[TF2] Gravestone Markers - Updated 10/29/2013

Post New Thread Reply   

friagram
Veteran Member
Old 05-10-2013 , 07:49   Re: [TF2] Gravestone Revenge Markers - 5/6/2013
Reply With Quote #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyric View Post
what game have you been playing? tf2 has degraded into a very sad community starting about 3 years ago. now its all about being obnoxious and overly agresive to people and to throw your fandom in the face of everyone all the time no exception. the more vile you can be about your fandom the better because its edgy and totally cool now. this is exactly tf2's style of humor now, unless youve been under a rock the past 3 yeas
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2VV84NjvwU

the cfg is there for you to use it.
I could have left it blank =S

Anyways, all of these are meant to be jokes. "the ponies" are actually neuter, so there's no actual rape possible.
Many of those things are probably inside jokes or, niche things anyways. I'll remove them in the next update... in a bit, and you can have just the generic ones... I guess?

Edit:
Edited the rape line, it's now just died violently. I assume violence is ok, it's a game with blood.
Left in the ran fast and died a virgin line, it's in the game.
Removed community specific quotes (this was just our private plugin / file, didnt' really pay too much attention too the lines when uploading)

Generic stuff > Tf2 Stuff > King's Quest stuff > Ponies Stuff
and stuff.
feel free to post more, a better/well rounded list would be cool for everyone.

Updated version on main page.

Last edited by friagram; 05-10-2013 at 08:34.
lyric
Veteran Member
Old 05-10-2013 , 08:41   Re: [TF2] Gravestone Revenge Markers - Updated 5/10/2013
Reply With Quote #22

are you going to ever do the annotations instead of hud text for this? or was that not a possible?
Old 05-10-2013 , 08:43   Re: [TF2] Gravestone Revenge Markers - Updated 5/10/2013
Reply With Quote #23

They only support one line I think. I know how to do it (spawn them to show/hide appropriately) however, them only showing 1 line is a downside, because there's too much information. I could spawn two of them, one below another.. but when you go far from the site, they would get huge and overlap (i think)

If i can do it, without it looking crappy, i'll spawn 2 or so.
otherwise
i'll add convar to spawn every death, revenge, and domination.

Last edited by friagram; 05-10-2013 at 08:47.
lyric
Veteran Member
Old 05-10-2013 , 08:46   Re: [TF2] Gravestone Revenge Markers - Updated 5/10/2013
Reply With Quote #24

ah, well it was worth a shot i guess. "here lies player" would have been a good one liner to use as its more fitting imo. thanks anyways
Old 05-10-2013 , 08:59   Re: [TF2] Gravestone Revenge Markers - Updated 5/10/2013
Reply With Quote #25

Hmm, the annotations were working, and everyone has been seeing them on our servers, but i'm not seeing them with this version... mabye this version is incorrect or the id is too high, i'll lookin into it.
seems like it can do newlines, so i'll try.

edit:
I got it working with newlines, so it can do 2-3 line stuff, dunno why it wasn't working earlier, mabye i was just tired and used the wrong slash =T. I'll get rid of the hud and use the annotations. Right now i've got it setup so that when one spawns in your proximity it shows you their name by it for 5 seconds, and if you hover over it directly, it shows the multiline quote. When you look away, or leave the range, the annotation goes away. Anyway, we tested it for a long time and it seemed to work good. I've also got something similar that uses annotations in another mod, and that hasn't had any problems.

I'll have to make convars for stuff like... dominations/kills/revenges and min times etc. can do tomorrow/later today.

Last edited by friagram; 05-10-2013 at 13:54.
friagram
Veteran Member
Old 05-11-2013 , 04:46   Re: [TF2] Gravestone Revenge Markers - Updated 5/11/2013
Reply With Quote #26

Updated to add annotations, and more configuration options.
lyric
Veteran Member
Old 05-11-2013 , 10:42   Re: [TF2] Gravestone Markers - Updated 5/11/2013
Reply With Quote #27

dude annotaions look sick as all thanks for adding that!
Old 05-11-2013 , 16:30   Re: [TF2] Gravestone Markers - Updated 5/11/2013
Reply With Quote #28

i know this might be overkill, but add 4th option in the txt (damage) so in saxton hale for instance, people that die with 0 damage can get a text like "noob did no damage" and above 1000 damage "pro player" or something like that.

Just an idea.
Veteran Member
Old 05-11-2013 , 17:26   Re: [TF2] Gravestone Markers - Updated 5/11/2013
Reply With Quote #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by snelvuur View Post
i know this might be overkill, but add 4th option in the txt (damage) so in saxton hale for instance, people that die with 0 damage can get a text like "noob did no damage" and above 1000 damage "pro player" or something like that.

Just an idea.
This is beyond the scope of this plugin. There is no real way that this plugin would be able to track damage on its own ... in any reliable manner.

It would be possible to add natives/forwards to allow other plugins to add custom lines and such (so vsh/ff2 or whatever could integrate it's own phrases), but it's not really worth it, as so few people would know how/bother to use them. And even then, the phrases would have to be sent from the other plugin or something, so it would probably just be easier to do some weird custom version of this one, and tweak it to work with your plugin in the way you want it to.

If you want to do something like that, I would suggest ordering the phrases from least to most severe.. and then just rounding their damage to percent done (from the boss) to your threshold, and translating that to an array index (so phrase 0 = they did nothing, and phrase 50 = they are amazing)

Last edited by friagram; 05-11-2013 at 17:29.
Rainicorn
Old 05-11-2013 , 17:43   Re: [TF2] Gravestone Markers - Updated 5/11/2013
Reply With Quote #30

Friagram, you always have such unique and fun ideas for plugins, and you clearly put a lot of work into keeping them updated following feedback. I really appreciate the visual changes with the text bubble accompanying the tombstones now. Thank you for all of the work that you continue to put into this and all of your other mods!