Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Release Legacy SourceBans 1.4.11 (Updated 2014/02/17)

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

404UserNotFound
BANNED
Old 01-27-2012 , 07:19   Re: SourceBans 1.4.9 (Updated 2011/11/18)

Ok so my host added the missing lib files and such.

But now I'm getting this error ;_;

L 01/27/2012 - 07:08:14: [sourcebans.smx] Database failure: [2002]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2). See FAQ: http://www.sourcebans.net/node/20

My game server and database/site are on the same box, and there was a warning about that...but this seems to be different, something to do with some "sock" file.

i r not gud wit dis sql st00f.

Last edited by 404UserNotFound; 01-27-2012 at 07:23.
checkster
BANNED
Old 01-28-2012 , 09:26   Re: SourceBans 1.4.9 (Updated 2011/11/18)

A question regarding "Enable Friends Banning" how exactly does this work ?
Cause if I add group banning I get the feature in the mysite/index.php?p=admin&c=bans.
But the friends feature do not appear there, so is that a feature that do not work ?
Or does it work in a diff way than group bans ?
Like if I ban myself and a friend tries to connect he gets added to the ban list ?
Veteran Member
Old 01-28-2012 , 14:32   Re: SourceBans 1.4.9 (Updated 2011/11/18)

Hey, I'm wondering if I could get some minor assistance regarding Sourcebans. I currently have multiple game-servers running on one physical server so I have multiple Server IDs to assign to a single sourcebans.cfg. Is there any easy way around this?

Thank you to any who can offer some solution.

Last edited by 11530; 01-29-2012 at 10:11. Reason: Changed file name typo
Horsedick
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-28-2012 , 15:28   Re: SourceBans 1.4.9 (Updated 2011/11/18)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11530 View Post
Hey, I'm wondering if I could get some minor assistance regarding Sourcebans. I currently have multiple game-servers running on one physical server so I have multiple Server IDs to assign to a single database.cfg. Is there any easy way around this?

Fire up each server from within a different game directory..each instance from its own location. That's the only way you will get around that and other problems.
checkster
BANNED
Old 01-28-2012 , 19:47   Re: SourceBans 1.4.9 (Updated 2011/11/18)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11530 View Post
Hey, I'm wondering if I could get some minor assistance regarding Sourcebans. I currently have multiple game-servers running on one physical server so I have multiple Server IDs to assign to a single database.cfg. Is there any easy way around this?

Server id's go here /cstrike/addons/sourcemod/configs/sourcebans/sourcebans.cfg
Not in the database.cfg
PHP Code:
        // This is the ID of this server (Check in the admin panel -> servers to find the ID of this server)

"1"        "1" 
So basically same database.cfg on all servers then just assign the id in the sourcebans.cfg

Last edited by checkster; 01-28-2012 at 19:49.
Peace-Maker
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 01-29-2012 , 03:40   Re: SourceBans 1.4.9 (Updated 2011/11/18)

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkster View Post
Server id's go here /cstrike/addons/sourcemod/configs/sourcebans/sourcebans.cfg
Not in the database.cfg
PHP Code:
        // This is the ID of this server (Check in the admin panel -> servers to find the ID of this server)

"1"        "1" 
So basically same database.cfg on all servers then just assign the id in the sourcebans.cfg
That's basically right, but the key for the ServerID has to stay the same:
PHP Code:

"ServerID"        "1" 
Quote:
A question regarding "Enable Friends Banning" how exactly does this work ?
Cause if I add group banning I get the feature in the mysite/index.php?p=admin&c=bans.
But the friends feature do not appear there, so is that a feature that do not work ?
Or does it work in a diff way than group bans ?
Like if I ban myself and a friend tries to connect he gets added to the ban list ?
Enabling that feature adds a new option to the banlist next to each ban in the slidedown. You'll be able to ban all friends of a banned player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abrandnewday View Post
Ok so my host added the missing lib files and such.

But now I'm getting this error ;_;

L 01/27/2012 - 07:08:14: [sourcebans.smx] Database failure: [2002]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2). See FAQ: http://www.sourcebans.net/node/20

My game server and database/site are on the same box, and there was a warning about that...but this seems to be different, something to do with some "sock" file.

i r not gud wit dis sql st00f.
Try setting the "host" field in your databases.cfg from "localhost" to "127.0.0.1". This still points to the same machine, but uses the IP protocol instead of the direct socket one.
If that fails, ask your host to create a symlink of the mysql.sock in the directory in the error: /tmp/mysql.sock
Old 01-29-2012 , 04:39   Re: SourceBans 1.4.9 (Updated 2011/11/18)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace-Maker View Post
Enabling that feature adds a new option to the banlist next to each ban in the slidedown. You'll be able to ban all friends of a banned player.
Thanks. Last time I added it I did not see it, so I got worried that it was a auto feature that banned all friends of the user.
Got it working this time.
Veteran Member
Old 01-29-2012 , 10:10   Re: SourceBans 1.4.9 (Updated 2011/11/18)

Quote:
Problem is Checkster, that all 3 servers use the same sourcebans.cfg file.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsedick View Post
Fire up each server from within a different game directory..each instance from its own location. That's the only way you will get around that and other problems.
I was hoping not to have to use separate game-folders due to the ease of updating/editing combined servers as one.

Is there absolutely no way around this, or possibly to add a feature to allow multiple IDs from IPs instead (maybe via the fact they all come from different ports e.g. 27015-27017)?

Edit: After searching around, the argument, +sm_basepath addons/sourcemod2 may be a half-solution to my problem but would still mean editing/updating each SourceMod folder separately for every plugin update (unless I used symlinks which would probably introduce new problems).

Last edited by 11530; 01-29-2012 at 10:31.
DJ Tsunami
DJ Post Spammer
Old 01-29-2012 , 16:27   Re: SourceBans 1.4.9 (Updated 2011/11/18)

Please read http://wiki.alliedmods.net/Multiple_...rs_(SourceMod). SourceMod doesn't support multiple servers running from one installation, so neither will SourceBans. That page even mentions symlinks as a solution, but you probably shouldn't symlink the data, configs, gamedata and logs folders.

Last edited by DJ Tsunami; 01-29-2012 at 16:27.
Veteran Member
Old 01-29-2012 , 19:14   Re: SourceBans 1.4.9 (Updated 2011/11/18)

Yea I did read that earlier Tsunami. I'll just be symlinking the plugins folder for now, and use the +mm_pluginsfile addons/metamod/metaplugins1.ini +sm_basepath addons/sourcemod1 arguments for separate SM installs. Seems to work well enough for my needs after a few soft/hard links here and there. Maybe one day TF2 will be like L4D in running true forked servers.

Thanks for your assistance.

As for the SourceBans plugin, keep up the excellent work guys! It's absolutely a fine piece of work.

Edit:
Whilst I'm here, I want to point out a couple of errors. If you sign out using another tab, then click a link in the original tab, you'll get the following message I think needs touching up. Just an apostrophe and capitalization here and there.

You shoudnt be here. looks like we messed up ><

Secondly, you should make mention that your proposed database.cfg in the script isn't always correct. Not everyone's MySQL socket lies in the /tmp folder. Mine (using ArchLinux) lies in /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock so I had to change the host setting from localhost to /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock for it to work.

Lastly, could you possibly make it so the ban reason is taken from the entire string after the 3rd argument if quotes aren't used?

Thank you.

Last edited by 11530; 02-02-2012 at 19:40.
Closed Thread