Plugin Category:
General Purpose
Plugin Game:
Team Fortress 2
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:
    Plugin Description:
    Fixes several TF2 bugs and exploits.
    Old 03-18-2012 , 13:12   [TF2] TF2Fix (1.4.8_01, June 20 2014)
    Reply With Quote #1

There are quite a few bugs in Team Fortress 2. Don't you wish that Valve would take a quick break from adding new hats in order to make a "fix everything" update? ...Heh, yeah, that's pretty improbable. But let's say they did do that. How would it go? Get a little idea of how it'd be in a world without with much less bugs with TF2Fix!

TF2Fix fixes just about everything that can be fixed server-side in TF2; weapon logic, certain sounds, and unused/incorrect kill icons. (Also see here for client-side fixes!)

A sampling of some of the oldest and easiest fixes added to the plugin, better video coming Eventually™:

LIST OF FIXES

General Bugs
    • Fixed taunting players completing their taunts while dead (e.g. Bat taunt, Minigun taunt)
    • Fixed Mann vs. Machine Tanks continuing to play their bomb deploy sound after being destroyed
    • Fixed players being able to call for MEDIC! with the Equalizer/Escape Plan active as a class other than Soldier
    • Fixed hits on UberCharged players being labeled as Critical Hits
    • Fixed bots sometimes being able to move while taunting
    • Fixed players being able to spray their spraypaint image immediately after respawning
    • Fixed players being able to send metal craft notices to the server, to prevent "PLAYER has crafted: Scrap Metal" spam
    • Fixed the Halloween taunt override being applied (or not applied) to some weapons incorrectly (requires TF2Attributes)
    Scout
    • Fixed the Flying Guillotine's bleed damage being able to critically hit
    • Fixed Soda Popper and Baby Face Blaster meters being interchangeable
    • Fixed the Scout's Home Run taunt kill not filling the Baby Face's Blaster's Boost meter
    • Fixed the Fan O'War's marked for death status not being removed by resupply lockers
    • Fixed Bonk! not being useable by taunting
    Soldier
    • Fixed the Rage meter not being reset when switching banners
    • Fixed Soldiers who swapped away from the Cow Mangler while it was charging being slowed down
    • Fixed the Original's draw sound not playing to the client using it
    • Fixed the Beggar's Bazooka being able to be overloaded during Humiliation
    Pyro
    • Fixed the Detonator sounding like the Flare Gun when firing crits
    • Fixed Pyros not being able to hear their Scorch Shot's firing sound while taunting
    • Fixed the Phlogistinator's Mmmph not being useable with less than 20 ammo
    Demoman
    • Fixed Demomen using the Eyelander collecting the heads of Bazaar Bargain Snipers that they killed
    • Fixed the Eyelander's Heads meter showing an incorrect value above 127 heads
    Heavy
    • Fixed Tomislav Heavies blowing their own cover ("I HAVE NEW WEAPON!")
    Engineer
    • Fixed an exploit with the Gunslinger where the user could store combo-punches
    • Fixed being able to teleport to a sapped Teleporter Exit using the Eureka Effect
    • Fixed Engineers being stuck momentarily after high fiving
    • Fixed the Pomson 6000's projectiles having ridiculously large hitboxes
    • Fixed Engineers saying thanks when taking their own Teleporter
    • Fixed Teleporters' recharge times being reset when upgraded
    • Fixed an exploit where Engineers using the Eureka Effect could teleport faster than usual
    • Fixed the Pomson's projectiles passing through buildings and becoming invisible
    Medic
    • Fixed Taunt: The Meet the Medic spawning doves in water, where they made loud sounds
    • Fixed an exploit where a Medic could keep the Quick-Fix Uber sound playing on a patient
    • Fixed a rounding error in the Vitasaw's Uber-maintaining
    Sniper
    • Fixed the Bazaar Bargain's Heads meter not rising above 6
    • Fixed lit Huntsman arrows not being extinguished by water
    Spy
    • Fixed Spies being able to pick up Intelligence while disguised using Your Eternal Reward
    • Fixed the Diamondback awarding guaranteed crits for backstabbing invulnerable players
    • Fixed backstabs not behaving properly on servers with tf_weapon_criticals set to 0
    • Fixed taunting Dead Ringer Spies not getting their cloak activated when hit
    • Fixed Spies not hearing the "resource drain" sound when being hit with the Pomson 6000 while cloaked
    • Fixed Dead Ringer status being unknown in thirdperson or with viewmodels disabled
    Kill Icons
    • Fixed deflected Cow Mangler lasers not having a kill icon
    • Fixed some Huntsman kill icons not showing
    • Fixed the Boston Basher's and Three-Rune Blade's kill icons not showing for suicides
    • Fixed the Sydney Sleeper being able to score headshot kills while crit-boosted
    • Fixed the kill icon for a Wrangler-controlled Sentry's rocket being that of a level 3 Sentry
    • Fixed a missing kill icon for deflecting baseballs
    • Fixed a missing kill icon for deflecting cleavers
    • Fixed a missing kill icon for the Detonator when the user detonates a deflected flare on themselves
    Disabled by default
    • Fixed an exploit where players could taunt on top of a Teleporter which was then destroyed, continuing their taunt while being able to move - possible crashes? probably not? maybe. someone please test (requires TF2Attributes)
    • Fixed the Bazaar Bargain falsely incrementing the Heads meter when tf_weapon_criticals is 0 - seems to be buggy
    • Fixed the Baby Face's Blaster Boost meter never reaching 100% - "Recharge" chime plays, which might be why Valve made it work that way.
    • Fixed Demomen being able to guarantee a melee crit at any range - It may or may not be a bug.
    • Fixed being able to move using self-damage right before a round starts - Probably intentional, but brought back as opt-in by request
    • Fixed the Demoman charge sound being clipped by the weapon crit sound" ~Valve; but now, actually fixed! - Sort of. Most of the time, the sound will be stopped, and a different charging sound will play.
    • Fixed Bonk! being unusable for half of a minute if the user failed to complete the drink animation (ledges, airblasted, etc.) - Very unstable fix; your mileage may vary
    • Want to enable some of these red opt-in fixes? See the INSTALLATION section.

