Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Notepad++ AlliedModders Edition (unsupported for now)

Post New Thread Reply   

ot_207
Veteran Member
Old 01-26-2012 , 03:54   Re: Notepad++ AlliedModders Edition
Reply With Quote #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
I prefer Notepad++ over Pawn Studio regardless of the things that Pawn Studio can do that Notepad++ can't . . . wait, is there anything that PS can do that NP++ can't?
One feature that I can think of is the ability of parsing the includes, which I find it very very useful, the only problem is that this makes the program unstable which is a shame.

In np++ you worked to create a xml file with all the includes. If you create your own custom includes you will always need to work again and again.

I know that np++ has a lot more features when it comes to code editing (ex: marks all the variables that have the same name with the one you have selected, a more advanced search system), though I don't know if these features are enough to replace the bigger one that I specified.

I am curious, maybe I don't know all the advantages, what features do you find incredibly useful that makes you prefer np++ over pawn studio/amxx studio.

Back, will come around when I have time.
Arkshine
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 01-26-2012 , 13:57   Re: Notepad++ AlliedModders Edition
Reply With Quote #62

Quote:
but I think that they can be fixed
So, you are working on it and going to continue the project ? Because as it is, such software is fairly unusable.
Old 01-26-2012 , 23:12   Re: Notepad++ AlliedModders Edition
Reply With Quote #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by ot_207 View Post
One feature that I can think of is the ability of parsing the includes, which I find it very very useful, the only problem is that this makes the program unstable which is a shame.

In np++ you worked to create a xml file with all the includes. If you create your own custom includes you will always need to work again and again.

I know that np++ has a lot more features when it comes to code editing (ex: marks all the variables that have the same name with the one you have selected, a more advanced search system), though I don't know if these features are enough to replace the bigger one that I specified.

I am curious, maybe I don't know all the advantages, what features do you find incredibly useful that makes you prefer np++ over pawn studio/amxx studio.
Well, I use it for much more than just writing plugins. One feature that I've come to love is the Regex search and replace. I don't use it for plugins but for parsing one time large files without writing a php script it's great. The one thing that has gone missing for some time is the Hex Editor which I wish someone would make.

There are sometimes that I even use it for things that I can't do in Microsoft Excel.
Old 01-27-2012 , 04:27   Re: Notepad++ AlliedModders Edition
Reply With Quote #64

You have a plugin for that : http://sourceforge.net/projects/npp-..._5_UNI_dll.zip
Old 01-27-2012 , 19:09   Re: Notepad++ AlliedModders Edition
Reply With Quote #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkshine View Post
I swear I found somewhere that it said it was unstable. Do you have this running on yours? Also, it's not in the plugin manager. I figured this also meant it wasn't supported/stable.
Old 01-28-2012 , 05:06   Re: Notepad++ AlliedModders Edition
Reply With Quote #66

You're right, it's in the unstable list in the plugin manager. Though, you can read : "Stability: Some reported issues, however many bugs fixed in latest release". So I guess it's worth to try it.
Old 01-28-2012 , 15:49   Re: Notepad++ AlliedModders Edition
Reply With Quote #67

Quote:
You're right, it's in the unstable list in the plugin manager. Though, you can read : "Stability: Some reported issues, however many bugs fixed in latest release". So I guess it's worth to try it.
Well, it hasn't changed versions for years so that's why I ask. I put it in there and it seems to work "Ok".
Old 01-28-2012 , 18:19   Re: Notepad++ AlliedModders Edition
Reply With Quote #68

Quote:
So, you are working on it and going to continue the project ? Because as it is, such software is fairly unusable.
I will try in the near future after I maintaign some of my plugins.
After I will start working on it, I will also need the community support in testing the editor .

Back, will come around when I have time.
acrimonious
Old 01-31-2012 , 08:28   Re: Notepad++ AlliedModders Edition
Reply With Quote #69

I guess ill give this a dl
hleV
Veteran Member
Old 02-03-2012 , 11:48   Re: Notepad++ AlliedModders Edition
Reply With Quote #70

I can't change the "DEFAULT" text color. I want it black and it's some sort of gray. Changing other colors ("PREPROCESSOR", etc.) works fine (although I don't wanna change them). Changing "DEFAULT" color for other languages works fine.