Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[EXTENSION] CBaseServer (+ Detouring class) - Reserved Slots with 0 wasted slots

Post New Thread Reply   

psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 09-13-2011 , 17:45   Re: [EXTENSION] CBaseServer (+ Detouring class) - Reserved Slots with 0 wasted slots
Reply With Quote #901

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentBr View Post
Is it possible someone fix this extension to work with L4D2 as private plugin? I guess psychonic is no interested.

Just PM me.

Thanks
I didn't respond because I had nothing to say on the matter; no time to take a look at it let.

I plan on porting it to that engine eventually for Nuclear Dawn support, but due to quirks in the l4d(2), I can't promise that it will even work as intended.

You don't need to post and PM me simultaneously and then post the same thing again (not to mention that i'm pretty sure that you did the exact same thing ~10-20 pages back as well)

Chill out
SilentBr
Veteran Member
Old 09-13-2011 , 21:12   Re: [EXTENSION] CBaseServer (+ Detouring class) - Reserved Slots with 0 wasted slots
Reply With Quote #902

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychonic View Post
I didn't respond because I had nothing to say on the matter; no time to take a look at it let.

I plan on porting it to that engine eventually for Nuclear Dawn support, but due to quirks in the l4d(2), I can't promise that it will even work as intended.

You don't need to post and PM me simultaneously and then post the same thing again (not to mention that i'm pretty sure that you did the exact same thing ~10-20 pages back as well)

Chill out
If you had responded 20 pages back "OK I'm looking into" or "No, I'm not interestead" of corse I would not posted again. But this doesn't matter.

If you are going to do this year or next 5 years, I'll be very greatfull.

Thanks anyway Psychonic.
psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 09-14-2011 , 15:08   Re: [EXTENSION] CBaseServer (+ Detouring class) - Reserved Slots with 0 wasted slots
Reply With Quote #903

Hokay, so

Same source link on the front page, new 2.0 builds
http://users.alliedmods.net/~psychon...aseserver/2.0/

Started fresh and rewrote the thing.

Net result:
probable l4d2 engine support (including Nuclear Dawn)
fixed a bug breaking ep2 support when ep2v support was last fixed
detour is now only active if a plugin is listening to the forward
no more ep1 build for linux because it broke and i'm too lazy to fix

This is almost completely untested and if you're on ep2v, there's not much reason to even bother trying with it (yet). (the old build downloads are also now active again, http://users.alliedmods.net/~psychon...baseserver/1.1 )

Anyways, glhf.
SilentBr
Veteran Member
Old 09-14-2011 , 16:28   Re: [EXTENSION] CBaseServer (+ Detouring class) - Reserved Slots with 0 wasted slots
Reply With Quote #904

Thank you so much Psychonic.

I'm going test right now on my L4D2 servers, I'll back soon with feedback.

Edit:
Quote:
sm plugins list "CBaseServer Ext Basic Reserve Slots" by predfoot winkerbottom
sm exts list CBaseServer tools (2.0.0.0): Base server tools (and example of detours)
The extension loaded ok, but doesn't work reserved slot in L4D2 servers.
I tried connect by console but says "Server is full" I tried wyth l4dtools extension (That enable more slots) and I tried without the l4dtoolz extension (only 4 slots) both ways didn't work.
I used cbase 2.0.0-hg135, SM 1.4.0-dev 3363, MM 1.9.0-dev 692
Should I update my SM and MM for test again? The extension loaded ok so I didn't try update, but maybe I should?

Last edited by SilentBr; 09-14-2011 at 17:32.
psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 09-15-2011 , 12:29   Re: [EXTENSION] CBaseServer (+ Detouring class) - Reserved Slots with 0 wasted slots
Reply With Quote #905

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentBr View Post
Thank you so much Psychonic.

I'm going test right now on my L4D2 servers, I'll back soon with feedback.

Edit:

The extension loaded ok, but doesn't work reserved slot in L4D2 servers.
I tried connect by console but says "Server is full" I tried wyth l4dtools extension (That enable more slots) and I tried without the l4dtoolz extension (only 4 slots) both ways didn't work.
I used cbase 2.0.0-hg135, SM 1.4.0-dev 3363, MM 1.9.0-dev 692
Should I update my SM and MM for test again? The extension loaded ok so I didn't try update, but maybe I should?
MM/SM version shouldn't matter.

