Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[REQ] Standalone script (like zBlock, no sourcemod) which can check a database...

Post New Thread Reply   

mrKayne
Old 08-16-2011 , 17:18   [REQ] Standalone script (like zBlock, no sourcemod) which can check a database...
Reply With Quote #1

Hello,

I have this idea. It's about a script - a standalone script, like zBlock (doesn't need sourcemod, etc.) - which upon playerconnect, will connect to a given external database, check if the persons STEAMID is found, and if it is, the script will kick, ban and notify admin by email.

The database is not editable. It is a pre-set database.

Step by step

[admin]
a) Serveradmin uploads the script to the server, and edit the configfile for their needs.

[player]
a) Player connects to the server. The script connects to the pre-set database
b) The script check whether or not the players STEAMID is registrered in the database.
c) Two things can happend; 1) Players STEAMID is found. The script will then kick, ban and notify admin by a config-set e-mail. 2) Players STEAMID is not found. Player is not permitted to join and play on the server.

I don't know whether or not a script like this already exists, please tell me so, thanks!

If you are a script-coder, and you like the idea, please contact me, and I will explain the reason behind this idea. Thanks!

Regards
mrKayne!
Kjaer
Old 08-16-2011 , 17:33   Re: [REQ] Standalone script (like zBlock, no sourcemod) which can check a database...
Reply With Quote #2

Cool idea man! I hope someone helps you. (And to anyone whose going to say this is in the wrong section, it isn't.)