Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Admin assassin

Post New Thread Reply   

Plugin Info:     Modification:   ALL        Category:          Approver:   GHW_Chronic (70)
pixel3
Old 02-02-2006 , 11:20   Admin assassin
Reply With Quote #1

Code:
/* AMX Mod X *   Admin Assassin * * (c) Copyright 2006 by solo^ * * This file is provided as is (no warranties) * *     DESCRIPTION *       Plugin allows to set assassin mode on players. If assassin mode *       is enabled then target will have lower gravity, faster speed and no *       footsteps. Target will also be invisible for other players. * *     CVARS *       - as_rendering 1=ON; 0=OFF; If set to 0 player will be completely invisible *       or if set to 1 player will be almost invisible... hard to see. *       - as_gravity (%) - gravity of the assassin (this is percentage of current *       gravity set on server. e.g. if your server gravity is set to 800 and you set *       this value to 40 then assassin will have 160 gravity) - default is 40 * *     MODULES *       amxmodx *       amxmisc *       engine *       fun */

Special thanks
*Peole who helped me here
*and here

This is my first plugin so some feedback would be nice Dont flame me but you could give me some tips how to do things different or how to optimize this plugin. Criticism helps too, I guess.

Updates
- Added cvar to select between two invisibility modes
- Changed register_event's
- Added new cvar to set gravity
Attached Files
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (amx_assassin.sma - 8469 views - 5.3 KB)
Old 02-02-2006 , 11:28  
Reply With Quote #2

Not bad at all for your first. It's actually pretty good coding.

The only thing I don't like is that it just feels a bit redundant, there's many other plugins like this that do the same thing or something very similar, but under a different name.
Old 02-02-2006 , 14:36  
Reply With Quote #3

Well, I didnt find anything I would have fun to mess around with. I used to have just invisibility plugin but I wanted something more. So I made a little request for this plugin, but nobody didnt want help me so I thought I'll read the manual and see if I can do this myself. And I must say it was quite easy with some help And I also thought that I could share it with others... maybe someone finds it useful.... ;)
Old 02-02-2006 , 19:03  
Reply With Quote #4

Code:
public client_disconnect(id) {
	assassin[id] = 0
}

Good call disabling it when the person leaves.

Do you mean completely invisible or just harder to see like in WC3FT?

If it is completely invisible, I would suggest making it like a ghost like in WC3FT's human race..This would probably make it an all around more welcoming plugin to a server...Just my thoughts, hope they help.
Send a message via AIM to SweatyBanana Send a message via Yahoo to SweatyBanana
pixel3
Old 02-03-2006 , 02:46  
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweatyBanana
I would suggest making it like a ghost like in WC3FT's human race..This would probably make it an all around more welcoming plugin to a server...Just my thoughts, hope they help.
I could make it changeable by cvar.... I'll add this later.
Old 02-03-2006 , 02:54  
Reply With Quote #6

Code:
register_event("CurWeapon", "set_speed", "be", "1=0") register_event("ResetHUD", "set_abilities", "be")
->
Code:
register_event("CurWeapon", "set_speed", "be") register_event("ResetHUD", "set_abilities", "b")
What am I doing these days? Well, I run my own Rust server. It's heavily modded. If you'd like to join, the ip is 167.114.101.67:28116

I also created a website called Rust Tools. It will calculate and tell you the raw amounts of resources needed to craft items.
pixel3
Old 02-03-2006 , 11:10  
Reply With Quote #7

Updated.
Old 02-03-2006 , 11:49  
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by v3x
Code:
register_event("CurWeapon", "set_speed", "be", "1=0") register_event("ResetHUD", "set_abilities", "be")
->
Code:
register_event("CurWeapon", "set_speed", "be") register_event("ResetHUD", "set_abilities", "b")
What's the point?
I recommeded him to add that condition - it's a performance tip.
Also as far as i can see he need only alive hud reset.
pixel3
Old 02-03-2006 , 12:01  
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEN
What's the point?
I recommeded him to add that condition - it's a performance tip.
Also as far as i can see he need only alive hud reset.
I didnt read yor post in Scripting Help before. I was busy getting this invisibility cvar to work. Had a problem with it. I'll change it back. I dont know much about this register_event or anything else actually. I'm very new to this. Started scripting 2 days ago.
Old 02-04-2006 , 10:58  
Reply With Quote #10

Pretty cool ill test it out