Do you want to crit today?
This plugin displays a vote at the beginning of each map, allowing the players on the server to decide if they want to enable, disable or have no preference in regards to random crits (normally set by the convar tf_weapon_criticals) for the upcoming round.
It also makes it possible for a given player to store a vote preference, so they will vote their preference automatically on each round start.
Disabling random crits sets the nocrit
servertag, which deduces points in quickplay for your server.
This plugin is inspired by TF2 Permanent Critvote
by Sillium, which in turn was inspired by TF2 Critvote
I started by modifying Silliums script, but, as I got more comfortable, I rewrote the script entirely, and have just copied a couple of his good ideas, like vote-delays.
Simply unpack the ZIP file into your TF2 folder, everything should end up where it belongs.
to your liking, and load the plugin, or restart your server, whichever you prefer.
Clientprefs, if you want to use permanent votes.
The plugin makes use of colors.inc
by excel, which is included in the ZIP file.
Its not directly incompatible, but it should go without saying that you should not run any plugins that modify tf_weapon_criticals alongside this, especially on of the two plugs mentioned in the Inspiration
The delay, in seconds, from first client connects to an empty server, until the vote starts.
Length, in seconds, of the vote.
Allows or disallows the users being able to permanently set a vote (Need clientprefs enabled on server).
The order of the votechoices (0 lists Crits On first, 1 list Crits Off first)
Delay, in seconds, before we inform a new player of the current crit status.
If a player doesn't vote, what should his vote count as?
Set to either the desired value of the tf_criticals convar (0 or 1), or to 2 to not let the vote count.
What tf_weapon_criticals will be set to in case of a tie. (0 or 1)
If you want the vote to reset when the server empties, set to 1, else to 0. (Meaning, the next connecting player will start a new vote on the given map)
Should the value of tf_weapon_criticals be changed when the server empties. Set to value it should be changed to (0 or 1), or set to 2 to leave as is.
If set to 0 or 1, the tf_criticals convar is reset to this value on mapchange, if set to 2, will retain the value from the previous round.
Shows the current random crit setting, and if the player has a vote preference, shows it to him.
Deletes the players vote preference, if set.
Plugin is ready for translation, if you want to submit a translation file, PM me.
- 1.1.0, 2011-08-03
- Made the vote menu translateable also, so now the entire plugin is translateable.
- 1.1.1, 2011-08-08
- Replay and SourceTV bots does not start the vote anymore.
- Added Danish translation.
- 1.2.0, 2011-08-21
- Added convar gb_critvote_vote_choice_order so you can list Crits Off as the first choice in the votemenu (suggested by snelvuur)
- 1.3.0, 2011-09-01
- Added convar gb_critvote_set_crits_when_empty to control the value of tf_weapon_criticals when the server empties.
- 1.3.5, 2011-09-08
- Added convar gb_critvote_allow_permanent_votes
- Changed chat commands to real SM commands.
- Removed clientprefs dependency. (If clientprefs isn't available, permanent votes are disabled)
- Added check for Team Fortress 2 on startup.
- Cleaned the code up a little bit, for approval purposes.