Servers with this Plugin:
    Plugin Description:
    Queries SteamRep website for scammers.
    Old 07-19-2011 , 21:01   [TF2] Official SteamRep Checker
    Reply With Quote #1

[TF2] SteamRep Checker
    Plugin Version 1.1.5

Description:

This is a plugin that queries the SteamRep database for a player as they are joining.
    If the player is a reported scammer in the database, the plugin gives you a few options for what you want to do with them.
    It is intended for trade servers that trust the SteamRep website.
    You can also use the command !sr or !rep to check the steamrep profile of a player in-game.

Requirements:

Sourcemod
    Sockets Extension (http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=67640)

Cvars:

sr_scammer - How to handle the scammer. 0-Rename with [SCAMMER] tag, 1-Kick, 2-Ban for X minutes (configured by sr_bantime), 3-Same as 2 but also ban ip for Y minutes (configured by sr_baniptime)
    sr_bantime - If sr_scammer is set to 2 or 3, this is where you set how long to ban the user for, in minutes
    sr_baniptime - If sr_scammer is set to 3, this is where you set how long to ban the ip for, in minutes
    sr_kick_renamed_scammers - Kick a scammer when the server is full. Set to 0 to disable.
    sr_exclude - Comma separated value for tags you DO NOT trust for reported scammers. Input the tags here for any community whose bans you DO NOT TRUST. Ex: SR,TF2TP means you DO NOT TRUST SR or TF2TP reported scammers.
    sr_checkip - Include IP address of connecting players in query. Set to 0 to disable.

Commands:

sm_sr - This will open up your MOTD panel to the SteamRep page of your target (either the player you type or the person you are aiming at).
    sm_rep - This will open up your MOTD panel to the SteamRep page of your target (either the player you type or the person you are aiming at).

Install Instructions:

1. Upload steamrep.smx to your /sourcemod/plugins/ folder.
    2. Set your cvar settings in steamrep.cfg in your /tf/cfg/sourcemod/ folder. (Plugin will auto-create this cfg file if it doesn't already exist.)
    3. Reboot server

Special Thanks:

Azelphur for pointing me in the right direction.
    FlaminSarge for not ignoring my questions about error fixes.
    ASBO trading community for helping test.
    Botts for helping me test.
    exvel for colors.inc (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=96831)
    Antithasys for Simple Chat Colors (http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=949520) utilized a couple functions from that plugin. Recoded for use with this.
    Bottiger for some good code changes (check userid instead of client, added sr_kick_renamed_scammers, helped test a lot).
    Mattie for helping me remove the API key requirement.
    Dr. McKay for morecolors.inc (http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=185016)

Changelog:
    • 1.1.5:
      • Added sr_checkip. (Include IP address of connecting players in query. Set to 0 to disable.)
        • Will allow for an upcoming feature of checking the IP of a connecting player.
      • Fixed a color inconsistency when sr_scammer is set to 0.
      • Now using morecolors.inc.
    • 1.1.4:
      • Removed sr_api. There is now no more need for an API key to run this plugin.
      • Removed sr_tags. Created a new way of excluding tags that you DO NOT trust.
      • Added sr_exclude. The plugin now trusts all tags except for the tags you enter here.
    • 1.1.3:
      • Add ability to trust EE tag.
      • Changed to BIG MOTD.
    • 1.1.2:
      • Created a way for server admins to select which community-SCAMMER tags they trust (sr_tags).
      • Added !rep command. It does the same thing as !sr.
    • 1.1.1:
      • Some more bugfixes.
      • Added a kick in the event a scammer tries to remove [SCAMMER] label.
      • Removed some timers for better performance when sr_scammer is set to 0.
    • 1.1.0:
      • Bugfixes.
    • 1.0.9:
      • Changed to check userid to make sure an improper user isn't queried. (Thanks Bottiger)
      • Added sr_kick_renamed_scammers cvar to kick a scammer when the server is full. (Thanks Bottiger)
      • Removed a check that allowed scammers to skip the tag when chatting.
    • 1.0.8:
      • Added a public api key daily limited to 100 queries so that server operators can test the plugin before requesting a key.
        • Getting an api key will allow a much higher limit to the queries and is highly recommended.
      • Changed sr_version to sr_checker_version to not conflict with other plugin.
      • Edited timer on rename to prevent rapid changes to name in order to avoid the [SCAMMER] tag when using sr_scammer 0.
    • 1.0.7:
      • Eliminated query for bots.
      • Created potential for whitelisting. ( Feature Request )
        • Add an admin override for "SkipSR" in your admin_overrides.cfg file and assign it to whatever flag you want to whitelist.
      • Added sr_version cvar to keep better tracking of which version a server is using.
      • Added error catching for someone running sm_sr from rcon.
    • 1.0.6:
      • Changed query string to match new api system.
      • Added new mode for handling scammers (sr_scammer 0) that simply renames them with a [SCAMMER] tag.
        • This was made for servers to evaluate the accuracy of SteamRep, so a decision can be made on how they would like to handle the reported Scammers.
      • Added sm_sr (!sr /sr) command. This will open up the MOTD panel to the SteamRep page of the target (the player you type or the person you are aiming at).
      • Added a bool array for simplicity and the potential for creating native functions in the future.
    Attached Files
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (steamrep.sp - 1007 views - 11.3 KB)
    File Type: smx steamrep.smx (15.9 KB, 1457 views)

Last edited by jameless; 11-17-2012 at 14:27. Reason: new version
    Drixevel
    AlliedModders Donor
    Old 07-19-2011 , 21:58   Re: [TF2] Official SteamRep Checker
    Reply With Quote #2

I like this plugin, will install in a minute and email.
    pheadxdll
    AlliedModders Donor
    Old 07-20-2011 , 01:21   Re: [TF2] Official SteamRep Checker
    Reply With Quote #3

Hey, an API is great, glad they opened it up. I cooked up a plugin that scrapes their website for information on bans. When players join they get OK'd or they get a scammer warning. The only word of caution I have is that not all the bans are justified. They have the biggest database around but not all the bans are for scamming, so it takes some discretion.

