Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Insanity Mod v.22 (Saved Exp-Assorted Model Deathmatch)

Post New Thread Reply   

Plugin Info:     Modification:   Counter-Strike        Category:   Fun Stuff        Approver:   EKS (166)
Big John
Old 08-22-2005 , 14:15   Insanity Mod v.22 (Saved Exp-Assorted Model Deathmatch)
Reply With Quote #1

Insanity Mod v.22(Saved Exp-Assorted Model Deathmatch) by John "BIG JOHN" Gomes

Special Thanks To: JGHG for his rememberthefrags plugin which makes the saved exp possible for my Insanity Mod
BAILOPAN for his CSDM deathmatch plugin which makes Insanity Mod all the more exciting.
All the people who helped me in the Scripting Help area when I had questions.

What Is Insanity Mod? (insanitymod.sma, insanityrepairman.sma, insanitygambler.sma, rememberthefrags.sma, csdm_mod.sma)
-Changes everyone's models to strange creatures, with permanent health, gravity, armor bonus depending on what their kill count is. The models cycle as u lvl up, so that u can be a model u were before.
Experience is saved as kills.
The More you kill, the more you level up and change models with progressively better bonuses along the way.
-With JGHG's rememberthefrags plugin your kill experience is automatically saved on server permanently.

-Terrorist Models Glow Red and CT models Glow Blue

-The creatures or models are: VIP, Green Trekker, Bomberman, Legoman, Statue of Jebediah Springfield, Chicken, Goomba, Guy Sitting On the Toilet, Umbrella, Desert Jeep, Dragon Fly, Tree

-The levels go from A-1-1 to Z-12, and then there are 12 Supreme Levels, then 4 Ultra-Supreme Levels, then Insanity Master.

-The level you are depends on how many kills you have, and the levels go up to 235000 kills.

-Gaining levels in the begining is very easy with 1 level per kill for about 25 kills. It then gets slowly more difficult to level up, but by then the player is addicted due to the reinforcing effect of having gained so many previous lvls.
-PS: I am working on my PHD in psychology and I applied some psychological principles to my plugin to addict people to it. (is that ethical? Who knows, who cares lol)

-It is suggested that you use JGHG's rememberthefrags plugin that I included as it is, as I set it up already to work specifically with my Insanity Mod.

-It is also suggested that you use BAILOPANS CSDM plugin which I included as it is, as I edited it to work specifically with Insanity Mod. (example: spawn protection is now godmode instead of health so that u get your lvl's health bonus.
another example: I took off his spawn protection glow to preserve the glow that tells you who to shoot.)

-Included are two more plugins which I made to compliment insanitymod, they are insanityrepairman and insanitygambler.

-COMMAND: /fixme -If you spawn without your level, then type /fixme and u will be repaired. This is rare but it happens.
That is what the insanityrepairman plugin does. It also fixes an exploit that comes along with deathmatch.

-COMMAND: /gamble -If you want to gamble with your kill experience then type /gamble . That is what insanitygambler plugin does.

-Note: At the Supreme Levels and Beyond (the lvls after z-12) you get progressively higher chances of getting noclip when u spawn until you die.
Your models also become randomized. And Your health becomes randomized between progressively higher numbers.
Example: Supreme LvL 1 has between 450-500 random health; 1 percent chance of noclip; random model etc

-Where to put model files and sound files:
-Place the model folders(which include the model files) into cstrike/models/player folder.
If you dont have a "models" folder, then make one and then inside the "models" folder, make a folder called "player"
Inside the "player" folder put all the different model folders inside.
Example: place the folder called "chicken" (which contains the .mdl file inside) into the "player" folder.
So the path would be ctrike/models/player/chicken/chicken.mdl

-Place the .wav sound files called: (levelupcaster, gamblewin, gamblelose, gambledraw) into the cstrike/sound/misc folder.
If the "sound" or "misc" folders don't exist, then create them

-Of course, compile and place the insanitymod, insanityrepairman, insanitygambler, rememberthefrags, and csdm_mod plugins in the normal place and declare each as you would any other plugin.

-When you compile the 5 plugins that make up insanity mod, it will up to 1 min to compile a few of them.
So don't worry if the compile seems to be taking a long time, its normal.
-Also, When you compile the plugins, you will get alot of loose indentation warnings.
Take no notice of it, as the plugin has been tested extensively and works fine.

