Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

SourceBans 2.0 Alpha (2013/09/04)

Post New Thread Reply   

FlyingMongoose
Veteran Member
Old 09-02-2013 , 11:26   Re: SourceBans 2.0 Public Preview (2013/07/01)
Reply With Quote #141

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik V View Post
This is a feature request:

Allow adding an admin for a limited time. Like we do with a ban;
something like the following

sb_addadmin <name> <group> <time>

sample: sb_addadmin dude root 10080

dude gets full admin for 1 week

Where after "time" has elapsed the admin will have the flags set to none, so they are still in the admin list and can be reactivated w/o having to re-add them. It would also be nice if their group was automatically changed to "deactivated admins group" or something similar as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XuluniX View Post
I hope they won't add it because all the "pay to get admin" servers are mostlyabove average unplayable for players because the the paymins ban you for "cheating".
If you want to host such a server, deal with SB like it is, implet the feature and make a pull request on github or write your own plugin for sourcemod
As Xulunix said, sourcebans 2 has plugin interfaces for both sourcemod plugin and web panel. This would not be implemented into the core application. A party would have to implement it.

Only ask for support in plugin threads.

TunedChaos.com - Precision Tuned Game Servers
Erik V
Old 09-02-2013 , 22:15   Re: SourceBans 2.0 Public Preview (2013/07/01)
Reply With Quote #142

Just because a feature is available does not necessitate its use. Why leave out a feature and reduce the functionality of an application; a server operator will use that feature on a server you would not play on anyway, but 1000's of others do. It facilitates the method by which many, many servers monitor and control admin access, which is what this program is about. As I mentioned earlier, the ability to do this should be available, but not necessary, as leaving the time parameter out will just make an admin permanent, allowing those operators who do not wish to employ this feature the freedom to ignore it.

Last edited by Erik V; 09-02-2013 at 22:17.
Dr. McKay
Sir Dr. SourceMod Plugin Approver Esq. Ltd. M.D. PhD
Old 09-02-2013 , 22:40   Re: SourceBans 2.0 Public Preview (2013/07/01)
Reply With Quote #143

Quote:
Just because a feature is available does not necessitate its use. Why leave out a feature and reduce the functionality of an application; a server operator will use that feature on a server you would not play on anyway, but 1000's of others do. It facilitates the method by which many, many servers monitor and control admin access, which is what this program is about. As I mentioned earlier, the ability to do this should be available, but not necessary, as leaving the time parameter out will just make an admin permanent, allowing those operators who do not wish to employ this feature the freedom to ignore it.
It has no place in SourceBans core. However, SourceBans 2 has a rather extensive SourcePawn and PHP API, so it wouldn't be terribly difficult to implement your own system to do this.
Old 09-03-2013 , 11:40   Re: SourceBans 2.0 Public Preview (2013/07/01)
Reply With Quote #144

Currently the only ways to temporarily disable admins are to delete them, or take away their groups, which both seem kind of harsh. If people want to disable admins manually we'll have to add a database field anyway, so what are the arguments against adding a simple expires time field? Or at least an active/inactive field.

It's just a small feature, and also allows for a central place for game and web plugins to disable admins.

Last edited by DJ Tsunami; 09-03-2013 at 11:55.
FlyingMongoose
Veteran Member
Old 09-03-2013 , 12:31   Re: SourceBans 2.0 Public Preview (2013/07/01)
Reply With Quote #145

Quote:
I pointed out the Core, it doesn't mean a feature can't exist, it means it will not be developed or maintained by the sourcebans team themselves as part of the core package. SourceBans 2, as McKay above has stated has a very extensive plugin system. Apart from the core basics of the system (ban management, admin management, server management and features associated directly there in) there is no purpose in adding anything to the core.

For example, Per-Server Banning and Per-Server admins are both part of SB2 (weren't in 1.x), but a temporary admin system would not be something core to the application.

Also in designing applications you go efficiency first, too many functions/features in the core creates a bloated application, the ability to modulate applications and plugins (as SB2 provides) allows for a smaller scale application and a far more efficient system.

It's like Mani Admin Tool or even way back Beetlesmod vs. SourceMod, personally I prefer SourceMod because if I don't want a feature, I can take it out, if I do want a feature, I can add it in.

As Tsunami said a data field modification can be done though. Make -1 indefinite?

Only ask for support in plugin threads.

TunedChaos.com - Precision Tuned Game Servers

Last edited by FlyingMongoose; 09-03-2013 at 12:32.
Dr. McKay
Sir Dr. SourceMod Plugin Approver Esq. Ltd. M.D. PhD
Old 09-03-2013 , 12:56   Re: SourceBans 2.0 Public Preview (2013/07/01)
Reply With Quote #146

It'd be neat to see a system for modules to store data inside the SourceBans database. Something similar to Clientprefs.

PHP Code:
native SB_SetData(const String:key[], const String:value[]);
native SB_GetData(const String:key[], String:value[], maxlen); 
This could be used to store an admin's expiration time.
Old 09-03-2013 , 14:02   Re: SourceBans 2.0 Public Preview (2013/07/01)
Reply With Quote #147

I searched the thread but couldn't find anything about teambans.

Is this something you are concidering adding to the core of sourcebans? Or is it something that has to be build as a module afterwards?
DJ Tsunami
DJ Post Spammer
Old 09-03-2013 , 14:07   Re: SourceBans 2.0 Public Preview (2013/07/01)
Reply With Quote #148

What are teambans? Or did you mean SteamBans?
Groger
Veteran Member
Old 09-03-2013 , 14:26   Re: SourceBans 2.0 Public Preview (2013/07/01)
Reply With Quote #149

No, teambans like banning someone from a team. Usefull in jailbreak and maybe even other gamemodes.
Rytis
Veteran Member
Old 09-03-2013 , 14:30   Re: SourceBans 2.0 Public Preview (2013/07/01)
Reply With Quote #150

I think he means something like that: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1544101