[ANY] Unrestricted FOV
Allows players to choose their own FOV settings, even if their desired FOV is outside of the game's normal bounds. FOV settings are stored in Clientprefs.
Players can choose their FOV setting by typing !fov <number>
. To reset to their client's FOV setting, players should just type !fov
This is only tested in TF2 but should work in all games.
This plugin is capable of modifying a player's field of view (FOV) beyond the normal limits that the game sets. While this plugin will not
trigger a VAC ban, third-party anti-cheat solutions may mistakenly ban players who use this plugin to set their FOV. I was unable to trigger a SMAC ban using this plugin, but you may want to test it yourself prior to installing it.
- ufov_version - plugin version
- ufov_auto_update - enables automatic updating (has no effect if Updater is not installed), defaults to 1
- ufov_min - minimum value a player can choose for their FOV, defaults to 20
- ufov_max - maximum value a player can choose for their FOV, defaults to 130
Put unrestricted_fov.smx into /addons/sourcemod/plugins, and reboot your server or type "sm plugins load unrestricted_fov" into your console or rcon.
. The plugin will be auto-updated according to your Updater settings. It'll work without Updater.
Download Plugin (unrestricted_fov.smx)
- v1.2.0 (5/29/13)
- Custom FOV is no longer reset after teleporting.
- v1.1.0 (5/12/13)
- Players' FOVs are no longer reset when exiting a sniper scope
- v1.0.0 (4/19/13)
View Source (unrestricted_fov.sp)
Requires updater.inc, mckayupdater.sp, and easy_commands.inc to compile.