Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[TF2] Deathmatch Spawn Plugin (v2.1.0.0, 29/06/12)

Post New Thread Reply   

Author
x6herbius
Plugin ID:
Plugin Version:
Plugin Category:
Gameplay
Plugin Game:
Team Fortress 2
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:

Plugin Description:
    Allows players to spawn at deathmatch-style spawn points.
    Old 08-18-2011 , 20:00   [TF2] Deathmatch Spawn Plugin (v2.1.0.0, 29/06/12)
    Reply With Quote #1

Deathmatch Spawn Plugin v2.1.0.0

This is a plugin I developed through the need for random spawn points for my other plugin, Nightfire Assassination. As soon as I work on disabling the relevant logic for whatever mode of map Assassination may start up on, I'll distribute this plugin with it.

Download: See attachments at the bottom of this post. To install from the zip file, which contains the dialogue text, the plugin and some sample spawn files, extract the contents to your orangebox/tf folder, keeping the file structure intact.

Any bugs you find, let me know. If the server crashes, a crash dump or error log file would be helpful.

What does it do?
    If a spawn file is present for the current map, the plugin will move any players that spawn to the spawn points specified in the spawns file, to allow for deathmatch-style spawning. Admins with the appropriate level of authority (those who have config access) can edit the spawn files for maps through this plugin.

What does it not do?
    This plugin only handles player spawning; it will not modify the game mode the map is running (apart from allowing access to former enemy spawn rooms, if you so choose). It is the responsibility of other plugins to disable control points and other such map logic if they wish.

Future Plans
    • Prohibit spawns from being created if the editing player is crouching. This would stop spawns from being created in places where there is not enough room to stand up. As it is, make sure to only create spawn points in areas where there is enough headroom to stand.
    • Speculation: Allow the creation of barricades to limit where players can go on maps that would otherwise be very large for deathmatch games.

ConVars and commands:
    dmspawn_enabled will toggle the enabled state of deathmatch respawns.
    dmspawn_spawn_radius is the radius around the spawn points within which enemy clients and buildings will be destroyed if a client spawns there. Note that this is a *cheap* checking method in that the radius still takes effect through walls and objects. Default radius is 24 units.
    dmspawn_spawn_markers will toggle the display of particle effects at active spawn points. Useful when using the spawn editing commands (see below).
    dmspawn_resupply_enabled, _respawn_enabled and respawn_visualizers_enabled will toggle the enabled state of resupply lockers, respawn rooms and respawn visualizers (the no entry signs) respectively.
    dmspawn_door_fix will cause all doors in the map to be re-opened once a second (the same way as this works in Vs Saxton Hale) if set to 1. This is to prevent players being able to camp in their team's original spawn room.
    dmspawn_add will add a spawn point at your current position. Passing "red" as an argument will create the spawn for red; anything else (or no argument at all) will create the spawn for blue.
    dmspawn_remove will remove the spawn you are standing nearest to if no argument is specified; if a number is specified (see dmspawn_dump), the spawn point with the specified number will be removed. If "all" is specified, all spawn points will be removed.
    dmspawn_save saves all the current spawn points to a file in scripts/dmspawn. Your spawn points will not be saved until you execute this command.
    dmspawn_reload will reload the spawn points from the map's file. Useful if you want to revert immediately to a previous save after making unwanted changes.
    dmspawn_dump will dump all spawn point info to the console. By default all spawn points present in the map will be dumped, but min and max arguments can be specified. For example, dmspawn_dump 5 10 will output information about spawn points 5 to 10. The max value can go higher than the amount of spawn points that are currently present in the map.

How to Edit Spawn Files
    In the zip file attached to this post I have included some default spawn files for 2Fort, Junction and the following KOTH maps: Badlands, Harvest Event, Lakeside, Nucleus, Sawmill and Viaduct. If you wish to create spawn files for other maps, follow these steps:
    1. Ensure you are a SourceMod admin with permission to modify configs.
    2. Execute "dmspawn_spawn_markers 1". If any spawn points are currently present in the map they will become visible.
    3. "dmspawn_add red" will create a Red spawn point where you are currently standing. "dmspawn_add blue" will create a Blue point.
    4. Once you are finished adding points, "dmspawn_save" will save them to the file. Your points will not be saved until you do this. Switch off spawn markers if you want.

Changelog

Code:
    2.1.0.0 - 29/06/12
    - Fixed bugs, simplified editing commands.
    - Removed queueing behaviour since it seemed superfluous. It may be re-implemented and improved in the future if need be.