(C)2005 by John "Big John" Gomes
Creation: 07-02-2005, Released: 08-22-2005

-Please Note: This is the first plugin I ever wrote and it was rather ambitious of me to try something this long, and it has evolved along the way.
This plugin has been tested over the past 2 months on my server and turned it from a dead server to a lively server full of addicts with 1000's of kills, some with over 10000 kills.
This attests to its addictive quality especially with the gambling. Some people get addicted to the gambling itself lol and just sit there gamling.
I am very proud of this plugin and I hope you find the same enjoyment in it that I did, both making and playing it.
Alot of people begged me to release it publically, and I resisted at first because I wanted to fill my server with addicts first.
But now that I have alot of addicts there all the time, I want other servers to have some fun too.
When you compile the plugins, you will get alot of loose indentation warnings. Take no notice of it, as the plugin has been tested extensively and works fine.
Attached Files
File Type: zip insanity_mod_v.22__saved_exp-assorted_model_deathmatch_.zip (883.3 KB, 7374 views)
Velocity36
Old 08-22-2005 , 14:20  
Reply With Quote #2

I've been waiting for this! Thanks! I play on a server tht had it for at least a month 65.50.144.37:27015

I demand this approved
Old 08-22-2005 , 14:27   Thanks Velocity
Reply With Quote #3

Hi Velocity!
The server you have been playing that at was mine ;)
This is "High" aka Big John.
I figured it was time to release this to the world lol

PS-Thanks for the props
Velocity36
Old 08-22-2005 , 14:34  
Reply With Quote #4

Hey, sup high! lol, well thanks for releasing it!
Old 08-22-2005 , 18:24  
Reply With Quote #5

I just added a 3rd server to -[AfK]- thought id try this.
Test it here. I will have fast download setup soon. (for additions)
CSDM IS NOT RUNNING ON THIS SERVER
IT IS REGULAR COUNTERSTRIKE (Mods Added Later)
BACARRA
Old 08-22-2005 , 18:45  
Reply With Quote #6

sounds good testing it right now.
TiMbErLaNd
Old 08-22-2005 , 21:15  
Reply With Quote #7

yeah im still running this and all, but come on now, these models are jsut annoying. I love the idea of using kills as a base for the aquisition of level. but the models just blow this way outta there. Models, yes, just not huge ones, or tiny ones. the superhero models would to it for me. if people dont have fast downloads setup then....oh well....

very nice and creative plugin though.
again props to using the kills as a base for levels.
im sure that can be used for many other applications.
EKS
Veteran Member
Old 08-22-2005 , 22:19  
Reply With Quote #8

why do you have csdm in the zip file?
Old 08-22-2005 , 22:56  
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by EKS
why do you have csdm in the zip file?
people dont write huge descriptions for nothing....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big John
-It is also suggested that you use BAILOPANS CSDM plugin which I included as it is, as I edited it to work specifically with Insanity Mod. (example: spawn protection is now godmode instead of health so that u get your lvl's health bonus.
another example: I took off his spawn protection glow to preserve the glow that tells you who to shoot.)
and if you read the .sma

Quote:
Originally Posted by insanitymod.sma
if (get_user_frags(a) > 234999)
{
new Modelran = random(12) +1
new Clipran = random(3)
client_print(a,print_chat,"Insanity Master Acquired! [2500] Health; [1 in 3] Chance Of No Clip")
client_print(a,print_chat,"Congradulations On Reaching The Final Level! You Have [%d] Kills",get_user_frags(a))
how easy do you think it is to get that
many kills playing without constant carnage?

*EDIT - I will wait for another version.
Big John
Old 08-23-2005 , 04:55   hi timberland
Reply With Quote #10

The models have the same size hitbox as regular models, so its good to start by aiming low to hit the enemy and eventually u start picking up where to shoot/where the head is etc.
The figuring out of where to shoot the models is part of the fun.
Also, with regards to it going to 235000 kills, I just did it that way so that there are realistically almost unlimited levels. (it would take forever to get that far, and i made it that way for that very reason... to keep people addicted n coming back.)

Realistically, it is not hard to level up in this plugin and only becomes a big challenge around supreme lvl 1, which is at 6700 kills. And even then lvling up is well within reach till maybe supreme lvl 10 (although this would be alot of work). After that, it gets pretty hard... although possible. But with deathmatch, anything is possible with all the kills you get.