Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

looking for talented server admin

Post New Thread Reply   

Skyy
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-10-2013 , 14:05   Re: looking for talented server admin
Reply With Quote #21

The page template @ http://crunchservers.com hasn't even been fully set up yet.
I'm not sure why, but in the time I've known him, he's gone through setting up a group and gsp and then shutting it down and disappearing for long stretches of time, then repeating the process, several times.
nogata
Old 04-10-2013 , 14:26   Re: looking for talented server admin
Reply With Quote #22

Sky wants to talk shit so lets let somethings flow here Sky 1 will approch you to get his servers setup and will he will help you setup this and that and hey he will also develop some mods for you. you hold up your end and full fills nothing on his end the kid is all about him self and yes i use the word kid because he act's like a child i was warned about him from 3 other community leaders i still gave him a chance word of warning never use sky for anything ever.

now on to the crunchservers.com issue yes the cosmetics are not finished mo is finishing them as i type but the entire back end is finished full auto support system client panel's etc we did not setup a gsp back when me and sky were working together it was purely servers and we ran a diffrent model back then based on pinion and as result's go they were great our l4d2 servers were amazing our 159 MVM servers filled every day. but back on to sky oh yeah never could get his server to last more than 5 minutes.

thanks for reply sky

Last edited by nogata; 04-10-2013 at 14:27.
Skyy
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-10-2013 , 15:15   Re: looking for talented server admin
Reply With Quote #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by nogata View Post
Sky wants to talk shit so lets let somethings flow here Sky 1 will approch you to get his servers setup and will he will help you setup this and that and hey he will also develop some mods for you. you hold up your end and full fills nothing on his end the kid is all about him self and yes i use the word kid because he act's like a child i was warned about him from 3 other community leaders i still gave him a chance word of warning never use sky for anything ever.

now on to the crunchservers.com issue yes the cosmetics are not finished mo is finishing them as i type but the entire back end is finished full auto support system client panel's etc we did not setup a gsp back when me and sky were working together it was purely servers and we ran a diffrent model back then based on pinion and as result's go they were great our l4d2 servers were amazing our 159 MVM servers filled every day. but back on to sky oh yeah never could get his server to last more than 5 minutes.

thanks for reply sky
Don't get me wrong, everyone. I'm not talking shit about the author, but I think everyone should be aware that he
is a shady character. First, he deflected the comment, which pretty clearly points out what I am saying is true.
Second, if you're considering getting involved, consider this:
He started up a group called MIC; Military Industrial Complex, defunct website , steamgroup
He threw up a bunch of MvM servers with pinion, with the intention of making some money, and was selling game
servers really cheap. When the MvM hits died down, his website became inaccessible, and he disappeared.
Now he's back with a new website offering the same things that mic-gaming.com offered.
Don't take my word for anything, let history, and the evidence pretty much help you to make a decision.

A few things about me that anyone should know, which will discredit his deflection.
1. I ran my own community, and have my own domain (skyrpg.org) which is tied to a private box that I own that isn't
associated with any game server provider, or shared with anyone else, and it isn't something I'm "renting."
2. I've been installing my own game servers since 1996 (Quake One). In no way would I ever need someone else to
do it for me, and before having this box, was maintaining a server sponsored by the Nuclear Fallout Gaming Community.
3. I have not worked with other communities. At one point, I considered it, with ElitePowered, but he made requests
asking for no-steam support, ways to cheat Pinion, auto invite scripts, etc., and I said no, and decided not to take part.
Whatever community leaders that he believes he is referring to, he is talking out of his butt; I've made no deals with other
communities, or with him. On the rare occasion that someone wants private L4D2 plugins developed, I generally point
back to Panduh, letting him know there's a project that I just don't have time to develop. Other developers have also
been gracious enough to take up work I've developed (such as mini-money) so, clearly my reputation isn't that scarred.
4. When Nogata came out of hiding, he added me, telling me he had a big project with the "potential to make a lot of money"
and asked if I wanted to be involved. I said no, and deleted him, and he just spammed friend requests, so I blocked him on
steam. The actions depict him as a child, if anyone.
5. My left4dead2 server reboots daily at 9am PST, and doesn't crash. I've taken numerous screenshots, where server uptime
is displayed, see here for an example of how long my servers stay up, on average.

"We did not set up a gsp back when..." Thankfully, google still has it archived when they were selling servers through
MIC-Gaming.com.

