Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Advanced Weaponiser 2 - TF2's new innovative arsenal!

Post New Thread Reply   

Author
Mecha the Slag
Veteran Member
Plugin ID:
Plugin Version:
Plugin Category:
Gameplay
Plugin Game:
Team Fortress 2
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:

Plugin Description:
    Advanced Weaponiser 2 brings you a whole new arsenal of new, innovative TF2 weapons!
    Unapprover:
    Reason for Unapproving:
    Reported not working, not supported
    Old 07-31-2011 , 10:17   Advanced Weaponiser 2 - TF2's new innovative arsenal!
    Reply With Quote #1

[img]http://img404.**************/img404/5803/slagweapon04.png[/img]
    Full List of Weapons HERE!

Advanced Weaponiser 2 brings you a whole new arsenal of new, innovative TF2 weapons! It's a playground for new ideas; ideas you've never seen before, and Valve never dared to make!

AW2 connects to a global item database, at which it allows your players to equip all new custom weapons! Everything is handled by the database, no need to worry about anything.

Note: This is assuming your server has MetaMod: Source and SourceMod installed.

1) Click here to download the materials.
    The materials include the models, sounds and textures needed for game weapons and effects!

2) Click here to download the plugin.
    Put it on your game server (source code is also included)!

3) Download and install the following extensions:
    SDKHooks 2.0
    TF2Items
    Socket

Now you're done!

CAN I MAKE MY OWN WEAPONS?
    Not right now, but it will become possible in the future!

HOW COME I CANT ALWAYS SEE THE WEAPONS?
    All explained here

HOW DO I OBTAIN WEAPONS?
    The weapons drop at a fairly regular rate; you should be getting one shortly after joining!

Last edited by Mecha the Slag; 06-29-2012 at 13:35.
    Mecha the Slag
    Veteran Member
    Old 07-31-2011 , 10:17   Re: Advanced Weaponiser 2 - TF2's new innovative arsenal!
    Reply With Quote #2

- Reserved -

Last edited by Mecha the Slag; 11-21-2011 at 14:51.
    Snaggle
    AlliedModders Donor
    Old 07-31-2011 , 11:26   Re: Advanced Weaponiser 2 - TF2's new innovative arsenal!
    Reply With Quote #3

Very nice indeed! But what's the purpose of registering your server? I'm just curious is all, is it for your personal stats tracking or something else?
    Mecha the Slag
    Veteran Member
    Old 07-31-2011 , 11:42   Re: Advanced Weaponiser 2 - TF2's new innovative arsenal!
    Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Snaggle View Post
    Very nice indeed! But what's the purpose of registering your server? I'm just curious is all, is it for your personal stats tracking or something else?
    Registering makes your server send player info to my database, and in return my database sends drop and weapon information!
    It's a way for me to filter any malicious or spam requests by simply blocking the given SteamID

Last edited by Mecha the Slag; 07-31-2011 at 11:44.
    coeocjf
    Old 08-01-2011 , 00:44   Re: Advanced Weaponiser 2 - TF2's new innovative arsenal!
    Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mecha the Slag View Post
    1) Click here to download the materials.
    The materials include the models, sounds and textures needed for game weapons and effects!
    Can I use 1.01 FastDL materials?
    PMAvers
    Old 08-01-2011 , 02:59   Re: Advanced Weaponiser 2 - TF2's new innovative arsenal!
    Reply With Quote #6

So, any big changes from the previous version?

EDIT: Registered the server, got these in the console log. Dunno if they're major.

No such variable "$glowcolor" for material "advancedweaponiser/hideous/medieval_flamer"
    Error: Material "advancedweaponiser/hideous/medieval_flamer" : proxy "ModelGlowColor" unable to initialize!
    No such variable "$glowcolor" for material "advancedweaponiser/hideous/medieval_flamer"
    Error: Material "advancedweaponiser/hideous/medieval_flamer" : proxy "Equals" unable to initialize!
    Error: Material "advancedweaponiser/hideous/medieval_flamer" : proxy "Equals" unable to initialize!
    No such variable "$commweapon" for material "advancedweaponiser/hideous/medieval_flamer"
    Error: Material "advancedweaponiser/hideous/medieval_flamer" : proxy "CommunityWeapon" unable to initialize!
    No such variable "$tempvar" for material "advancedweaponiser/hideous/medieval_flamer"
    Error: Material "advancedweaponiser/hideous/medieval_flamer" : proxy "Multiply" unable to initialize!
    No such variable "$tempvar" for material "advancedweaponiser/hideous/medieval_flamer"
    Error: Material "advancedweaponiser/hideous/medieval_flamer" : proxy "Add" unable to initialize!
    Error: Material "advancedweaponiser/hideous/medieval_flamer" : proxy "Multiply" unable to initialize!
    Error: Material "advancedweaponiser/hideous/medieval_flamer" : proxy "Add" unable to initialize!
    KeyValues Error: RecursiveLoadFromBuffer: got EOF instead of keyname in file materials/advancedweaponiser/hideous/pitchfork.vmt
    VertexLitGeneric, (*proxies*), (*Equals*),
    KeyValues Error: RecursiveLoadFromBuffer: got EOF instead of keyname in file materials/advancedweaponiser/golf_trophy/v_trophygold.vmt
    VertexLitGeneric,
    Error! Variable "1" is multiply defined in material "advancedweaponiser/golf_trophy/v_trophygold"!
    Error! Variable "1" is multiply defined in material "advancedweaponiser/golf_trophy/v_trophygold"!

EDIT 2: Notice that the new loadout screen doesn't show any items at the moment. The Primary/Secondary/Melee slot lines just have the Remove button, and a row of empty slots.

EDIT 3: Oh, gotta actually "find" them now. Kay.

Last edited by PMAvers; 08-01-2011 at 03:45.
    Corn Flake
    Old 08-01-2011 , 03:02   Re: Advanced Weaponiser 2 - TF2's new innovative arsenal!
    Reply With Quote #7

how can i get weapons?
    Mecha the Slag
    Veteran Member
    Old 08-01-2011 , 04:28   Re: Advanced Weaponiser 2 - TF2's new innovative arsenal!
    Reply With Quote #8

An update (2.0.1) has been released.

The update requires you to download the following:
    Plugin

A changelog is displayed in-game.
    Old 08-01-2011 , 17:09   Re: Advanced Weaponiser 2 - TF2's new innovative arsenal!
    Reply With Quote #9

That was weird. Models were working fine for me this morning. Went to play on some other servers, came back to mine, and while connecting it looked like it tried to re-download everything and now I'm getting error signs.

EDIT: Restarting TF2 and re-joining the server, they seem to be working now. Go figure.

Last edited by PMAvers; 08-01-2011 at 17:12.
    Powerlord
    AlliedModders Donor
    Old 08-01-2011 , 17:11   Re: Advanced Weaponiser 2 - TF2's new innovative arsenal!
    Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
    Originally Posted by PMAvers View Post
    That was weird. Models were working fine for me this morning. Went to play on some other servers, came back to mine, and while connecting it looked like it tried to re-download everything and now I'm getting error signs.
    This is a known bug in Source games. If you connect to a server that has a different pure_whitelist.txt, it attempts to redownload all custom files (and fails) and refuses to display them.

The "fix" is to exit TF2 (client, not server) and restart it.

Last edited by Powerlord; 08-01-2011 at 17:15.