Older Versions

v1.1.0.1 - 31/08/11
    - Added a queued mode.
    - Fixed a code problem that could occur when attempting to remove the most recently placed spawn point.
    - Changed admin command permission flags to ADMFLAG_CONFIG (one level above the previous) to better reflect their intended usage.
    - Added sounds for extra feedback on actions.
    - Method for choosing a spawn point can now be either random or random queued.
    -- Random is the same as before, where a point is chosen completely at random.
    -- Random queued is a random succession of all the active spawn points. When the ene of the queue is reached, it is reset back to the start.

v1.0.0.1 - 19/08/11
    - Initial release.
    v1.1.0.1 - http://www.mediafire.com/?yo65tc4bxjalyxm
    v1.0.0.1 - http://www.mediafire.com/?m8cabc4d29r2eb1
    Attached Files
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (spawnfilecreator.sp - 468 views - 28.5 KB)
    File Type: zip spawnfilecreator_2.1.0.0.zip (30.1 KB, 815 views)

Last edited by x6herbius; 11-03-2012 at 19:21. Reason: 2.1.0.0
    Send a message via Skype™ to x6herbius
    x6herbius
    Old 08-31-2011 , 05:34   Re: [TF2] Deathmatch Spawn Plugin (v1.1.0.1, 31/08/11)
    Reply With Quote #2

Updated the previous post with version 1.1.0.1.
    nineteeneleven
    Veteran Member
    Old 08-31-2011 , 10:50   Re: [TF2] Deathmatch Spawn Plugin (v1.1.0.1, 31/08/11)
    Reply With Quote #3

works well with the nightfire plugin
    Old 03-30-2012 , 02:38   Re: [TF2] Deathmatch Spawn Plugin (v1.1.0.1, 31/08/11)
    Reply With Quote #4

PHP Code:
    L 03/30/2012 14:33:13: [SMNative "GetClientAbsOrigin" reportedClient 25 is not in game
    L 03
    /30/2012 14:33:13: [SMDisplaying call stack trace for plugin "spawnfilecreator.smx":
    L 03/30/2012 14:33:13: [SM]   [0]  Line 368C:\Users\Jonathan\Documents\SourceMod Scripts\Assassination\spawnfilecreator.sp::Event_Spawn() 
    x6herbius
    Old 03-30-2012 , 15:16   Re: [TF2] Deathmatch Spawn Plugin (v1.1.0.1, 31/08/11)
    Reply With Quote #5

Ah, that'll be a bad choice of function on my part. I'll fix that as soon as I'm home and free.

EDIT: Updated.

Last edited by x6herbius; 03-31-2012 at 05:15.
    dylstew
    Old 05-30-2012 , 09:20   Re: [TF2] Deathmatch Spawn Plugin (v1.1.0.1, 31/08/11)
    Reply With Quote #6

EDIT: Fixed my problems.
    The only real problem I have with this plugin is that it randomlt crashes after a while,and then you lose your progress(saving and switching map gets annoying after a while on large maps)`.
    Maybe it's the lagg (I get a high ping cause of all the snipers I guess)
    ED_Alloc:No free edicts. Really nice plugin btw

Last edited by dylstew; 05-30-2012 at 10:56.
    x6herbius
    Old 05-30-2012 , 10:39   Re: [TF2] Deathmatch Spawn Plugin (v1.1.0.1, 31/08/11)
    Reply With Quote #7

That's...weird. I'll look into it.
    dylstew
    Old 05-30-2012 , 11:00   Re: [TF2] Deathmatch Spawn Plugin (v1.1.0.1, 31/08/11)
    Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
    Originally Posted by x6herbius View Post
    That's...weird. I'll look into it.
    I looked it up,it's an engine error. It crashes the server when there are too many eninities.(in this case,the snipers)
    It's still strange,it's not like I have 1000 spawnpoints.

Last edited by dylstew; 05-30-2012 at 11:02.
    x6herbius
    Old 05-30-2012 , 11:20   Re: [TF2] Deathmatch Spawn Plugin (v1.1.0.1, 31/08/11)
    Reply With Quote #9

The spawn point limit I set in the code is 64, though that's arbitrary and independent of the entity limit in source (and is also far lower, which suggests entities might be being created by the plugin but not killed again afterwards).

What I've done for now is put together a quick hotfix which contains the basic functionality only (to function with any spawn point files you currently have) while I work on re-implementing the more complex stuff which has potential to go wrong, like creating and modifying the files themselves. The untested file is attached to the bottom of this post (though it's simple and should work), and I'm about to start up a temporary local server to test it properly.
    Attached Files
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (spawnfilecreator.sp - 1027 views - 11.2 KB)

Last edited by x6herbius; 05-30-2012 at 12:00.
    dylstew
    Old 05-30-2012 , 11:48   Re: [TF2] Deathmatch Spawn Plugin (v1.1.0.1, 31/08/11)
    Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
    Originally Posted by x6herbius View Post
    The spawn point limit I set in the code is 64, though that's arbitrary and independent of the entity limit in source (and is also far lower, which suggests entities might be being created by the plugin but not killed again afterwards).

What I've done for now is put together a quick hotfix which contains the basic functionality only (to function with any spawn point files you currently have) while I work on re-implementing the more complex stuff which has potential to go wrong, like creating and modifying the files themselves. The untested file is attached to the bottom of this post (though it's simple and should work), and I'm about to start up a temporary local server to test it properly.
    Plugin failed to compile -_-,can't download. Please put it in a zip file or upload it somewhere else.
    But I don't really understand what you changed in it anyway xP