Thank you google.

Last edited by Skyy; 04-10-2013 at 15:22.
minimoney1
SourceMod Donor
Old 04-10-2013 , 15:26   Re: looking for talented server admin
Reply With Quote #24

Quote:

thanks for reply sky
I see that you're avoiding his argument. Are you saying that you have actually scammed multiple people when you ran your old hosting service? I don't also see why you're trying to insult Skyy and his abilities instead of defending yourself against his arguments. I would also like to add on that this thread is a generally useless thread. Quality admins will almost never be gotten by posting in a thread like this. The known members and developers will probably either already own their own community, are a part of another one, or just totally do not want to be associated with anything of that sort. And let's say I'm really interested in your community... well, by reading Skyy's post, I've become discouraged completely of you and your community. I'm not trying to bash this thread or insult you; I'm just trying to give you some tips if you're looking to have a successful community (which I assume you don't, referring back to Skyy's post).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rp.KryptoNite View Post
For some reason his Plugin never worked for me ,
@credits were added
im not stealing any plugins dude its my THING

Last edited by minimoney1; 04-10-2013 at 15:26.
nogata
Old 04-10-2013 , 15:35   Re: looking for talented server admin
Reply With Quote #25

Not a single thing in this thread even points to scamming. there is nothing that needs to be defended he says i came out of hiding yet my steam account says an entire other story ts 3 thats been linked to tr3ad.com has been up and running the whole time we are an open book simple as that. not a single $ was taken from a person while mic-gaming.com was running it was there as a place holder for the community while we developed our servers. we simply turned to only left 4 dead 2 and tf2 servers. so where the scam portion came in is beyond me. and oh yeah im a "shady character" get off it. anyone who has dealt with me when it comes to all the servers are still down except skyy.

Last edited by nogata; 04-10-2013 at 15:35.
nogata
Old 04-10-2013 , 15:37   Re: looking for talented server admin
Reply With Quote #26

and to your point of "Quality admins will almost never be gotten by posting in a thread like this" i have had 6 admins just from this thread including skyy but you were right 1 out 6 times.

Last edited by nogata; 04-10-2013 at 15:38.
Dr. McKay
Sir Dr. SourceMod Plugin Approver Esq. Ltd. M.D. PhD
Old 04-10-2013 , 15:39   Re: looking for talented server admin
Reply With Quote #27

I don't know enough about this situation to comment, but I can say that if you want people to side with you (or buy from you), you might want to learn how to speak properly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchservers.com
Quick setup for all the planse

Last edited by Dr. McKay; 04-10-2013 at 15:40.
nogata
Old 04-10-2013 , 16:41   Re: looking for talented server admin
Reply With Quote #28

mckay thats the standard text on the template its all cosmetic from the temp i was more worried about the back end and were not even open for business the email was given for people to contact no need to shut down the site just trying to find some more people who would like to have some power over how the community server will be run and to meet community needs not looking to sell servers to anyone or hire anyone looking for people who like to build community's
Dr. McKay
Sir Dr. SourceMod Plugin Approver Esq. Ltd. M.D. PhD
Old 04-10-2013 , 16:56   Re: looking for talented server admin
Reply With Quote #29

Quote:
mckay thats the standard text on the template its all cosmetic from the temp i was more worried about the back end and were not even open for business the email was given for people to contact no need to shut down the site just trying to find some more people who would like to have some power over how the community server will be run and to meet community needs not looking to sell servers to anyone or hire anyone looking for people who like to build community's
While your unfinished site is concerning, I was talking more about your forum posts.
Old 04-10-2013 , 18:09   Re: looking for talented server admin
Reply With Quote #30

My intention here was not to flame, nor to start drama. I simply felt that other people may want to know the experience I had with their dealings in the past. However, if there are community owners who have an issue with me, I would appreciate hearing about it. To my knowledge, I have not developed or offered to develop for other communities.

Nogata, if you want to be taken seriously with running a community, or a game server provider, it's essential that you make an attempt to use proper grammar, both on your site and on forum posts. Even if the improper grammar is the result of the base template, you should probably correct it before the site is publicly accessible. Since there's no physical attachment on-line, your presentation is how people associate and determine opinions, so a nice and clean presentation is essential. The points made in my post appear to be valid, though, as they have not been refuted, which can possibly be considered alarming.