Originally Posted by vman315
2) Yes, it's a CVAR. One of the problems I have with this plugin is that it's not easy to add new sounds. In a server I have set up to test this, all of my fastDL files are served from ~/public, and the addons folder for sourcemod is in ~/steamcmd/tf/tf/addons/sourcemod. I placed the music for the dispensers in ~/public/sound/dispenser, so the value of this cvar was "../../../../../public/sounds/dispenser/". The sound folder's not in addons/sourcemod, but it can be if you set it to that. I really want to modify this so that it's easier to use, but I have no idea on how to do this. Suggestions?
3) Yes, it's a CVAR, and it's relative to the usual tf/sounds. This is mainly for the client, so that it downloads the sound file, and so that it plays the sound files.
4) This is true, but I wrote that with the understanding that they did have the sound downloaded, which is usually not the case. You are right, then, in the normal case, but in the case that I said, it would also require a server map change (I think) in order to precache the sounds.
5) To the whole server, and I did think about adding a command to choose the sounds. I might implement that, and it defaults to a random sound.
6) In the game, it's not that loud, but if you have a suggestion on how to fix
that, let me know. If you watched the video, though, you'll note that the sound is attached to the dispenser, and as you move away from it, the sound diminishes.
7) Somewhat, but more generalized for everyone's use.