Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[TF2] Respawn System

Post New Thread Reply   

abyssis
Old 08-23-2013 , 05:33   Re: [TF2] Respawn System
Reply With Quote #351

Any idea how to get rid of all the sv_tags spam? https://gist.github.com/ninjageorgex...af6c6b93940ddd
Mongolas
Old 09-02-2013 , 22:02   Re: [TF2] Respawn System
Reply With Quote #352

I'm using the latest version of the plugin (1.0., and we've been having a whole bunch of trouble with this plugin, one thing that isn't right is that when we try to change the sm_respawn_time_blue or sm_respawn_time_red values from our server.cfg file, it doesn't change. We've checked console, and it even says that the value was changed, but when we join the server it says "10 seconds", it only changes if you explicitly type it into console. Also, if the amount of time you set is something that is greater than 6, it respawns you anyway, so it says "respawning in 10.0 seconds", and 6 seconds after you die, it respawns you. Please help.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 09-03-2013 , 13:26   Re: [TF2] Respawn System
Reply With Quote #353

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongolas View Post
I'm using the latest version of the plugin (1.0., and we've been having a whole bunch of trouble with this plugin, one thing that isn't right is that when we try to change the sm_respawn_time_blue or sm_respawn_time_red values from our server.cfg file, it doesn't change. We've checked console, and it even says that the value was changed, but when we join the server it says "10 seconds", it only changes if you explicitly type it into console.
Change it in cfg/sourcemod/tf2_respawn.cfg instead.

If you insist on setting it in server.cfg, you'll need to comment it out of (or remove it from) cfg/sourcemod/tf2_respawn.cfg because this config file is executed after server.cfg... the server uses the most recently set value.

Last edited by Powerlord; 09-03-2013 at 13:28.
Mongolas
Old 09-03-2013 , 17:08   Re: [TF2] Respawn System
Reply With Quote #354

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post
Change it in cfg/sourcemod/tf2_respawn.cfg instead.

If you insist on setting it in server.cfg, you'll need to comment it out of (or remove it from) cfg/sourcemod/tf2_respawn.cfg because this config file is executed after server.cfg... the server uses the most recently set value.
And what about fixing longer spawn times, if I were to set it to something such as 10 seconds, it would only wait 6 seconds and respawn. Is there a way to fix that?
Mongolas
Old 09-03-2013 , 18:10   Re: [TF2] Respawn System
Reply With Quote #355

And, not to spam, but it's not executing <map_name>.cfg, that or it's executing it in a strange order. We have one named plr_hightower.cfg in \orangebox\tf\cfg to set the time for both teams to 10 seconds, but now it's stuck at instant, since we changed it in tf2_respawn.cfg.
igotfits
Old 10-22-2013 , 17:06   Re: [TF2] Respawn System
Reply With Quote #356

added this plugin, didnt mod anything else, just dropped it in. while ingame i saw the tags update and seen "respawntime" pop up, doesnt that automatically remove me from quickplay? i dont want to get removed from quickplay how can i mod this so i can have the 10second respawn times and not get removed from quickplay.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-22-2013 , 17:16   Re: [TF2] Respawn System
Reply With Quote #357

Quote:
Originally Posted by igotfits View Post
added this plugin, didnt mod anything else, just dropped it in. while ingame i saw the tags update and seen "respawntime" pop up, doesnt that automatically remove me from quickplay? i dont want to get removed from quickplay how can i mod this so i can have the 10second respawn times and not get removed from quickplay.
See: Valve's Policy of Truth.
Old 11-09-2013 , 03:44   Re: [TF2] Respawn System
Reply With Quote #358

Found a bug you might want to squash. Spies can't cloak with this plugin running.
pndemc
Old 11-16-2013 , 14:28   Re: [TF2] Respawn System
Reply With Quote #359

Wozer can you please update the first post? It took me awhile to figure out that /cfg/tf2_respawn.cfg even existed. Not only is it not mentioned in the first post but you even suggest adding the cvars to server.cfg which gets over ridden.
xMEGAxnothing
Old 02-08-2014 , 10:09   Re: [TF2] Respawn System
Reply With Quote #360

But it's still not instant. How do ya make it instant? I tried making it 0 but the deathcam thingy and I don't wanna on sv_cheats 1