DOCUMENTED CHANGES
    (Fixed the fix not fixing)
    Click to see ->

THANKS (AND HAVE FUN) TO
    • FlaminSarge for a few fixes (most notably the Gunslinger exploit fix), early optimization of the plugin, stuff, and things
    • Veccy and 1101 0100 on SPUF for this list, placing many many bugs from the whole game into one single list for easy access
    • Everyone posting bugs/fix-bugs/feedback in this thread
    • Valve for their broken, FUBAR, unbalanced hat-war simulator; I wouldn't have made this plugin if I didn't like it so much
    INSTALLATION
    • Download tf2fix.smx (don't click Get Plugin) and install it into tf/addons/sourcemod/plugins/.
    • Confusing yet? Just download tf2fix.smx; the plugin won't compile on the forum due to TF2Attributes. Sorry for any confusion caused.
    • If your server's running, either type sm plugins load tf2fix into the server's console/rcon, or change maps.
    • (Optional) If you don't like some of the above fixes (or do want the ones in red, which are disabled by default) load up the plugin, edit tf/cfg/sourcemod/tf2fix.cfg to your liking, and then exec sourcemod/tf2fix.cfg through server console.
    • 2ez!
    Attached Files
    File Type: smx tf2fix.smx (34.0 KB, 1480 views)
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (tf2fix.sp - 971 views - 64.3 KB)

Last edited by MasterOfTheXP; 08-01-2014 at 13:12. Reason: Reorganized the list a bit. Removed Exploits section, and bolded rather important fixes instead.
    Powerlord
    AlliedModders Donor
    Old 03-18-2012 , 13:23   Re: [TF2] TF2Fix 1.0
    Reply With Quote #2

Not to nitpick, but there's one thing I noticed in that list that has to be addressed right now.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MasterOfTheXP View Post
    Fixed taunting Dead Ringer Spies not getting their cloak activated when hit
    The Dead Ringer isn't supposed to be active when a Spy is taunting. This was an intentional change by Valve.

It was to fix the issue where Spies could unfairly kill enemy players using their knife taunt while under the Dead Ringer's effect.

Last edited by Powerlord; 03-18-2012 at 13:24.
    MasterOfTheXP
    Veteran Member
    Old 03-18-2012 , 13:28   Re: [TF2] TF2Fix 1.0
    Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post
    The Dead Ringer isn't supposed to be active when a Spy is taunting. This was an intentional change by Valve.

It was to fix the issue where Spies could unfairly kill enemy players using their knife taunt while under the Dead Ringer's effect.
    This plugin doesn't let them keep taunting, though. When it cloaks the Spy, it stops his taunt.
    Old 03-18-2012 , 14:11   Re: [TF2] TF2Fix 1.0
    Reply With Quote #4

Hey Master!
    tinykid112
    Old 03-18-2012 , 14:12   Re: [TF2] TF2Fix 1.0
    Reply With Quote #5

I need your help man!
    MasterOfTheXP
    Veteran Member
    Old 03-18-2012 , 14:23   Re: [TF2] TF2Fix 1.0
    Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
    Originally Posted by tinykid112 View Post
    Hey Master! I need your help man!
    I messaged you back, but next time either keep it in PMs or on the Boss Battles thread.
    Old 03-18-2012 , 20:06   Re: [TF2] TF2Fix 1.0
    Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MasterOfTheXP View Post
    • Fixed backstabs not playing critical sounds and dealing critical damage on servers wtih random critical hits disabled
    You are my hero! If you fix backstab animation you will become my GOD ^^

Last edited by Lanc; 03-18-2012 at 20:12.
    Powerlord
    AlliedModders Donor
    Old 03-18-2012 , 20:14   Re: [TF2] TF2Fix 1.0
    Reply With Quote #8

Just looked at the code for a sec after a person I was talking to mentioned its timers...

There's a serious need for optimization in the millisecond timer (which is actually every tenth second, not millisecond). I see repeated calls to TF2_GetPlayerClass(z) and GetEntPropEnt(z, Prop_Send, "m_hActiveWeapon"). These really should be called once and have their values stored in a variable.

For that matter, TF2_GetPlayerClass returns an enum value, so it can be used in a switch statement.
    Veteran Member
    Old 03-18-2012 , 20:24   Re: [TF2] TF2Fix 1.0
    Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post
    Just looked at the code for a sec after a person I was talking to mentioned its timers...

There's a serious need for optimization in the millisecond timer (which is actually every tenth second, not millisecond). I see repeated calls to TF2_GetPlayerClass(z) and GetEntPropEnt(z, Prop_Send, "m_hActiveWeapon"). These really should be called once and have their values stored in a variable.

For that matter, TF2_GetPlayerClass returns an enum value, so it can be used in a switch statement.
    I didn't think that repeatedly calling those was so bad, but I guess I can change 'em. The timer's called "millisecond" because I've never seen the terms "centisecond" or "decisecond" used anywhere.
    SourceMod Donor
    Old 03-19-2012 , 05:39   Re: [TF2] TF2Fix 1.0
    Reply With Quote #10

Did you update any localization strings?