One of the least known bugs in Counter-Strike is that accuracy of your bullet is set at the moment you made your previous shot, and how much time you wait has no effect on the bullet you just fired. However it has effect on the next time when you shall shoot. Sometimes players even think that their reg (bullet registration on the server) is off quite a bit. Fortunately this isn't a net code issue, but the actual glitch in accuracy calculation, what this plugin fixes. Also this plugin has few more has few more extra features. Shortly here's everything what it does:
- Fixes "use accuracy from last bullet fired earlier" glitch.
- Fixes and improves smooth spread transitions when shooting automatic weapons.
- Fixes spread cool-down at low fps.
- Fixes switched glock burst-fire accuracy of when moving and when standing still.
- Improves accuracy drastically, when you aren't moving and your spread is cooled down so to speak. You must stay on ground of course for that to happen. If you crouch, than effect becomes even stronger (in most weapons this scenario makes first bullet dead on center).
- One more drastic change is major improvement on sg550 weapon - as you may noticed, normally it isn't accurate at all, and that the spread is simply horrible, especially comparing to terrorist sniper rifle g3sg1.
- Last, but not least, when standing scout accuracy is somewhat improved - normally scout is really inaccurate, you must duck to make a shot after what you wont ask yourself "Whaaat??? How did I miss?".
Tested in Counter-Strike 1.6 with amxmodx 1.8.2. You may also download demos to see for yourself this bugs and how well plugin handles them.
Once installed, you wont see no graphical changes in accuracy. This is due to client-side accuracy calculation, what server does not update by default. In order to see actual location where bullet decal appears, you have to type "cl_lw 0" in console. But don't use this setting in actual gameplay, cause it disables client-side fire animations, and forces server-side ones what are delayed due to ping ("cl_lw 0" may and will lead to laggy gameplay).
Special thanks to Arkshine
for Counter-Strike SDK
: Fix for glock wrong movement condition accuracy when in burst mode.
: Fix for smooth spread transitions of automatic weapons.
: Improved smooth spread transitions of automatic weapons.
: Fix for slow spread cool-down of automatic weapons at low fps.
: Smoother transition to maximum accuracy for pistols and sg550.
- First release.