

Is there a way to tell if you're on quickplay? Ever since the update it doesn't tell me if I am or not. I have my server account ID in place and while it tells me that I'm logged on it doesn't say if quickplay is enabled on startup.
Old 02-13-2014 , 09:46   Re: TF2: Steam GameServer Accounts and new QuickPlay Rules
Reply With Quote #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by friagram View Post
And one step closer to:
XXX has disconnected.
... [insert lag here] ...
You are now the Host.
What are you on about? The very concept of dedicated servers and favorites contradicts player-hosted games.
Old 02-14-2014 , 19:30   Re: TF2: Steam GameServer Accounts and new QuickPlay Rules
Reply With Quote #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. McKay View Post
Also, account-based favorites is part of the Steam Client beta. It's not in the regular Steam Client yet.
So this feature isn't in the game yet? If I want to switch host for my Tf2 server, but still keep the favorites, I will have to wait? When will this feature be in the game?
DrFallen
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-14-2014 , 19:35   Re: TF2: Steam GameServer Accounts and new QuickPlay Rules
Reply With Quote #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marverlous View Post
So this feature isn't in the game yet? If I want to switch host for my Tf2 server, but still keep the favorites, I will have to wait? When will this feature be in the game?
Its in the game just not for regular steam client users yet.
Pitbull3
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-15-2014 , 04:56   Re: TF2: Steam GameServer Accounts and new QuickPlay Rules
Reply With Quote #86

What about beta opt-in users? I tested with my account changed the port on a server and the favorites IP : Port did not change for the server I setup, which is correct and showing a Game Server ID in the console pre-server start.

Last edited by Pitbull3; 02-15-2014 at 04:56.
DrFallen
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-15-2014 , 19:54   Re: TF2: Steam GameServer Accounts and new QuickPlay Rules
Reply With Quote #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitbull3 View Post
What about beta opt-in users? I tested with my account changed the port on a server and the favorites IP : Port did not change for the server I setup, which is correct and showing a Game Server ID in the console pre-server start.
Were you able to connect to it though? It may not immediately update the port.
friagram
Veteran Member
Old 02-15-2014 , 23:21   Re: TF2: Steam GameServer Accounts and new QuickPlay Rules
Reply With Quote #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. McKay View Post
What are you on about? The very concept of dedicated servers and favorites contradicts player-hosted games.
This just begs for more low-quality hosts run from home connections with limited upstream that were previously kept down by dynamic ips.

The only thing worse than client-hosted games, are client-hosted games masquerading as dedicated hosts.

There really should be a bandwidth/upstream meter/ranking added, so people that have say, 10/20/40/150+ mbit uplinks can be filtered out by clients for QA.
DrFallen
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-17-2014 , 20:54   Re: TF2: Steam GameServer Accounts and new QuickPlay Rules
Reply With Quote #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by friagram View Post
This just begs for more low-quality hosts run from home connections with limited upstream that were previously kept down by dynamic ips.

The only thing worse than client-hosted games, are client-hosted games masquerading as dedicated hosts.

There really should be a bandwidth/upstream meter/ranking added, so people that have say, 10/20/40/150+ mbit uplinks can be filtered out by clients for QA.
Clients using filters? This would require someone to stare at the server browser for more than 5 seconds and then them understand what a mbit is. Valve could define QA scores based off connection quality. So if X amount of time-outs happen it would prehaps persuade a poor connection. Just an idea I guess.
Marverlous
Old 02-18-2014 , 14:51   Re: TF2: Steam GameServer Accounts and new QuickPlay Rules
Reply With Quote #90

Any info on when will this be implement into the regular Steam client?