Original image was lost thanks to Imageshack, if someone could take a screenshot of the beacon effect for me as I no longer have a Lo-Fi Longwave, that'd be swell.
Some of you may have seen the original Lo-Fi Beacon plugin, created by Nightgunner5
. Some of you probably haven't seen it.
For those of you who have seen the thread/plugin:
The plugin he created was broken and didn't work. So I ended up fixing it. I posted the fixed version, plus a modified version, in the thread and left a message for Nightgunner5, stating that he could use my fixed & modified versions of his plugin, and add his own features to it. However, he hasn't been online in quite some time, so I think it's about time that I post an updated, tricked out version of the plugin.
For those of you who haven't seen the thread/plugin:
Nightgunner5's original version was made to only display the beacon effect when the KritzKast crew was recording a show. The beacon effect was brilliant, but the whole "only appears when they're recording" thing was a tad gimmicky. When I fixed his version, I made a second version that added the beacon effect at all times.
This plugin is an enhanced version of that second version I made, with the beacon effect being displayed at all times.
- lofi_beacon_red - Controls the red value of the beacon's RGBA. (Default: 69)
- lofi_beacon_green - Controls the green value of the beacon's RGBA. (Default: 97)
- lofi_beacon_blue - Controls the blue setting of the beacon's RGBA. (Default: 141)
- lofi_beacon_alpha - Controls the alpha setting of the beacon's RGBA. (Default: 255)
- lofi_beacon_radius - Controls the radius of the beacon effect. (Default: 24.0)
- lofi_beacon_interval - Controls the amount of time in seconds between each effect. (Default: 1.5)
- Download lofi_beacon_deluxe.smx
- Place the file in sourcemod/plugins folder.
- Set up the ConVars in your server.cfg file
- Load the plugin up ingame via RCON (rcon sm plugins load lofi_beacon_deluxe.smx)
- Coming up with such an awesome plugin. Shame it was broken though ;_;
- His L4D(2) Laser Tag plugin
's source code was a huge help when it came to properly implementing ConVars for changing the RGBA values of the beacon effect. In particular, it was the way he had set up the Laser Colour ConVars that helped me solve the dilemma.
Bugs? Errors? Suggestions? Comments?
If you encounter any bugs, or notice any errors in your error logs stemming from this plugin, please post a reply and include as much information about the bug, or the full error listing from your logs, so I can fix this if necessary!
As for comments or suggestions, again, just post a reply! I won't bite