Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[Solved] This game conflicts with the games already installed in that directory.

Post New Thread Reply   

MasterOfTheXP
Veteran Member
Old 04-27-2012 , 15:16   [Solved] This game conflicts with the games already installed in that directory.
Reply With Quote #1

Getting that when I try to update my mini-server to the latest TF2 update.

I also got the same error when trying to update CS:S two days ago. I figured that I got the error because I haven't updated the game in what must have been a year...re-installed it to a completely different directory...and the newly installed server just quits after starting.

And now, I'm getting the same error for TF2. Wat do?

Last edited by MasterOfTheXP; 04-27-2012 at 16:42.
Bacardi
Veteran Member
Old 04-27-2012 , 16:15   Re: Can't Update: This game conflicts with the games already installed in that direct
Reply With Quote #2

Have you installed both source game-mods in same directory ??
D:\srcds

You need install separate.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-27-2012 , 16:16   Re: Can't Update: This game conflicts with the games already installed in that direct
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfTheXP View Post

Getting that when I try to update my mini-server to the latest TF2 update.

I also got the same error when trying to update CS:S two days ago. I figured that I got the error because I haven't updated the game in what must have been a year...re-installed it to a completely different directory...and the newly installed server just quits after starting.

And now, I'm getting the same error for TF2. Wat do?
I haven't gotten this error before, but my first instinct would be to rename or delete HLDSUpdateTool's InstallRecord.blob. It should be in the same directory as HLDSUpdateTool.exe. Then try to update again. This will force it to rebuild its install record, which hopefully will make it stop being confused about which game is installed.

On a side note, if you're installing to the same directory that hldsupdatetool is in, you can specify . as the directory (that's a single period).

Last edited by Powerlord; 04-27-2012 at 16:18.
MasterOfTheXP
Veteran Member
Old 04-27-2012 , 16:41   Re: Can't Update: This game conflicts with the games already installed in that direct
Reply With Quote #4

Oooh.

I googled when trying to fix the CS:S server and what I found said to delete InstallRecord.blob, I did that and forgot to revert the change after it didn't work.

I just restored my old InstallRecord, and now it's happily installing the update. Thanks!