Dr. McKay
Sir Dr. SourceMod Plugin Approver Esq. Ltd. M.D. PhD
Old 03-28-2013 , 21:17   Re: Translation Project Website
Reply With Quote #51

I can't login now.

Old 03-28-2013 , 21:54   Re: Translation Project Website
Reply With Quote #52

McKay,

It looks like the database just timed out. I just tried logging in and it didn't have any problems. Could you try logging in again?
Dr. McKay
Sir Dr. SourceMod Plugin Approver Esq. Ltd. M.D. PhD
Old 03-28-2013 , 22:44   Re: Translation Project Website
Reply With Quote #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebDestroya View Post
McKay,

It looks like the database just timed out. I just tried logging in and it didn't have any problems. Could you try logging in again?
Works now. Thanks.
Old 03-28-2013 , 22:48   Re: Translation Project Website
Reply With Quote #54

Cool. Sorry about that.
nergal
Veteran Member
Old 10-30-2015 , 23:56   Re: Translation Project Website
Reply With Quote #55

how about allow unicode so I can program in Greek?
Old 12-05-2015 , 23:36   Re: Translation Project Website
Reply With Quote #56

What do you think about this? I think I can port this to other source games too, not just tf2

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=275431
dustinandband
Old 09-02-2020 , 12:56   Re: Translation Project Website
Reply With Quote #57

Kudos on keeping the website alive and fully responsive after 7 years. My group is definitely going to find this useful.

Suggestion:

Our server config is managed by 3 developers and a GitHub repo for the server config.

It would be convenient if you could add specific users as owners to a "group" of plugins. Our group might be called "Survival Network Translations", for example. And that's where we would keep all our translation files and have them managed by 3+ separate users.

Benefits:

1)
If a developer adds a new phrase to an existing translation file (or creates a new file for a new plugin), he doesn't need to ask the owner of the translation file (via the website) to make edits or add a new file. He can simply do it himself.
2)
This would eliminate the issue of having seperate translation files under different user's profiles, if someone decided to upload a new translation file under their personal account. Right now I have 6 plugins under my name but it would be inconvenient for a seperate user to start adding plugins from our server config under his name. It's easier to see all the plugin phrase files listed in 1 place
3)
You could have translators who are responsible for overlooking certain languages. Maybe you'd want 2 chinese translators: every time a phrase gets translated to chinese the other translator can look over the changes and make any edits in case there was a mistake somewhere.

If you end up implementing this - it might also be convenient to be able to assign roles:
"Owner" status users could do anything with the files, including deleting the file, deleting a Phrase, or renaming a phrase.
"Translator" status woudn't have permission to delete files or remove/rename Phrases. But they can edit a language translation if it needs rewording.

Optional side-suggestions

Toggleable setting: Only allow translations from clients with a permission status (Translator, or Owner).

Toggleable setting: After a random user makes a translation, someone with a permission status must OK it for it to be added.
Would look like this within the website (listed under translations):
Phrases awaiting approval:
"es" "test test test"

(Noticed some non-english translations in English when browsing through plugins.)

Edit:
Some after thoughts:

1)
Spoiler

2)
Spoiler

Last edited by dustinandband; 09-02-2020 at 13:28. Reason: after thoughts
iGANGNAM
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-02-2022 , 04:35   Re: Translation Project Website
Reply With Quote #58

forum alliedmoders login not working

also it's not showing all phrases just because they don't have all languages, why?

Last edited by iGANGNAM; 02-02-2022 at 04:35.