Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

ModelMoshMod v0.4b -- Updated for amxx 1.71

Post New Thread Reply   

Plugin Info:     Modification:   Counter-Strike        Category:   Fun Stuff        Approver:   Johnny got his gun (102)
Ronkkrop
Old 05-08-2004 , 00:54   ModelMoshMod v0.4b -- Updated for amxx 1.71
Reply With Quote #1

This plugin allows you to have custom models for counterstrike. You must set up an ini file which will be explained later.

NOTE: I DO NOT UPDATE THIS PLUGIN ANY LONGER!!!!!!
DO NOT BOTHER ANYBODY IN THE IRC CHANNELS,. There are many other custom player model plugins. Should you have problems with this, use theirs instead as im sure its updated and far easier to use. This was developed as a proof of concept, nothing more.

*********************************UPDATED MAY 10, 2006*********************************

Install
----------
**IMPORTANT: READ INSTRUCTIONS!!!!**
First, pick the player model you want to use. If, for example, the player's model file name is "omoh.mdl" it must be placed in the correct directory as follows:

[cstrike]
-->[models]
-->[player]
-->[omoh]
+omoh.mdl

so:
cstrike/player/omoh/omoh.mdl

if you fail to put it in the right place, the plugin will not function.

Now for the ini file. At present, the ini file is not forgiving, you must not have blank spaces anywhere. if you want a commented line or blank line, place a ";" (without the quotes) as the first character of the line. The ini file does not currently accept blank lines.

*NEW FEATURE*
Admins can now pick default t and ct models which all players are forced to use. This feature is set in the config file, and again is not forgiving. in the config file you must specify wheather you want the feature on or off ( 1 or 0 ). It must be the first un-commented line of the ini file. The code in that whole function is really sloppy, so anybody using it as an example, cover your eyes at that part. it could be///Should be done far better, but this is another shotgun release to stop a swarm of kids asking me how to get this plugin working with *the new version*.

ini file format:
;the first uncommented line should be the team default models option
"0/1" "Terrorist Model" "Counter Terrorist Model"
;you may have comments between.
"STEAM_ID" "Terrorist Model" "Counter Terrorist Model"

An example ini file may look something like this:
Code:
;comments allowed here
"1" "DefaultT" "DefaultCT"
"STEAM_ID_0:32165446" "ModelTerrorist" "ModelCT"
"STEAM_ID_0:54754457" "Clown" "StealthGign"
The file must be called "amx_mmm.ini", and placed in the amxx config folder. Note that this ini file is not forgiving. If you make a mistake in model name, you're server will not load, with a "missing file: $path$" prompt. Later versions will resolve this problem.

If any bugs are noticed, please post here with the problem, but do not post about the following:

-Server crash -- This has been resolved to the usage of a VIP model. Do not use VIP models as either CT or T model choices.

Usage
--------

amx_CustomModels 1/0
+ 1 on, 0 off (i hope thats simple enough )

NOTE: Player Model files can be rather large, i recomend using sv_downloadurl if at all possible, and try to minimize the amount of custom models.

----------------------------
Released Version History
----------------------------
0.4b -- May 10, 2006
+Added support for team default models
+changed config file to match PhilSliderS config file system (it's better!)
+built for version 1.71

0.3b -- Aug 16, 2004
+Added cvar "amx_CustomModels" to stop the plugin easier
+Fixed a bug whereby only T models worked.
+Repacked the zip file to make it easier to use.

0.2b -- May 8, 2004
+Functional with ini file
Attached Files
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (amx_mmm.sma - 6620 views - 3.8 KB)

Last edited by ConnorMcLeod; 09-18-2011 at 16:30. Reason: Removed .amxx file
Send a message via ICQ to Ronkkrop Send a message via AIM to Ronkkrop Send a message via MSN to Ronkkrop Send a message via Yahoo to Ronkkrop
Burnzy
Veteran Member
Old 05-08-2004 , 01:01  
Reply With Quote #2

ehh, doesnt seem such a great tutorial... and i really dont like it if u ask me
Old 05-08-2004 , 03:31   alright then...
Reply With Quote #3

Thanks for the input, and telling me that you dont like the idea. Very thoughtful jk. Actually, i wrote this plugin for my clan, we wanted to have custom models for anybody in the clan, and thought there may be other clans out there wanting the same thing.
Send a message via ICQ to Ronkkrop Send a message via AIM to Ronkkrop Send a message via MSN to Ronkkrop Send a message via Yahoo to Ronkkrop
lobstah
Old 05-08-2004 , 04:53  
Reply With Quote #4

hey man cool idea. Spastic Child made us some psycho hossie models. Is there a way we can make client see and hear the customs rather than than the default ones? That would kick dick.
check em out: http://www.specialskool.waistdeepine...uk/hossies.jpg
But on custom maps w/custom hossies (girl ones) we would wanna leave them as is.
Send a message via MSN to lobstah
Ronkkrop
Old 05-08-2004 , 06:08   ...yeah
Reply With Quote #5

assuming those models are counterstrike models, they can be installed serverside, and people can use them. Since the config file is a pain in the ass to make, i will be making config file generator for this plugin.
Burnzy
Veteran Member
Old 05-08-2004 , 08:55  
Reply With Quote #6

wait so if anyone comes in with the steamid said, they will use the models?

I would of thought anyone who comes in server has to use the models specified.
Old 05-08-2004 , 10:03  
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
assuming those models are counterstrike models, they can be installed serverside, and people can use them. Since the config file is a pain in the ass to make, i will be making config file generator for this plugin.
Maybe if within the zip you added the files and placed in correct directories? Why not include a model? We could run your setup to start then try adjusting after we got to work.
Send a message via MSN to lobstah
Ronkkrop
Old 05-08-2004 , 11:36   ...
Reply With Quote #8

Its not that difficult to use in the first place. Read the instructions, if you still dont understand, then pm me. If i then agree with you, ill add the files to my zip in their correct structure.
Ronkkrop
Old 05-08-2004 , 11:39  
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnzy
wait so if anyone comes in with the steamid said, they will use the models?

I would of thought anyone who comes in server has to use the models specified.
Nope. Only for specific steamID's. This allows more then the standard 8 models to be running at the same time.

Later, the plugin will have an ini file with public models(menu driven) as well as closed (steamid based) models.
Burnzy
Veteran Member
Old 05-08-2004 , 11:53  
Reply With Quote #10

yah cuz a lot of people use wierd skins and sm are hacking ones... so if u make it so all people have to use the skins.

Much better