Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[TF2] Class Restrictions For Bots (26.12.2022)

Post New Thread Reply   

Author
luki1412
Veteran Member
Plugin ID:
Plugin Version:
Plugin Category:
Server Management
Plugin Game:
Team Fortress 2
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:
    Plugin Description:
    Limits/blocks classes for Bots
    Old 11-06-2013 , 10:59   [TF2] Class Restrictions For Bots (26.12.2022)
    Reply With Quote #1

Description:

This plugin blocks/limits classes for bots!
    It can run alongside Class Restrictions For Humans that blocks/limits classes for humans

Cvars:
    PHP Code:
    sm_crb_enabled 1 //(0/1, default 1) Enable/disable restricting classes for bots in TF2.

sm_crb_blu_demomen -1
    sm_crb_blu_engineers 
    sm_crb_blu_heavies 
    sm_crb_blu_medics 
    sm_crb_blu_pyros 
    sm_crb_blu_scouts 
    sm_crb_blu_snipers 
    sm_crb_blu_soldiers 
    sm_crb_blu_spies 
    // Limits for Blu bot classes in TF2. (-1 for no limit, 0 is disabled, 1 or anything higher will be the limit for that class. Default -1)

sm_crb_red_demomen -1
    sm_crb_red_engineers 
    sm_crb_red_heavies 
    sm_crb_red_medics 
    sm_crb_red_pyros 
    sm_crb_red_scouts 
    sm_crb_red_snipers 
    sm_crb_red_soldiers 
    sm_crb_red_spies 
    // Limits for Red bot classes in TF2. (-1 for no limit, 0 is disabled, 1 or  anything higher will be the limit for that class. Default -1) 
    Important info:
    Plugin limits classes when bots spawn, so if you change limits after they have been spawned then you have to wait until they die or you can slay them (for changes to take effect). REMOVE AN OLDER VERSION OF THIS PLUGIN OR OTHER PLUGINS FOR CLASS RESTRICTION BEFORE YOU INSTALL THIS PLUGIN!
    Also, disable the tf2 default classlimit if enabled(the plugin disables 2 cvars itself but only once). Autobalance can also cause problems, depending on your settings.

Installation:
    Autogenerates a .cfg file in cfg\sourcemod when you load it for the first time.

Map configs:
    Class_Restrictions_For_Bots.cfg is loaded first, then the map config. Using map configs is obviously optional.

Changelog:

Credits:
    DJ Tsunami for his team restricting plugin

Github:link
    Attached Files
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (ClassRestrictionsForBots.sp - 526 views - 9.8 KB)

Last edited by luki1412; 12-26-2022 at 04:15. Reason: V 3.04
    SPYderman
    Old 11-06-2013 , 22:21   Re: [TF2] Class Restrictions for bots
    Reply With Quote #2

FINALLY. I have been waiting for this, thank you. Now I don't have to use the bot_roster entity and create custom maps.
    luki1412
    Veteran Member
    Old 11-07-2013 , 08:32   Re: [TF2] Class Restrictions for bots
    Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SPYderman View Post
    FINALLY. I have been waiting for this, thank you. Now I don't have to use the bot_roster entity and create custom maps.
    So I'm not the only one, who needs such plugin.

Last edited by luki1412; 11-20-2013 at 18:38.
    Custo
    Old 11-07-2013 , 11:13   Re: [TF2] Class Restrictions for bots
    Reply With Quote #4

Oh excellent! I've had some problems, on some maps, where only red engineer bots stayed in spawn. This will eleminate this problem. Thank you oh so much!
    SPYderman
    Old 11-07-2013 , 18:35   Re: [TF2] Class Restrictions for bots
    Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Custo View Post
    Oh excellent! I've had some problems, on some maps, where only red engineer bots stayed in spawn. This will eleminate this problem. Thank you oh so much!
    Koth_harvest, right? If you downloaded a custom .nav file from where I think you did, red engineers will stay in spawn. Just got to generate your own.
    Custo
    Old 11-08-2013 , 01:18   Re: [TF2] Class Restrictions for bots
    Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
    Koth_harvest, right? If you downloaded a custom .nav file from where I think you did, red engineers will stay in spawn. Just got to generate your own.
    Well, it's a nav I made because the generated one was pretty bad. And it seems every map I make a nav for (not generating), red engi bots break. It's weird.

