Post New Thread Reply   

SpyDevil
BANNED
Old 02-24-2011 , 14:32   Re: Block Wallhack v8 [CS & CZ]
Reply With Quote #1481

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsb View Post
Windows or linux?
linux bro. Windows is not compatable for hlds... I use centos 5.5 32bit.
Send a message via ICQ to SpyDevil Send a message via MSN to SpyDevil
nsb
Old 02-24-2011 , 15:22   Re: Block Wallhack v8 [CS & CZ]
Reply With Quote #1482

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyDevil View Post
linux bro. Windows is not compatable for hlds... I use centos 5.5 32bit.
I use Debian 6.0 Squeeze @ c2 quad q6600 / 3 gb ddr
Moff
Old 02-24-2011 , 15:36   Re: Block Wallhack v8 [CS & CZ]
Reply With Quote #1483

Good job, OT. New version seems to be a major improvement over the previous ones.

I have a little problem with it though. I started to notice players poping up every now and again, and sometimes even disappearing right in front of me. It doesn't happens too often, and i guess it has to do with my server's performance which could've been better, but i had version 4.5 installed for a year or something, and i never really noticed this effect before. In fact, there was a time when my server experienced some huge lags, with server's fps droping down as low as 15-20 and pings raising up to 100, yet, the plugin worked surprisingly smoothly all that time.

Maybe it has something to do with this new smooth check method? Which one of them was actually used in a previous versions? Since i was pretty happy with a way plugin worked before, i wanted to keep my settings, so i set trw_smooth_check to 1. Could it be the problem? Is this second method better\faster in any way?
ot_207
Veteran Member
Old 02-24-2011 , 15:39   Re: Block Wallhack v8 [CS & CZ]
Reply With Quote #1484

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moff View Post
Good job, OT. New version seems to be a major improvement over the previous ones.

I have a little problem with it though. I started to notice players poping up every now and again, and sometimes even disappearing right in front of me. It doesn't happens too often, and i guess it has to do with my server's performance which could've been better, but i had version 4.5 installed for a year or something, and i never really noticed this effect before. In fact, there was a time when my server experienced some huge lags, with server's fps droping down as low as 15-20 and pings raising up to 100, yet, the plugin worked surprisingly smoothly all that time.

Maybe it has something to do with this new smooth check method? Which one of them was actually used in a previous versions? Since i was pretty happy with a way plugin worked before, i wanted to keep my settings, so i set trw_smooth_check to 1. Could it be the problem? Is this second method better\faster in any way?
The difference in specified in the first post. Smooth check 2 is slower but more precise than the first one. The first one is ok also. It depends on how much cpu you want the plugin to use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsb View Post
I do not know what your hardware more disagree, for me the CPU usage is still huge, about 40% higher.
You can try setting the plugin differently to make it use lesser CPU. I will add a cvar in the next versions that will make the plugin use less resources, although this will decrease the precision.

Back, will come around when I have time.

Last edited by ot_207; 02-24-2011 at 15:42.
h010c
Old 02-24-2011 , 16:27   Re: Block Wallhack v8 [CS & CZ]
Reply With Quote #1485

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moff View Post
I started to notice players poping up every now and again, and sometimes even disappearing right in front of me. It doesn't happens too often
The players noticed it once or may be twice(during several hours of gameplay). It was when player of other team was sitting in front of them and he started blinking, it looked like disappearing and appearing all the time again and again(until he was killed). I do not know if we are talking about the same things, but that is what I've seen with my own eyes. It happens really RARE.
ot_207
Veteran Member
Old 02-24-2011 , 16:52   Re: Block Wallhack v8 [CS & CZ]
Reply With Quote #1486

Quote:
Originally Posted by h010c View Post
The players noticed it once or may be twice(during several hours of gameplay). It was when player of other team was sitting in front of them and he started blinking, it looked like disappearing and appearing all the time again and again(until he was killed). I do not know if we are talking about the same things, but that is what I've seen with my own eyes. It happens really RARE.
I have also seen this but still it is rare. Will try to look through the code, and fix it. In the next version there will probably be a fix.

Balgaa
Old 02-25-2011 , 00:21   Re: Block Wallhack v8 [CS & CZ]
Reply With Quote #1487

i mean footstep sound problem, because i enable WH footstep sound, people says like horse racing around there...
ot_207
Veteran Member
Old 02-25-2011 , 00:23   Re: Block Wallhack v8 [CS & CZ]
Reply With Quote #1488

Quote:
Originally Posted by ot_207 View Post
snb_footsteps 1 // 1 (default/recommended) make the plugin generate footsteps set mp_footsteps to 0!!!, 0 disabled

georgik57
Veteran Member
Old 02-25-2011 , 08:34   Re: Block Wallhack v8 [CS & CZ]
Reply With Quote #1489

ot just make it so when snb_footsteps is set to 1 to automatically turn mp_footsteps to 0 and specify this in the cvar description
Old 02-25-2011 , 09:02   Re: Block Wallhack v8 [CS & CZ]
Reply With Quote #1490

Sounds sound different
It is because of the different transmission. Don't worry about it!
stands for footstep and other sound...?