Keep in mind that the default plugin included will not kick root admins, admins with the reserve slot flag, nor bots. If no one is kicked and the server is full, you ofc still would not be able to join.

I also don't what hacky things that these l4d2 slot unlocking plugins/extensions are doing, but it's also possible that MaxClients isn't being updated to recognize the increased slots until map change, causing the plugin to not even see players above a certain amount.

It's also possible that ConnectClient is just too late to kick someone on that engine.

Last edited by psychonic; 09-15-2011 at 12:31.
SilentBr
Veteran Member
Old 09-17-2011 , 12:51   Re: [EXTENSION] CBaseServer (+ Detouring class) - Reserved Slots with 0 wasted slots
Reply With Quote #906

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychonic View Post
MM/SM version shouldn't matter.

Keep in mind that the default plugin included will not kick root admins, admins with the reserve slot flag, nor bots. If no one is kicked and the server is full, you ofc still would not be able to join.

I also don't what hacky things that these l4d2 slot unlocking plugins/extensions are doing, but it's also possible that MaxClients isn't being updated to recognize the increased slots until map change, causing the plugin to not even see players above a certain amount.

It's also possible that ConnectClient is just too late to kick someone on that engine.
When we tried, there was "normal players" connected, without slot flag. We tried too only 4 slots (without the extension for enable fore slots) so bacisaly, didn't work with coop 4 slots, or versus 20 slots.

Thanks psychonic

Last edited by SilentBr; 09-21-2011 at 19:10.
SilentBr
Veteran Member
Old 09-21-2011 , 19:10   Re: [EXTENSION] CBaseServer (+ Detouring class) - Reserved Slots with 0 wasted slots
Reply With Quote #907

hg-136 version is not working, any news?

Thanks psychonic
Steveh
Old 10-03-2011 , 04:36   Re: [EXTENSION] CBaseServer (+ Detouring class) - Reserved Slots with 0 wasted slots
Reply With Quote #908

Hi I get the following error:
PHP Code:
L 10/02/2011 18:19:42Info (map "cp_dustbowl") (file "errors_20111002.log")
L 10/02/2011 18:19:42: [SMUnable to load extension "cbaseserver.ext": /home/gs10759/srcds_l/orangebox/tf/addons/sourcemod/extensions/cbaseserver.ext.2.ep2v.soundefined symbol_ZNK8netadr_s8ToStringEb
L 10
/02/2011 18:19:42: [SMUnable to load plugin "immunityreserveslots.smx"Required extension "CBaseServer tools" file("cbaseserver.ext"not running
L 10
/02/2011 18:19:48: [SMUnable to load plugin "immunityreserveslots.smx"Required extension "CBaseServer tools" file("cbaseserver.ext"not running 
Thanks,
Steveh

Last edited by Steveh; 10-03-2011 at 04:37. Reason: Formating error :L
psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 10-03-2011 , 08:48   Re: [EXTENSION] CBaseServer (+ Detouring class) - Reserved Slots with 0 wasted slots
Reply With Quote #909

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveh View Post
Hi I get the following error:
PHP Code:
L 10/02/2011 18:19:42Info (map "cp_dustbowl") (file "errors_20111002.log")
L 10/02/2011 18:19:42: [SMUnable to load extension "cbaseserver.ext": /home/gs10759/srcds_l/orangebox/tf/addons/sourcemod/extensions/cbaseserver.ext.2.ep2v.soundefined symbol_ZNK8netadr_s8ToStringEb
L 10
/02/2011 18:19:42: [SMUnable to load plugin "immunityreserveslots.smx"Required extension "CBaseServer tools" file("cbaseserver.ext"not running
L 10
/02/2011 18:19:48: [SMUnable to load plugin "immunityreserveslots.smx"Required extension "CBaseServer tools" file("cbaseserver.ext"not running 
Thanks,
Steveh
Tier1 linking was missing from the linux version. Try downloading again; it should be fixed.
Steveh
Old 10-04-2011 , 10:37   Re: [EXTENSION] CBaseServer (+ Detouring class) - Reserved Slots with 0 wasted slots
Reply With Quote #910

Awesome, Thanks!