Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[CSS].CS Online kill message,For CS Source,overlays

Post New Thread Reply   

Black Haze
BANNED
Old 02-08-2011 , 08:13   Re: [CSS].CS Online kill message,For CS Source,overlays
Reply With Quote #61

Update:
I split the plugin into several parts.

One is the framework, which holds functions for pre caching, showing an overlay and just general things that need to be set in order for this to work.

Second one is some sort of trigger plugin, that tells the framework what to pre cache, and when to show what overlay.

Advantage of this is that you can add multiple trigger plugins, for instance another one that does the gungame triggers (gg_levelup, gg_win, that sort of thing).

That's roughly it, framework is done, now doing the basic trigger plugin, which holds the triggers to show the original overlays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake60 View Post
Wow, guys, you are the rock!
I have idea, may be merge Quake sound and this plugin? What will be nice
Plugin framework is going to have sound functions added later when the overlays work, but you can always run this and quake sounds at the same time of course.

Last edited by Black Haze; 02-08-2011 at 08:36.
Zylius
SourceMod Donor
Old 02-09-2011 , 12:41   Re: [CSS].CS Online kill message,For CS Source,overlays
Reply With Quote #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Haze View Post
Running into small design problem, is not gonna be done tonight, sorry :p
Quote:
Originally Posted by siangc View Post
thanks man
gj yourself . I can't compress them to less than 1mb for each file, which is kinda much, maybe I'll have luck with it later, but here they are for now. I re-made them all.

edit:
when compressed in bz2 they hardly take any place, so its not a problem.
Great job both of you, thanks. I actually got it working on my server. Siangc, could you please give me any recommendations in making the overlays? I want to create a few custom ones.
siangc
Old 02-09-2011 , 16:29   Re: [CSS].CS Online kill message,For CS Source,overlays
Reply With Quote #63

I'm not familiar with your knowledge ofc, its pretty much like making a transparent spray for any source engine game, theres plenty tutorials for that, check fpsbanna.com, but instead of a normal vmt file use one of mine, and just edit the file name inside of it, then you should be fine.
actually I'm pretty sure its possible to animate the overlays if there's a need for that.
Old 02-09-2011 , 19:30   Re: [CSS].CS Online kill message,For CS Source,overlays
Reply With Quote #64

look forward to the completion of your work, guys
BANNED
Old 02-09-2011 , 19:44   Re: [CSS].CS Online kill message,For CS Source,overlays
Reply With Quote #65

Sick, so it might take a while, though if tomorrow's any better I'll try to fix it up by then.

Siang a small tut on how to make the overlays might be nice if you're able, I've changed the code so overlays are switchable.
siangc
Old 02-10-2011 , 01:46   Re: [CSS].CS Online kill message,For CS Source,overlays
Reply With Quote #66

Ok here's a quick how to:
You need photoshop and vtfedit which you can get here:
http://nemesis.thewavelength.net/index.php?p=40

Then follow this tutorial on how to make a transparent spray:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqeRc...layer_embedded

The only important thing is making the alpha map properly, and instead of 256x256, use 512x512 or 1024x1024.

vtfedit
Import (file>import) your tga file, use these settings
[IMG]http://img211.**************/img211/5457/67781449.th.jpg[/IMG]
Save it as vtf. Find the vtf file you just saved, at the same location there will be a .vmt file with the same name, open it in notepad, replace everything inside with this

"UnlitGeneric"
{
"$translucent" 1
"$basetexture" "Overlays\kill\yourfile"
"$no_fullbright" 1
"$ignorez" 1
}

Replace the name here, without the file extension.
"$basetexture" "Overlays\kill\yourfile"

Then you are done.

Last edited by siangc; 02-10-2011 at 01:51.
KyleS
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 02-10-2011 , 02:40   Re: [CSS].CS Online kill message,For CS Source,overlays
Reply With Quote #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake60 View Post
look forward to the completion of your work, guys
I am as well, if you need help Black Haze, fire me a PM.
Black Haze
BANNED
Old 02-10-2011 , 07:42   Re: [CSS].CS Online kill message,For CS Source,overlays
Reply With Quote #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle12 View Post
I am as well, if you need help Black Haze, fire me a PM.
Thanks for the offer, but nearly done
Need to make a small "for" statement so any number of killstreak messages (One kill! Four kills! that kinda thing) can be used, and it's done!
Snake60
Old 02-10-2011 , 08:06   Re: [CSS].CS Online kill message,For CS Source,overlays
Reply With Quote #69

Amazing
BANNED
Old 02-10-2011 , 08:56   Re: [CSS].CS Online kill message,For CS Source,overlays
Reply With Quote #70

Done. Finally :p

Restructured the plugin:

First plugin: sm_killmessage_framework.smx
Plugin that exposes two commands:
  • sm_killmessage_prepare - has to be called at map start, and precaches the given overlay
  • sm_killmessage_show - can be called at any time, and shows the overlay to the given user

Second plugin: sm_killmessage_overlays_basicsupport.smx
This is more like a sample plugin, showing how to use the framework. It's set up so it mimics Martin's original plugin.

Plugins are attached, as is a complete zip with everything needed to run it out of the box (compiled plugins, sourcecode, overlays, config file).

Let us know if you run into any bugs!

Siang, I changed the path the overlays get into (not sure why again, but I did :p), it's now cstrike\materials\killmessages

Downloads removed, new downloads at https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...2&postcount=76

Last edited by Black Haze; 02-10-2011 at 19:03.