But this plugin does help on harvest, yes.
    luki1412
    Veteran Member
    Old 11-08-2013 , 08:30   Re: [TF2] Class Restrictions for bots
    Reply With Quote #7

Yes engineers do not work properly on more maps. Usually because they wont leave spawn area.
    There are classes that do not care about objectives, but you still need .nav for them. I have tested bots on maps like plr_hightower.

Snipers, spies, engineers and medics do not care about objectives so they are going to work on almost any map. There are some problems with them though.

Medics need a target to heal or they wont leave spawn. They only heal objective based classes and also follow them everywhere. Sometimes having a problem leaving the spawn area.

Snipers need sniping spots created in .nav file so they can camp there and snipe. They do not move much.

Spies sometimes do not do anything or they are too obvious when there is no target around. Sometimes have a problem leaving the spawn area as well. In the end, spy bots are the best working class for bots when there are no objectives. They move around the map and do not care about objectives.

Engineers usually place teleporters or their entire base right in front of the spawn area or doors. They don't know how to move buildings and their building locations need to be added in nav files (if I remember correctly). They also don't stop hitting their buildings with a wrench even though they are already fully upgraded. They only move from their built base when they need metal or there is an enemy around.

Last edited by luki1412; 11-20-2013 at 18:46.
    SPYderman
    Old 11-08-2013 , 17:49   Re: [TF2] Class Restrictions for bots
    Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
    Originally Posted by luki1412 View Post
    Yes engineers do not work properly on more maps. Usually because they wont leave spawn area.
    There are classes that do not care about objectives but you still need .nav for them. I have tested bots on maps like plr_hightower.

Snipers,spies,engineers and medics do not care about objectives so they work on almost any map. There are some problems with them though.

Medics need a target to heal or they wont leave spawn and they only heal objective based classes and also follow them everywhere. Sometimes have a problem leaving the spawn area.

Snipers need sniping spots created in .nav file so they can camp there and snipe. They do not move much.

Spies sometimes do not do anything or they are too obvious when there is no target around. Sometimes have a problem leaving the spawn area as well. In the end, spy bots are the best working class for bots when there are no objectives. They move around the map and do not care about objectives.

Engineers usually place teleporters or their entire base right in front of the spawn area or doors. They dont know how to move buildings and their building locations need to be added in nav files (if I remeber correctly). They also dont stop hitting their buildings with a wrench even though its fully upgraded. They only move from their built base when they need metal or there is a enemy around.
    There was an apparent update that allowed engineers to automatically generate sentry spots, however PLR is not a valid gametype they have logic for so they have no where to build them except spawn. Being myself, though, I've only found ways to make all class bots play MVM. I'm still working on getting them to play other gametypes. However in order to do this I have to re-compile it into a different map.
    luki1412
    Veteran Member
    Old 11-11-2013 , 10:57   Re: [TF2] Class Restrictions for bots
    Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
    There was an apparent update that allowed engineers to automatically generate sentry spots, however PLR is not a valid gametype they have logic for so they have no where to build them except spawn. Being myself, though, I've only found ways to make all class bots play MVM. I'm still working on getting them to play other gametypes. However in order to do this I have to re-compile it into a different map.
    I thought that Valve is going to make some more plr maps and add bot support because pl maps have bot support.
    Old 11-12-2013 , 21:03   Re: [TF2] Class Restrictions for bots
    Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
    Originally Posted by luki1412 View Post
    I thought that Valve is going to make some more plr maps and add bot support because pl maps have bot support.
    Then again, since when has VALVe ever made a 'major' update for their bots other than MVM.