Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Anti Speedhack v1.8 : Discontinued

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

DarkSnow
Old 10-13-2005 , 08:56  

Finaly, i have got it stable. If anybody tries it id be more then glad to recive some feedback on how it works, if you have any problems with it etc.
Veteran Member
Old 10-13-2005 , 09:14  

What about teleporting and such? o_o
What am I doing these days? Well, I run my own Rust server. It's heavily modded. If you'd like to join, the ip is 167.114.101.67:28116

I also created a website called Rust Tools. It will calculate and tell you the raw amounts of resources needed to craft items.
DarkSnow
Old 10-13-2005 , 09:38  

Quote:
Originally Posted by v3x
Nope, would not work all that well, but who on earth plays cs maps with teleports? Some funmaps i know have teleports, but this is more intended for the bundled maps i guess.
Veteran Member
Old 10-13-2005 , 09:52  

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSnow
Quote:
Originally Posted by v3x
Nope, would not work all that well, but who on earth plays cs maps with teleports? Some funmaps i know have teleports, but this is more intended for the bundled maps i guess.
Admin teleporting...
v3x
Veteran Member
Old 10-13-2005 , 09:59  

And/or WC3 human teleporting.
What am I doing these days? Well, I run my own Rust server. It's heavily modded. If you'd like to join, the ip is 167.114.101.67:28116

I also created a website called Rust Tools. It will calculate and tell you the raw amounts of resources needed to craft items.
DarkSnow
Old 10-13-2005 , 09:59  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geesu
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSnow
Quote:
Originally Posted by v3x
Admin teleporting...
Ah, nice one... I were thinking about that actualy. I cant say that i have any easy fix for it right now.. The problem is that speedhackers move quickly, whitch is the pattern to identify em with... Some negative consequenses would be that teleporting people would equal to ban.

Another way around would be to milder up the script so that it wont automaticly ban suspects, but rather save a loggfile and report id/nick to admins - otherwise if no admins are online noone could have used the teleport command.

I'l put it on my todo list so that it will know if a admin is online, if true inform admins else kick/ban

Edit:
You are welcome to try it out at my server if you would like to try it before possibly using it on your own servers.

tg.gameserve.com:27015

bind a key to "+speed2" and hold that key for speedhacking.
Veteran Member
Old 10-13-2005 , 11:10  

I like your idea of logging a speedhacker like this

Code:
L TimeDate Bla <Jon><><STEAM_ID:I:AM:1337> Possible Speedhack !

Another thing, if an admin is there, you could bring up a menu giving them options to things to the possible speed hacker

Code:
WARNING: Detected possible speedhack on CLIENT: Jon 

1. Ban
2. Ignore
3. Spectate
EKS
Veteran Member
Old 10-13-2005 , 14:23  

@DarkSnow

Its good to see give nice credits and a plugin like this would be nice if it could be done very safely.
There is a insane amount of things that can go wrong or interfere with admin speedhack detector plugin. I mean even a simple thing like a admin slap on a open place.
Not to mention a LARGE range of map entities that can effect player speed and even teleport him. Offcourse there is a even larger range of server side plugins that messes with this all.
I personaly think you should make the plugin log instead, perhaps have it inform admin on the server.

At a minimum please update the first post, and at least post in a proper way that this plugin WILL most likely cause false bans atm. You cant realy expect admins to understand how everything is linked together ( maps and plugins and lag and so on).
It happen more then on time that the server i had my beta speedhack detector would change map. And ban mostly everyone, and if a plugin does things like this its not realy for the public.
Veteran Member
Old 10-13-2005 , 15:59  

It has a meaningful purpose, but it simply cannot be 100% effective.

Tip: Since speedhacking normally keeps you on the ground, you should check if the person is on the ground the whole time also.

DarkSnow
Old 10-13-2005 , 16:18  

Thanks alot for the feedback everyone, i especialy liked the:
Quote:
WARNING: Detected possible speedhack on CLIENT: Jon

1. Ban
2. Ignore
3. Spectate
You have also absolutely right. I fell asleep about 9-10 hours ago but had my server up (without vac). Looks like it banned everyone

Anyone have any suggestions on where the problem might be?