Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[TF2] Friendly Mode (v. 16.0112)

Post New Thread Reply   

harker
Old 11-18-2013 , 22:01   Re: [TF2] Friendly Mode (v. 13.0807.0)
Reply With Quote #221

Hi, thanks for your great plugin. Plugins is working perfect, but i'm having problem compiling the source, i need to translate some messages. Same error for original and translated sp. All .incs are in include folder.

friendly.sp(0) : fatal error 120: cannot read from file: "friendly.sp"

Compilation aborted.
1 Error.
ddhoward
Veteran Member
Old 11-18-2013 , 22:13   Re: [TF2] Friendly Mode (v. 13.0807.0)
Reply With Quote #222

Quote:
Originally Posted by harker View Post
Hi, thanks for your great plugin. Plugins is working perfect, but i'm having problem compiling the source, i need to translate some messages. Same error for original and translated sp. All .incs are in include folder.

friendly.sp(0) : fatal error 120: cannot read from file: "friendly.sp"

Compilation aborted.
1 Error.
Are you having this issue with any other sp?
Old 11-19-2013 , 12:56   Re: [TF2] Friendly Mode (v. 13.0807.0)
Reply With Quote #223

Ive looked at almost all the plugins of worth for TF2 on this site so far and I can say this is one of the most impressive plugins Ive seen. Its so well thought out and highly detailed with the massive customizable cvar list. Brav-figgin-o. I made an account just to say that. Ill download and install immediately after you update to fix that weapon switch bug mentioned above.
ddhoward
Veteran Member
Old 11-20-2013 , 15:09   Re: [TF2] Friendly Mode (v. 13.0730)
Reply With Quote #224

Wowee kaboodles, first update in over three months. I finally have my new machine, and have finally gotten used to it. Having a touch-centric OS ( Windows 8 ) on a non-touch-screen machine was the most frustrating experience I've ever had with technology in my LIFE. But after all the hassle, I finally have a Start menu again.

Uploading new version 13.1120.1. It is attached to this post, has been pushed to the server that Updater downloads from, and will soon replace the version in the first post in this thread. Changes include:
  • BUGFIX: Fixed a taunt-related exploit that would allow players to keep their blocked weapon after enabling Friendly Mode.

• BUGFIX: Fixed error message spam that would occur when a Engie building took damage, provided that the building was spawned in a strange way that resulted in the building having no owner.

• BUGFIX: Fixed a typo in the error message that occurs when sm_friendly_afkinterval is set to an invalid value.

• INSIGNIFICANT OPTIMIZATION: Made IsValidClient function a few nanoseconds more efficient.

Please let me know if you run into any issues. Please also consider installing Updater if you haven't already!

Note than unless any huge bugs or exploits make themselves known, this will likely be the last update until the bloated plugin is finally split into the different optional modules. Please also note that said update will likely include the removal of "Friendly Admin Mode."

If you like what you see here, please consider donating~
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (friendly.sp - 106 views - 133.8 KB)
File Type: smx friendly.smx (63.4 KB, 103 views)

Last edited by ddhoward; 11-20-2013 at 15:19.
fiala06
AlliedModders Donor
Old 11-21-2013 , 16:00   Re: [TF2] Friendly Mode (v. 13.1120.1)
Reply With Quote #225

I just added it and unfortunately can't load it . I don't want to add RTD as its always crashed my server. Anyway around it? or am I missing something else?

Code:
rcon sm plugins load friendly
[SM] Plugin friendly.smx failed to load: Could not find required plugin "TF2: Roll the Dice".
ddhoward
Veteran Member
Old 11-21-2013 , 20:51   Re: Re: [TF2] Friendly Mode (v. 13.1120.1)
Reply With Quote #226

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiala06 View Post
I just added it and unfortunately can't load it . I don't want to add RTD as its always crashed my server. Anyway around it? or am I missing something else?

Code:
rcon sm plugins load friendly
[SM] Plugin friendly.smx failed to load: Could not find required plugin "TF2: Roll the Dice".
Ahhhhhhh god damn it. Previous versions of my plugin were using a modified version of the rtd.inc include that respected '#undef REQUIRE_PLUGIN'. However, because of the switch to my new machine, I had to redownload all the custom includes, and I forgot that the 'official' rtd.inc has this major bug. I didn't catch this in my testing because my test server runs RTD. I will upload a fixed version shortly, as soon as I get home from work.

Every server that doesn't run RTD that also has auto-updates for Friendly enabled will need to have the new version installed manually.

And yes, I have complained about this issue on the RTD plugin thread.

Last edited by ddhoward; 11-21-2013 at 22:59.
fiala06
AlliedModders Donor
Old 11-21-2013 , 20:56   Re: [TF2] Friendly Mode (v. 13.1120.1)
Reply With Quote #227

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddhoward View Post
Ahhhhhhh god damn it. Previous versions of my plugin were using a modified version of the rtd.inc include that respected '#undef REQUIRE_PLUGIN'. However, because of the switch to my new machine, I had to redownload all the custom includes, and I forgot that the 'official' rtd.inc has this major bug. I didn't catch this in my testing because my test server runs RTD. I will upload a fixed version shortly, as soon as I get home from work.

Every server that doesn't run RTD that also has auto-updates for Friendly enabled will need to have the new version installed manually.

And yes, I have complained about this issue on the RTD plugin thread.
Awesome, thx! Looking forward to the fix xD
ddhoward
Veteran Member
Old 11-21-2013 , 23:31   Re: [TF2] Friendly Mode (v. 13.1120.1)
Reply With Quote #228

Uploading new version 13.1121.0. It is attached to this post, has been pushed to the server that Updater downloads from, and will soon replace the version in the first post in this thread. Changes include:
  • BUGFIX: Fixed an error in rtd.inc that caused Friendly.smx to fail to load if rtd.smx wasn't also loaded.

Please let me know if you run into any issues. Please also consider installing Updater if you haven't already!

Note than unless any huge bugs or exploits make themselves known, this will likely be the last update until the bloated plugin is finally split into the different optional modules. Please also note that said update will likely include the removal of "Friendly Admin Mode."

If you like what you see here, please consider donating~
Attached Files
File Type: smx friendly.smx (63.5 KB, 116 views)
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (friendly.sp - 96 views - 133.5 KB)
Old 11-22-2013 , 09:45   Re: [TF2] Friendly Mode (v. 13.1120.1)
Reply With Quote #229

Loaded up and all seems to be working great so far.
Dr_Knuckles
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-06-2013 , 13:58   Re: [TF2] Friendly Mode (v. 13.1121.0)
Reply With Quote #230

Call me lazy if it's been addressed already, can I slay a friendly player? We use slay @aim in spycrab tourneys.

Edit: I forgot one thing, can you even see friendlys at all?

Last edited by Dr_Knuckles; 12-06-2013 at 14:01.