Some suggestions from my plugin would be a menu with all the statuses of players on the server, what servers they got banned from/reasons, and perhaps a menu option to pop open the motd on their steamrep.com account. May not all be possible with what they give you with the API, they don't have any docs to look at. :/

Hope this gets some use!

Last edited by pheadxdll; 07-20-2011 at 01:26.
    jameless
    Veteran Member
    Old 07-20-2011 , 06:40   Re: [TF2] Official SteamRep Checker
    Reply With Quote #4

Thanks. Yea I can look into that menu.

I am also considering creating natives that will return an array that includes the HTTP response header, the reps returned, and the steamid that was used to query. In this case I would create another option for sr_scammer in case you don't want to just kick/ban scammers but handle them yourself in another plugin.
    snelvuur
    Veteran Member
    Old 07-22-2011 , 08:17   Re: [TF2] Official SteamRep Checker
    Reply With Quote #5

Ah yes, datastorm said something like this was coming i'll install it too.
    Veteran Member
    Old 07-24-2011 , 11:27   Re: [TF2] Official SteamRep Checker
    Reply With Quote #6

UPDATE RELEASE
    • 1.0.6:
      • Changed query string to match new api system.
      • Added new mode for handling scammers (sr_scammer 0) that simply renames them with a [SCAMMER] tag.
        • This was made for servers to evaluate the accuracy of SteamRep, so a decision can be made on how they would like to handle the reported Scammers.
      • Added sm_sr (!sr /sr) command. This will open up the MOTD panel to the SteamRep page of the target (the player you type or the person you are aiming at).
      • Added a bool array for simplicity and the potential for creating native functions in the future.

**IMPORTANT** In order to fully utilize this plugin, you need to have a valid API key. **IMPORTANT**
    Skyrider
    AMX Mod X Beta Tester
    Old 07-26-2011 , 14:31   Re: [TF2] Official SteamRep Checker
    Reply With Quote #7

Installed, works as a charm! Really glad to have this feature as I really dislike scammers.
    Old 07-26-2011 , 19:42   Re: [TF2] Official SteamRep Checker
    Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
    Originally Posted by pheadxdll View Post
    *snip*
    The only word of caution I have is that not all the bans are justified. They have the biggest database around but not all the bans are for scamming, so it takes some discretion.
    *snip*
    Any falses can appeal to me or Butane, and tbh, we have over 1000 scammers in the database, and so far only about 12 or so ever successfully appealed their status. Sorry I don't buy the:
    - My brother/friend/son/nephew/cousin did it.
    - "my account got hacked, I hacked it back"
    - etc
    Any appeals can be checked upon on the SOP Forums in the Scammer DB Thread there (sticky under buying/selling). I post all of them there. Sometimes they have their own thread, as its of note for some reason.

We honor the trade related bans on connected sites: UHC, UTC, TF2-Trader, ASBO (my home), SOP Forums, TF2TP and last not least RAWR.

We cannot possible check all, so we respect their bans for trade related bans. If it was for scamming, it is the scamming tag, if it was just some trading trouble, it can be a caution tag. Caution tag was in the past for any ban, and later for a ban longer then a week, and since about 3 or 4 weeks its only for trade related issues.

If they have a ban there, they will be listed accordingly, scammer, caution, or not. We dont add ppl for petty (however bad we want to sometimes), and I've been working on the reports to be proven since I've been admin on it. That a certain amount of trust is involved with high rep traders, thats a given, even so with the server admins. We cant check everything. They will have to appeal on that related site, and if overturn, they can contact us to get the tag removed again.

Or ultimately if on the related site it was unfair dealing on their appeal, and they can then apeal to us, we can remove the tag as well, overruling the them. Doesn't happen often, but it has. The only direct appeals to me or butane are related to SOP.

To be clear:
    - I remove the tag if the evidence is way too lacking.
    - I dont remove the tag if the evidence in contrary is lacking.
    - Tags are now only trade related, and can be appealed via the appropriate parties.
    - The caution tags are still "dirty" as those have a history with being for having any bans.
    - If any non-scammer is in the database, they would have done some pretty stupid stuff to get there.
    - Any form of scamming is counted, quickswitching, fake middlemen, not paying up, retracting money over PP, etc.
    - We do list alts, if we find alts, they will be listed.
    - Caution tags are perm, as we only have recently admin notes per account we can note down on their specific pages. We can't possibly check all the old Caution tags, what the reason was for adding them etc. There is simply too many.

I think I've covered most of it. There is some additional tidbits on the FAQ page: http://www.steamrep.com/faq.php

Last edited by DataStorm; 07-26-2011 at 19:44.
    Drixevel
    AlliedModders Donor
    Old 07-26-2011 , 21:12   Re: [TF2] Official SteamRep Checker
    Reply With Quote #9

I just got my API key, will let people know how it goes.
    Drixevel
    AlliedModders Donor
    Old 07-26-2011 , 23:09   Re: [TF2] Official SteamRep Checker
    Reply With Quote #10

I'd like to request a new feature, I'd like to add a whitelist to my server so i can enable certain people banned by SteamRep onto my server just in case i would need it. I figured it would be interesting to have one of those on your server. :]