Monthly Target: $400 Donations: $348
 87% 

[EXTENSION][Any?] PointDetour


Post New Thread Reply   
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
KyleS
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Segmentation Fault.
Old 05-03-2012 , 21:00   Re: [EXTENSION][Any?] PointDetour
Reply With Quote #11

Updated OP with a proper inc and changed back to const.

Return > Plugin_Continue to block the ServerCommand.

Huge thanks again to Dr!fter for the Windows build!

Last edited by KyleS; 05-03-2012 at 21:01.
KyleS is offline
Impact123
SourceMod Donor
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Germany
Old 05-04-2012 , 06:02   Re: [EXTENSION][Any?] PointDetour
Reply With Quote #12

This will definitely be useful at some point, thank you for this
Yours sincerely
Impact
__________________
I will probably refuse to answer you if you quote my whole post
AutoExecConfig | CallAdmin | More plugins | Donate

Last edited by Impact123; 05-04-2012 at 06:02.
Impact123 is offline
GoD-Tony
Veteran Member
Join Date: Jul 2005
Old 05-04-2012 , 15:40   Re: [EXTENSION][Any?] PointDetour
Reply With Quote #13

Out of curiousity, can multiple commands be executed from the same entity at the same time?

Example:
Code:
point_servercommand -> say Enjoy the map!;say Haha;quit
__________________
GoD-Tony is offline
KyleS
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Segmentation Fault.
Old 05-04-2012 , 15:47   Re: [EXTENSION][Any?] PointDetour
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoD-Tony View Post
Out of curiousity, can multiple commands be executed from the same entity at the same time?

Example:
Code:
point_servercommand -> say Enjoy the map!;say Haha;quit
I'd expect that to work, but I can't say for certain.
KyleS is offline
Dr!fter
SourceMod Developer
Join Date: Mar 2007
Old 05-04-2012 , 19:00   Re: [EXTENSION][Any?] PointDetour
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoD-Tony View Post
Out of curiousity, can multiple commands be executed from the same entity at the same time?

Example:
Code:
point_servercommand -> say Enjoy the map!;say Haha;quit
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleS View Post
I'd expect that to work, but I can't say for certain.
Id think so. All it does is engine->ServerCommand. You can easily test to make sure with sourcemods ServerCommand since afaik that's the same.
__________________
Like my work? Donate!
Dr!fter is offline
GoD-Tony
Veteran Member
Join Date: Jul 2005
Old 05-05-2012 , 02:56   Re: [EXTENSION][Any?] PointDetour
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleS View Post
I'd expect that to work, but I can't say for certain.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr!fter View Post
Id think so. All it does is engine->ServerCommand. You can easily test to make sure with sourcemods ServerCommand since afaik that's the same.
It works with ServerCommand so I'll assume that map authors could be doing the same.
__________________

Last edited by GoD-Tony; 05-05-2012 at 02:57.
GoD-Tony is offline
lovely
New Member
Join Date: Nov 2012
Old 12-15-2012 , 03:15   Re: [EXTENSION][Any?] PointDetour
Reply With Quote #17

Unable to load extension "PointDetour" what's wrong?
lovely is offline
KyleS
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Segmentation Fault.
Old 12-15-2012 , 04:13   Re: [EXTENSION][Any?] PointDetour
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovely View Post
Unable to load extension "PointDetour" what's wrong?
Probably a lot of things, which engine/game/OS?

Last edited by KyleS; 12-15-2012 at 04:13.
KyleS is offline
GoD-Tony
Veteran Member
Join Date: Jul 2005
Old 01-11-2013 , 09:44   Re: [EXTENSION][Any?] PointDetour
Reply With Quote #19

Unfortunately this extension requires a specific Windows sig for every game. Would you be willing to take a different approach to achieve the same thing?

This method borrows gamedata from SDK Tools to hook AcceptInput for every point_*command entity that gets created: http://pastebin.com/JWUAYWmh

I'm not sure yet if it'll require separate engine builds, but you wouldn't have to do much updating (if any) after the first release.
__________________
GoD-Tony is offline
berni
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Austria
Old 01-11-2013 , 11:38   Re: [EXTENSION][Any?] PointDetour
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoD-Tony View Post
Unfortunately this extension requires a specific Windows sig for every game. Would you be willing to take a different approach to achieve the same thing?

This method borrows gamedata from SDK Tools to hook AcceptInput for every point_*command entity that gets created: http://pastebin.com/JWUAYWmh

I'm not sure yet if it'll require separate engine builds, but you wouldn't have to do much updating (if any) after the first release.
I think you shouldn't rely on core gamedata files, as they can change at anytime.
__________________
Why reinvent the wheel ? Download smlib with over 350 useful functions.

When people ask me "Plz" just because it's shorter than "Please" I feel perfectly justified to answer "No" because it's shorter than "Yes"
powered by Core i7 3770k | 32GB DDR3 1886Mhz | 2x Vertex4 SSD Raid0
berni is offline
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 14:28.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Theme made by Freecode