Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Plugin(s) not playing nice with loading screens

Post New Thread Reply   

ChromeAngel
Old 12-22-2012 , 05:46   Plugin(s) not playing nice with loading screens
Reply With Quote #1

Hi, i'm the coder of the warhammer 40k themed Source SDK Base 2007 mod Exterminatus (EX). EX includes a loading screen for each of mods mission based maps, to give new players an overview of that mission is while the map loads. During the intermission between the end of the round and changing the map my mod sets the console variable sv_nextlevel and uses a game event to tell the clients to prepare their loading screens. EX the changes level to the sv_nextlevel.

Without plugins this works fine, players see the loading screen for the map that they are about to play. With plugins such as RTV or the random map cycle it does not go so well, the players see a loading screen for a completely different map, assume EX is laughably broken and never come back

Can you guys give me any guidance on how I can make my loading screen work better with these plugins?
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 12-22-2012 , 11:25   Re: Plugin(s) not playing nice with loading screens
Reply With Quote #2

This is the intended functionality of SourceMod's nextmap plugin (overrides the game's mapcycle in order to let plugins manipulate it). This plugin maintains a list of mission-based games (namely the L4D series) it shouldn't load on, but as your mod doesn't have 1st-party support it's not included in the list.

You also might want to rename sv_nextlevel to nextlevel at some point (and make sure the client only reads the name from there rather than duplicating it anywhere), this way map changes forced by SourceMod will at least have the correct loading screen once we implement support for setting that (required for CS:GO).
Old 12-25-2012 , 05:35   Re: Plugin(s) not playing nice with loading screens
Reply With Quote #3

So, just to be sure i've understood you. The nextmap plugin doesn't currently set any convars, but will set "nextlevel" in the next release?

That sounds like it might work for EX. I'll change to using nextlevel for the next release of EX then.