Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Anti Speedhack v1.8 : Discontinued

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

DarkSnow
Old 10-13-2005 , 19:44  

v1.5, now introducing a menu (*tadaa*)
This should make things alot safer. And i think i found out where the nasty bug were. Admins should now be able to safely teleport teams etc. No bans will automaticly be administrated.

Edit:
Quote:
Tip: Since speedhacking normally keeps you on the ground, you should check if the person is on the ground the whole time also.
Yea, that would deal with the problem of being banned from falling. Nice tip, thnx.
Veteran Member
Old 10-13-2005 , 20:08  

You should use log_amx instead of printing it just to admins, so that the server will have a record of this.
DarkSnow
Old 10-13-2005 , 20:16  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith77
You should use log_amx instead of printing it just to admins, so that the server will have a record of this.
Yea well nobody is perfect and im rather lazy

I will fix this along with checking for jumpflagg in v1.6 which i will uppload later today or possibly the day after. Its on the todo list now atleast
Old 10-14-2005 , 14:44  

Said and done, the plugin now saves log entries and also works without admins having to be online - but it then kicks speedhackers instead of banning them to minimize the risk of having banned innocent players.
Old 10-14-2005 , 19:52  

Quote:
Originally Posted by EKS
@DarkSnow

Its good to see give nice credits and a plugin like this would be nice if it could be done very safely.
There is a insane amount of things that can go wrong or interfere with admin speedhack detector plugin. I mean even a simple thing like a admin slap on a open place.
Not to mention a LARGE range of map entities that can effect player speed and even teleport him. Offcourse there is a even larger range of server side plugins that messes with this all.
I personaly think you should make the plugin log instead, perhaps have it inform admin on the server.

At a minimum please update the first post, and at least post in a proper way that this plugin WILL most likely cause false bans atm. You cant realy expect admins to understand how everything is linked together ( maps and plugins and lag and so on).
It happen more then on time that the server i had my beta speedhack detector would change map. And ban mostly everyone, and if a plugin does things like this its not realy for the public.
I think i have fixed most of this. I guess i were a bit to quick with my initial post of anti speedhack, my bad sorry

As of right now i had the script enabled on my server (and still have), tg.servegame.com:27015 - and it havent kicked or banned anybody today, exept for myself when at random times tried speedhacking. I tested both as admin and as normal user, when admin it opens a menu askin for action - if normal user it allows me to speedhack alot more "to be sure" - then kicked + logged.

Can anybody confirm that it does not longer randomly ban people?
Veteran Member
Old 10-15-2005 , 02:19  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sambuccaboy
What's about people who "roll the dice" and win the "race car" will they also be caught
Good point - what's about this? I really would like to run this plugin on our server to prevent speedhacking - but without managing the speedhackprotection AND the "race car" there is no way for us - RTD is a tight component of our server-live :-(

Any Chance?

Cheers, Curry
Old 10-15-2005 , 02:26  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryking
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sambuccaboy
What's about people who "roll the dice" and win the "race car" will they also be caught
Good point - what's about this? I really would like to run this plugin on our server to prevent speedhacking - but without managing the speedhackprotection AND the "race car" there is no way for us - RTD is a tight component of our server-live :-(

Any Chance?

Cheers, Curry
I will look into it and hopfully might find a solution. Though, this might require some modification to the "roll the dice" plugin to allow identification on who has the racecar.

Do you have any link to the exact plugin of roll the dice you are using? If memory serves, i have seen a bunch of different ones here.
Veteran Member
Old 10-15-2005 , 03:33  

Always using the latest ones ;-). Actually: Klick me

Thx for support!

Cheers, Curry
Old 10-15-2005 , 03:48  

Hm.. I wont jump the gun on this one. Its possible, but as i said i may need to modify the "RTD" plugin in order to identify which players who have racecars... unless..... Anyone here on the forum could tell me any secrets about retreving values between plugins

Edit:
Btw, i just had my first speedhacker online at the server and the script identified him perfectly. Only problem were that when i through the menu banned him, the bloody pluggin banned me instead Major screwup in the code

I have taken care of that problem now.

Edit #2:
Tried the plugin on aim_ak_colt_pool, where when jumping from the big tower down into water - kinda long way - didnt register as speedhacking.. Thus we can now i guess safely assume you wont be having any problems with jumping/falling or slapping people. You have to fly quite fast from ct-spawn at dust2 -> long -> t-spawn - dark before banned. However, the more often you speedhack the more alert value you recive, ultimatly captures speedhackers that dont 100% uses the speedhack.
Veteran Member
Old 10-15-2005 , 17:35  

Also a way of dectecting if they are using a plugin for faster speed would be to use get_user_maxspeed() and if its been increased through a plugin. if not then he is hacking.
Send a message via AIM to Xanimos Send a message via MSN to Xanimos
Closed Thread